Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: WS Changes testing     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

WS Changes testing

Ive done a few tests on the new WS changes. These numbers are what my tests suggest, any person with more experience on WS formulas please confirm or disprove these numbers.

Tachi Gekko, Yuki, Kasha fTP are now:
    100TP: 2.5
    200TP: 3
    300TP: 3.25

Before patch, they were 1.5, 2, and 2.5.

Cross reaper has the same fTP mods as the above.
    Before, they were 2, 2.25, and 2.5 respectively.

Detonator now has fTP of:
    100TP: 1.5
    200TP: 2
    300 TP: 2.5

Before patch: 2, 2.5, 3.

The before patch #s are taken off of wiki.

My tests seem to fit these numbers nicely, but please someone test them out a bit more.

Re: WS Changes testing

I'm wondering about Detonator--the COR in my PT earlier was doing ~900-1100 with it at 300%, but only 750-950 with Slug Shot.

Could be they gave it some lolmodifiers...

We built this city
    We built this city on cock and stooooooone

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

People on my server are saying Yukki/Gekko/Kasha no longer stack with SA. Can anyone confirm/deny?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Naramaska
    I'm wondering about Detonator--the COR in my PT earlier was doing ~900-1100 with it at 300%, but only 750-950 with Slug Shot.

I can see detonator doing better at 300% (about time something decent came out of it) but why is your COR waiting till 300% to shoot a slug, I throw mine out at 100% <<; which overall is more damag....

Quote Originally Posted by Zarath
    Quote Originally Posted by Naramaska

I can see detonator doing better at 300% (about time something decent came out of it) but why is your COR waiting till 300% to shoot a slug, I throw mine out at 100% <<; which overall is more damag....
    Mostly just to see how the "new" detonator did. We were pulling something retarded like 25k/hr. dicking around with SAM/WAR + WAR/SAM + WAR/DRG on Greater Colibri.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

lol fair enough, but it's good to know that detonator isn't utterly useless no more

Quote Originally Posted by Deftscythe
    People on my server are saying Yukki/Gekko/Kasha no longer stack with SA. Can anyone confirm/deny?
    Looks it so far from our testing. SAM is doing ~13000/WS with SA Gekko, and just as much with TA. It's not on bunnies...but even still.

Definately looks interesting.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Gorgonnash

I logged in real quick earlier tonight to mess with detonator, and it was still weaker than slugshot for me. I ran out into sarutabaruta as a naked RNG/SAM with obow and darksteel bolts, and slug shot did 2737 on a tiny mandragora, and 300 tp detonator did 1300-1400ish. Sorry, no screenshots

can we make this thread the "my 2h changes in general" thread? every thread about this update has an "omg 2h owns" post in it

anyway heres mine
    http://img484.imageshack.us/img484/5668/newwsqm9.jpg

pretty good for a non-2hrd ws on a neutral mob, atk food+berserk+1minuet+doubleattack

I really want to see some parses of a ridill war vs a well equiped 2 hander now.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

My SAM friend was averaging 1.2k Gekkos at mammools. Idk if the is usual or not, but it was pretty hot. I think he ended up being like, 36% of the parse with 4 DDs.

I'm the SAM from Naramaska's test. On Greater Colibri I was doing 1100-1250 Gekkos with a crummy Ushimikaru at 100 TP, 1770+ with a DA proc, and 1900+ with 200 TP and DA proc. SAM/WAR in merits.

The SA tests were relatively even (few dmg off given lvl differences, a tad more tp), all within 50 points. SA Gekko was doing 1400 with 300 TP and 1400 without SA. Methink SA no longer crits But we got a badass boost, so who cares. SAM/THF for the Lesser Colibri tests.

*edited for clarity*

They're coming to take me away. Ha Ha!
    BG Level

I think that SA and a "real" Crit are 2 different things, and this Patch just made 2H weapons function using the SA mods all the time instead of just when SA is used. However, I think SA will still give you the 100% hit, and TA. So it might still be worth using for HNMs and stuff.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Toralyn
    I'm the SAM from Naramaska's test. On Greater Colibri I was doing 1100-1250 Gekkos with a crummy Ushimikaru at 100 TP, 1770+ with a DA proc, and 1900+ with 200 TP and DA proc.

The SA tests were relatively even (few dmg off given lvl differences, a tad more tp), all within 50 points. SA Gekko was doing 1400 with 300 TP and 1400 without SA. Methink SA no longer crits But we got a badass boost, so who cares.
    Oh the SAM I was pting with was /war.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

I'm the SAM from Naramaska's test. On Greater Colibri I was doing 1100-1250 Gekkos with a crummy Ushimikaru at 100 TP, 1770+ with a DA proc, and 1900+ with 200 TP and DA proc.

The SA tests were relatively even (few dmg off given lvl differences, a tad more tp), all within 50 points. SA Gekko was doing 1400 with 300 TP and 1400 without SA. Methink SA no longer crits But we got a badass boost, so who cares.
    Its not that SA no longer crits. Its that 2H weapons can now reach 3.0 PDIF without critting. So if you have enough attack you no longer see benefits from critical strikes. Since STR gives more Attack now it seems that this case is easier to obtain now. This can easily be tested by attacking low level mobs where all the critical hits are the same as the maximum damage hits.

AoshiZ
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Tricen

Oh the SAM I was pting with was /war.
    I was /WAR in the party. Fuck /THF for merits. We went out to Lesser Colibri after the merit party to test SA. Sorry, should've said that in my post.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Proudmoore

I ran a couple of tests on my Ranger against Colibris../nin, 1600-1700 Sidewinders with both Vulcan's and Kriegs / Franny.
    Wondering if Ranged Weapons are considered as 2 handed weapons and receive doubled bonus from base stats on racc/ratt. If I recall correctly pre-update winders were doing around 1450 but...I can't say I remember the numbers clearly.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Mayareira
    I ran a couple of tests on my Ranger against Colibris../nin, 1600-1700 Sidewinders with both Vulcan's and Kriegs / Franny.
    Wondering if Ranged Weapons are considered as 2 handed weapons and receive doubled bonus from base stats on racc/ratt. If I recall correctly pre-update winders were doing around 1450 but...I can't say I remember the numbers clearly.
    I haven't played Ranger in a long time so I have nothing to compare my old numbers to, but I am very curious if 1 STR = 1 Rattk and 1 AGI = 1Racc now when using a ranged weapon. If not, then I still want to know if you throw on a Vulcan/Fire staff if you'll still get the same effect. Something tells me that this is not the case, but it isn't exactly the easiest thing to test since SE doesn't give us numerical representations of that. I'm awaiting Rangers to post comparing new numbers to old and to see if there's any difference.

As far as Kaiten goes, just got out of an an hour long PT at Mamool Staging point fighting Puks/Mamools/Skoffins. My WS high was 2.5k, low of 1k (not counting single hit DAs), and an average of 1500. I was hitting as high as 18xx without DA on Puks, Mamools, and Skoffins... All dependent on my current attack. 1 BRD in PT and Dia II was not used for most mobs.

Kaiten definitely had a huge jump.

Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Looks like they improved all the 2H Relic WS's like woah then. Which is awesome. I can't wait for you to update your LJ with your findings.

Hint hint.

Please.

:D

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast