Item Search

BG-Wiki Search

View Poll Results: What is your opinion of the 2-handed weapon update?

Voters
612. You may not vote on this poll
  • 2-handed weapons are slightly overpowered.

244 39.87%
  • 2-handed weapons are now perfect.

183 29.90%
  • 2-handed weapons are still slightly too weak.

7 1.14%
  • 2-handed weapons still need to be much stronger.

24 3.92%
  • 2-handed weapons are now way overpowered.

154 25.16%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Poll: What is your opinion of the 2-handed weapon update?

I know there are a lot of topics already to address the update, but I saw none with an opinion poll. I know SE reads these boards, so I wanted something obvious that SE can easily see. If SE is capable of a blunder of this magnitude, I have no faith in their ability to sift through a dozen different topics to find a concensus.

My opinion is that they are overpowered. While I have not seen a lot of parse results, I have seen enough. It was my understanding that SE inteded to balance 2-handed weapons by making them on par or slightly better than dual wielding single handed weapons and give players more options. Instead they made 2-handed weapons vastly superior.

In the real world 2-handed weapons are much more powerful than single handed weapons, but they are also much slower and LESS accurate. In a game world, there is no reason that a 5K 2-handed weapon should outperform single handed relic weapons.

Of course SE doesn't have windower and therefore their testers (assuming they even have testers) can't run a parse. Lets help them out.

Re: Poll: What is your opinion of the 2-handed weapon update?

DON'T NERF ON ME

(For the record I put slightly overpowered)

We do still need to see real results. It hasn't even been 1 day.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

I put now perfect.

I do think that us 2handers have had quite enough of taking a back seat to dualwielding.

I do think they should improve WS mods for single handed weapons though. Especially swords and hand to hand. Axes can still hold their own. Katanas might do with some better mods though. But their performance in damage over time is what is should be.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

I'd like to compare these results with the same poll in a months time (provided the buff isn't repealed by then)

Black Belt
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by XxSlusherxx
    I'd like to compare these results with the same poll in a months time (provided the buff isn't repealed by then)
    there's no way they'll repeal everything, just like when they nerfed RNG and that had an unnerf later it wasn't a 100% reversal.

if they take away the Dex thing, it'd be pretty close to perfect.

I think they'd need to take away both the dex and strength thing. Being able to walk around with a 2.5-3.0 pdif average is sick enough as it is, and the weaponskill boosts are great.

Remember, 2h'ers are already cranking huge amounts of damage on day one and they haven't even retuned their builds for the new changes. Once they do, expect a huge disparity.

Champion of the House of Weave
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I hope that the 4 (currently) votes for "need to be much stronger" are joke votes or they haven't seen/heard about the update.

I voted that they're way overpowered. I'm loving the boost, but I don't think it was meant to be this good unless they're making up for lost time.

Edit: I agree with Layoneil about taking away the Dex modifier and it should be more balanced.

Black Belt
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by aurik
    I think they'd need to take away both the dex and strength thing. Being able to walk around with a 2.5-3.0 pdif average is sick enough as it is, and the weaponskill boosts are great.
    keep the STR, move the DEX to one hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomiko
    In Soviet FFXI Drg LOLs you!
    strangely fitting now.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Croaker
    In the real world...
    I stopped here. In the real world we don't worry about formula's for attack and defense against dragons.

voted they're just perfect... b/c for once instead of SE nerfing a job or situation they buff the other jobs. It's something people have been asking SE to do for years. Now they're getting slammed b/c they buffed jobs too much? That's just not right.

Quote Originally Posted by layoneil
    Wait, why do 1h need it? They don't need buffing at all.

I say just get rid of the DEX thing.

Quizno

I think it might be possible that this "over powered" moment is intentional.

Might be that the expansion will involve fighting mobs that are much stronger.

I remember reading in a cut scene or something that during the great war the beastmen were much more powerful because of the dark lord.

Old Merits
    BG Level

I'm not really in favor of any nerf. Instead a revamp of h2h and 1h weapons so that thieves and monks can keep up. Maybe something unique like a slight boost to single weilding.

I still haven't seen enough parses or a breakout to make any informed decision yet though.

New Merits
    BG Level

I approve of mountain crushing weaponskills from 2-handers but not if they're delivered at the same frequency as daggers. Make all weapons 5 TP per hit regardless of delay and it'll be perfect. :D

And ya, the accuracy thing (if true) makes no sense intuitively.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

way too overpowered

probably they are among the job that can stack high STR on top of their high base STR (WAR SAM DRK), now they got double attack benefit from it?

it just crazy. RNG got low base STR and don't have that much STR equip.

Probably if they decided unnerf ranger back, I think RNG still need to work hard to outdmg them.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Jooeetheplatypus
    Quote Originally Posted by layoneil
    Wait, why do 1h need it? They don't need buffing at all.

I say just get rid of the DEX thing.
    Dual wielders take the back seat to 2handers, and aren't as able to pump out as much damage just due to the game mechanics of dual wielding vs 2handing. Giving them something even as small as a DEX accuracy bonus won't completely close the gap, but it's at least something.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Perhaps we only feel 2hand weapons are overpowered cuz most good 2hand weapon players are very very well equiped and have specific WS build for best result. So now their good equip reflect directly to good damage, as compare to some of the WAR, MNK, and NIN who just put on whatever and was in par with some of the best two hand weapon users.

Word of advise, time for MNK and other 1hand weapon jobs to do some research and better equip themselves.

Think about it, Ridill/Joyuse Warrior before this update parse in par with Apoc Drk. I don't care what happen but a WAR without their relic GA should never parse in par with Drk with relic. Just that simple. Talking about job balance. Now Ridill War actually parse only slightly better than a well equiped drk and will get blown away by Apoc Drk. Only make sense this way.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

When a skilled, well-geared ridill WAR or BB MNK can keep up with an equally skilled, well-geared sash SAM, then I'll consider them having made dual wield even with 2handing.

Sagacious Sundi

Revert DEX, change it to .75 for 2H, change it to .75 for both, reverse it for 1H/2H, make .75 for 1H and 1.00 for dual wield, whatever.
    Then everything will be more or less perfect.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Khamsin
    When a skilled, well-geared ridill WAR or BB MNK can keep up with an equally skilled, well-geared sash SAM, then I'll consider them having made dual wield even with 2handing.
    Right on. Cuz as of now Ridill War can still parse in par with a good SAM or Drk.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Adrianne Lehmen
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

The dex = acc thing definately needs to go.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast