Item Search

BG-Wiki Search

View Poll Results: Will SE fix the Two-Handed Weapon enhancements?

Voters
844. You may not vote on this poll
  • No. This is what they needed to match Ridills and BBs.

214 25.36%
  • No. A lot of this seems unfair right now, but maybe this was really planned.

129 15.28%
  • I'm a mage, I don't really give a shit.

134 15.88%
  • Yes. I don't see a major problem here, but they'll probably do something to make WS damage less dramatic.

80 9.48%
  • Yes. The WS adjustment and STR to Att conversion should have been enough. The pDIF and DEX:acc changes are far too much.

287 34.00%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 25 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Will They Fix It?     submit to reddit submit to twitter

A. Body
    BG Level

Will They Fix It?

Whether you think it needs to be done or not. Whether you think it's broken or not. Will the 2H 'adjustment' be balanceded out to something a bit less dramatic?

Yea, kinda stupid and it's another topic on the same shit, but I was curious/bored.
    Move to nub if you want.

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Re: Will They Fix It?

The poll tables look kind of broken.

Anyway I think they will change something. I'm hoping for the first option because that is way too much.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I really think they'll adjust the accuracy thing when the introduce the pit, it's obvious they didn't think that through and test it enough, it's just far too much. Or at least I hope they do, I'm more than aggrivated at my NIN which I worked so hard on getting beaten out by Onimaru's and Ruby Rings.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Seeing people sell back DEX rings enmasse for Acc ones again would be rather entertaining.

I went with option #1. 2hers didn't have an Accuracy disadvantage, so boosting it so much doesn't really make that much sense.

I wonder if there would be this much of an issue if they updated one handers as well.

Anyways, personally I think it'd be nice to give this update to 1 handers as well. I don't think it is -broken- in the sense that it revolutionizes the way the game is played. We're not going to be seeing armys of WAR and DRK RR/Guillo HNM to death, because the same TP Gain / usage rules apply to those mobs. I've personally always thought it was lame that your buffed up, fully merited xyz melee job when pitted up against a HNM did craptastic damage. Should the mob get hit twice and fall over like Lindsay Lohan in relapse? No. But I do think that melee should be able to do bigger WS for more damage.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

They'll fix it after everyone has levelled SAM to 75 and alliances of SAMs are wtfpwning every mob in the game in under 5 mins.

I dunno. It really does seem over-powered atm, especially the 1dex = 1 acc. Someone was joking (or maybe they weren't...) in DA last night about who the fuck needs BLMs on Faf any more.

New Merits
    BG Level

I think people fail to realize is that all these One Handed users can fall back on a Two Handed weapon for HNM.

WARs - Can change from dual wield to GAxe/GSword
    MNKs - Can start using Staffs for high damage WS on HNM
    NINs - They usually go /DRK anyways to tank.
    BST - Can start using Scythe more.

I don't really see what the big complaint is. Pretty much every job has same opportunity to be on par with each other when it comes to HNM.

What about THF? Just there for TH?

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Ddong
    I think people fail to realize is that all these One Handed users can fall back on a Two Handed weapon for HNM.

I don't really see what the big complaint is. Pretty much every job has same opportunity to be on par with each other when it comes to HNM.
    BST are going to trade in their A- weapon, for a B- weapon with poor WS choices and that is balanced to you?

What about RNG? Swap in for Shadowbind?

Or THF? Back to the days of "in at the last minute for TH"?

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I think SE was insulted that nobody liked their Hydra gear, so they said... pfft, we will get those SAMs in the breath cone!

Ridill
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by LD
    Whether you think it needs to be done or not. Whether you think it's broken or not. Will the 2H 'adjustment' be balanceded out to something a bit less dramatic?

Yea, kinda stupid and it's another topic on the same shit, but I was curious/bored.
    Move to nub if you want.
    These answers aren't very objective... let alone the title.

If you want legitimate polling of what people actually think is going to happen, the question should be more like "Will they reverse the changes" and the answers should be very simple along the lines of:
    "yes, a lot"
    "yes, but only a little"
    "no, it will stay the same"

New Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Sasarai

BST are going to trade in their A- weapon, for a B- weapon with poor WS choices and that is balanced to you?

For HNM BST can use Scythe weaponskill called Spiral Hell. Axe is still good for EXP (rampage).

RNG has always done massive burst damage, I don't understand point of bringing this job up here?

THF has always done good damage with /WAR.

Maybe majority of people just play with sucky players and don't really know the potential of each job.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tieffy Wieffy
    FFXIV Server
    Gungnir
    FFXI Server
    Odin

I predict the the dex/acc thing will be nerfed, that is just too retarded lol.

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I hope they wont change it.

A. Body
    BG Level

Yes, MNK, NIN, & BST should abandon their A rank weapons for the lower ranked, yet still more powerful alternatives. Hmm. What does that remind me of? What What What?

Do you people even listen to yourselves or did you suddenly forget what made you bitch for a 2H upgrade in the first place?

Hint: It has to do with Dual Weild.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

For HNM BST can use Scythe weaponskill called Spiral Hell. Axe is still good for EXP (rampage).
    This isn't about being "good", asspuppet, its about being able to compete with the others. BST Scythe on HNMs, I'm hoping was a funny.

RNG has always done massive burst damage, I don't understand point of bringing this job up here?
    Now not nearly as much as SAM? Or DRK? Or the other 2hand DD jobs that now do consistantly better DoT AND burst damage?

2k Sidewinder on Fafnir screenshots please.

terraflarex

I have a feeling that this patch will probably be changed a little at some point, the DMG 2 Handed Weapons are capable of now is just .... wow. It's about time they addressed the issue, honestly, but I think it will probably be changed so that 2handers do slightly less than they are now. This patch kind of reminds me of the way ranger used to be way back and you could just pump out stupid damage sidewinders/slugs in any semi decent gear to any mob. They then made archery/marksmanship under-powered , then they patched it again to a fair level of strength. There's a decent possibility that they will do the same with 2 Handed-Weapons (obviously not in that particular order^^).

House Azazael
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I really hope they leave it. Let the RNG's and THF's sit out for a change. Lord forbid we let other jobs shine for awhile.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Sasarai

THF has always done good damage with /WAR.

Maybe majority of people just play with sucky players and don't really know the potential of each job.
    Yeah because staff monks are loaded with potential.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by AzazaelFenrir
    I really hope they leave it. Let the RNG's and THF's sit out for a change. Lord forbid we let other jobs shine for awhile.
    When have THF not sat out?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 25 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast