+ Reply to Thread

Thread: UPS Shipping?     submit to reddit submit to twitter

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

UPS Shipping?

over the last couple years i've ordered quite a few things from newegg, and as you may or may not know, they primarily ship via UPS (they allow you to choose FedEx if you wish, however)

up until recently, there were many instances where I would actually get a package a day earlier than the original scheduled date, but the last 5-6 items I've had shipped via UPS have all been held at the shipping depot that's nearest to my home address (basically, the item will continue through transit until reaching the final shipping depot before being put on a truck) until right before they were scheduled to be delivered

has UPS changed their policy on scheduled deliveries, and as such will no longer deliver items earlier than scheduled? does anyone here work for UPS or know about this?

my q6600 is just sitting in a warehouse and has been for the last 2 days

Re: UPS Shipping?

I work at UPS :D

What kind of shipping did you get? I thought newegg usually did 3-day shipping where you get your shit in three days (duh). If you did standard shipping (ground) it's the cheapest method therefor you have to wait behind other ones, 3-day, 2nd day, next day, blah blah. When does UPS say you'll get it?

I don't think they'd do that, since it really wouldn't make much sense. But what I imagine might have happend is that there aren't enough packages that need to be delivered in your area, so they're holding it until they do have enough, and as long as it gets there within the expected arrival dates they're fine.

If it's not that then I have no idea

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

They're not going to deliver it early unless they have a lot of packages going to your area, in which they'll just include you in and give it to you a few days early.

I don't think they'll go over the delivery date they set the tracking number to though.

The Optimistic Asshole
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

I don't think there was a policy change. I run the shipping and logistics division of a company, and will ship smaller packages UPS if it's cheaper than putting on one of our trucks. I track all my small packages and they still arrive early on occasion. Last instance of this was yesterday. So I doubt there was a policy change.

My company ships everything through UPS and i've only had one issue where something was held up and that was because it was mis-sorted in Tallahassee before it ever even left town. Took an extra 3-4 day's to get out to vegas. Other than that stuff from FL > CA usually never takes more than 5 day's and that's across the whole country.

I live about 90mins away from Newegg's warehouse so my stuff comes in 1 day without fail :D .

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Exoduso
    They're not going to deliver it early unless they have a lot of packages going to your area, in which they'll just include you in and give it to you a few days early.

I don't think they'll go over the delivery date they set the tracking number to though.
    this makes sense, thanks for your input

it's just that i have received so many packages from newegg (UPS 3-day) in 2 days time, that the last 5-6 times i've ordered i've never gotten a single delivery early, and i guess i grew accustomed to getting my shit a day early ;( lol