Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

New NPC's mentioning the past (WotG stories/clues/info)

X-posted on KI;
    http://www.killingifrit.com/forums.php? ... 77#3322977

New NM thread on KI;
    http://www.killingifrit.com/forums.php? ... 51#3319951

Kayeel-Payeel (G-7), next to the home point crystal

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b1...829165854a.jpg

Text:

KP: Harrumph! The Federation has gone rotten, I tell you. Rotten! Who would have thought the day would come when people would forget the name Kayeel-Payeel, Master Caster of the Aquarian War Warlocks!

KP: If Warlock Warlord Roberl-Akbel were only alive today, heads would roll!

KP: How long do the five ministries and the Parliament of Patriarchs plan on keeping his position empty? How long must Fort Karugo-Narugo remain in ruins?

Angry Bull (H-11), by the zone line to Bastok Mines

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b1...830004638a.jpg

Text:

AB: I remember 20 years ago when I was in charge of protecting Galkan Bridge from the beastmen.

AB: For a large part of the Crystal War, we had her blocked off on both sides. The government said it was to keep enemy spies from infiltrating Bastok's central areas. However, there were rumors that it was to prevent Galka from coming over on this side of the river and rioting.

AB: It would be a lie if I told you it wasn't hard for me, a Galka, to work against my brothers like that.

AB: I still have nightmares about the times I had to force back groups of refugees trying to escape the flames that engulfed their homes in the mines district.

AB: And now I'm back here here patrolling the bridge as I did so long ago. Perhaps destiny has a tighter grip on us than I thought...

Esmallegue (I-11), by the chocobo stables

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b1...830020325a.jpg

Text:

E: Greetings adventurer. San d'Oria is grateful for your services. I am Royal Squire Esmallegue.

E: Grand Knight Depardal has left his post as sentry in the Outlands. For now he has been enlisted as a member of the Praetorian Guard.

E: As I'm sure you are already aware, San d'Oria's military is divided into two branches, the Royal Knights and the Temple Knights.

E: In times of peace, we Royal Knights are charged with the defense of the nation, while the Temple Knights are responsible for maintaining the public order. However, in times of war the Temple Knights are given the role of supervising our ranks.

E: Unfortunately, this is a source of some conflict. Despite being united under one kingdom, there is a strong sense of rivalry between the two armies. It has been said that during the Great War there were many areas of contention between us.

Zahsa Syalmhaia (H-11), across from the fountain

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b1...830204703a.jpg

Text:

ZS: I am Zahsa Syalmhaia. captain of the mercenaries in charge of defending East Sarutabaruta.

ZS: And now, a question for you, adventurer--might you know the reason why Windurst's Mithran population is concentrated in the Woods district?

ZS: Hmph! Then I shall enlighted you.
    The area was given to us as a reward for our exceptional performance during the Great War!

Helga (I-8), top floor next to the big wheel

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b1...830215411a.jpg
    Great Sword
    Gauntlets

Text:

H: Greetings, adventurer. I am Gold Musketeer first captain, Helga. Would you like like me to give you a simple briefing on the Republican Military?

Code:
    Listen in?
    Yes <=
    No
    H: The Republican military is comprised of two groups: the Republican Legion and the Musketeers.

H: The legionary forces are formed from volunteers and draftees, and are dived into four different organizations. It is these organizations that handle the responsibility of defending our nation from invasion.

H: The musketeers are an elite group of officers hand-selected from legion ranks. As with the legion, this group is divided into several smaller unita.

H: Of those units, the two most prominent would be the Iron Musketeers, who answer directly to the Department of Industry, and the Gold Musketeers, who take their orders from the Department of Mining.

Alternate:

Code:
    Listen in?
    Yes
    No <=
    H: Ah, I suppose you are already an expert on the subject. My apologies.

note; the "like like" in the first text block is typo'ed in the game text

Atelloune (L-6), next to the fountain

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b1...830220538a.jpg

Text:

A: Hey! You there! Adventurer! Have you ever happened to see a sand worm? You know, gigantic worm, semented body, lives in the sand?

A: Well...hmm... Oh! The how about a ladybug? They're distinctive little pests with bright red, semicircular bodies, three distinctive black spots and...

A: I apologize, I've gone and totally forgotten my manners! You must excuse me.
    It's a pleasure to make your acquaintance. I'm Atelloune, assistant to renowned biologist Professor Clauvert B Chanoix.

A: To help with the professor's research, I'm searching for all kinds of specimens from Quon and Mindartia whose numbers have been dwindling in recent years.

A: I just thought that an adventurer such as yourself had surely seen some rare creatures on your travels...but never mind. I'm sorry for disturbing you.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Re: New Windurst Waters NPC?

I heard there's a new expansion coming out

Banned.

BG Level

If Warlock Warlord
    lol wut? Retcon...?

Ajido-Marujido is the Warlock Warlord.

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Where do they say that? >.> I haven't done Windurst missions but I thought Ajido was just a minister?

Banned.

BG Level

Up until now it made it apparent the Minister of Orastery was the Warlock Warlord, especially in Shantotto's case. I'm not entirely sure if they say it full on, but deep in my memory I remember Ajido referring to himself as the Warlock Warlord and called that by others. I can't be 100% certain... it's been years.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Was it a single person position? Could be multiple Taru's have reached that rank.

Banned.

BG Level

Ah, you are right!

The Federation Forces of Windurst are led by a Warlock Warlord, chosen once a year from the Parliament of Patriarchs, and consist of twelve brigades of War Warlocks and four brigades of Mithra Mercenaries.

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

I have a feeling the new elvaan girl in errant (the one who did the vanadiel tribune articles on monsters!) has to do with the epxansion too, since she talks about wanting to know if you've seen any specimens that have been recently 'dwindling'. Sounds kinda like another In the Name of Science quest haha

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

i found a brand new npc outside the sandy choco stables as well, he was a knight talking about the temple knights and royal knights

It's pre-expansion content like the Salaheem Sentinels recruiter NPCs before TAU's release. In addition to these NPCs, there are also Dynamis-skinned beastmen in the 3 strongholds and 3 outposts that wander in and out of existence every couple hours. Very creepy.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Rocl
    I have a feeling the new elvaan girl in errant (the one who did the vanadiel tribune articles on monsters!) has to do with the epxansion too, since she talks about wanting to know if you've seen any specimens that have been recently 'dwindling'. Sounds kinda like another In the Name of Science quest haha
    She might also be involved in explaining how the pit works.

But the "dwindling" thing does sound like what they were talking about for the expansion...

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Aylin Celesse
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir
    WoW Realm
    Hellscream

Re: New NPC's mentioning the past (WotG stories/clues/info)

Grand Knight Depardal has left his post as sentry in the Outlands.
    http://www.allakhazam.com/shared/smilies/dubious.gif

Ranger
    9900klub

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sonomaa Kihten
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Durotan
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Almalexia
    In addition to these NPCs, there are also Dynamis-skinned beastmen in the 3 strongholds and 3 outposts that wander in and out of existence every couple hours. Very creepy.
    pics or infos, I want to see these

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Sonomaa
    In addition to these NPCs, there are also Dynamis-skinned beastmen in the 3 strongholds and 3 outposts that wander in and out of existence every couple hours. Very creepy.
    I'd like to see that as well... would go look myself but a <pos> to go off would be nice. They did do a short maintenance on all 6 beastmen strongholds, so it would make sense if they added cool expansion stuff.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by theo
    I'd like to see that as well... would go look myself but a <pos> to go off would be nice. They did do a short maintenance on all 6 beastmen strongholds, so it would make sense if they added cool expansion stuff.
    I am wondering if they are still there or if the patch removed them until whatever moogle event begins.

Banned.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Bardlet
    Allakhazam smilies?

The Outlands are Elshimo island and Kuzotz islands. (Maybe Vollbow region... but doubt it).

Sounds kinda like another In the Name of Science quest haha
    NPC: The rare Baskilisk is a dying breed. I fear for a day where we will no longer see them roam our wor-.
    PC: BASKILISK? I LOVE KILLING BASKILISK! HERE, LET ME PULL ONE OF THEIR HEARTS I SNATCHED EARLIER.

Sagacious Sundi

Quote Originally Posted by BRP
    Allakhazam smilies?

The Outlands are Elshimo island and Kuzotz islands. (Maybe Vollbow region... but doubt it).
    I had assumed the Outlands also includes anything not part of the continents (or anything considered a "Mainland"), so Arrapago Islands, Halvung, Qufim, post-war Tavnazia would also be considered Outlands. Wouldn't make sense why quests in the regions I mentioned are under "Other Areas" though.

Black Belt
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by theo
    It's really creepy, I think I saw a vanguard yagudo in ToAU mission CS too...

Banned.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Sagacious Sundi
    Quote Originally Posted by BRP
    Allakhazam smilies?

I had assumed the Outlands also includes anything not part of the continents (or anything considered a "Mainland"), so Arrapago Islands, Halvung, Qufim, post-war Tavnazia would also be considered Outlands. Wouldn't make sense why quests in the regions I mentioned are under "Other Areas" though.
    You are partially right, but Kuzotz and Elshimo are apart of the Middle Lands and the requirement is pretty much not apart of the two big continents but still the Middle Lands. And I don't think small islands like Qufim count.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=22791
    http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/Warder_Partisan

Not a whole lot out there yet since they appear and vanish so fast and don't seem to drop anything. No idea what maint on those areas did.