Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Nyzul Weapons     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Nyzul Weapons

Um.... a linkshell member of mine just went 3/3 on Usukane Legs last night, and when I went to see his new piece to be picked up from Ghanraam, he told me this.

Have I just never seen this before, or am I dreaming the beautiful dream that is ONE POSITIVE THING from this update?

http://img337.imageshack.us/img337/5...weaponszn3.jpg

Sagacious Sundi

Re: Salvage Weapons

You can store Nyzul weapons at him now. Probably means they'll be upgradable eventually.

PHfffft..

That blows.

I got really excited.

Well, back to writing my 5 complaint letters a day to POL about the MNK nerf... /sigh

Quote Originally Posted by Marinka
    PHfffft..

That blows.

I got really excited.

Well, back to writing my 5 complaint letters a day to POL about the MNK nerf... /sigh
    MNK didn't get nerfed.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

I wonder if the upgrade will be Salvage style. Nyzul weapon (lv15), the store+10tp weapon rarely dropped somewhere..maybe assault(lv35) and something that will drop eventually next update (lv25)

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by Kaylia
    I wonder if the upgrade will be Salvage style. Nyzul weapon (lv15), the store+10tp weapon rarely dropped somewhere..maybe assault(lv35) and something that will drop eventually next update (lv25)
    Aren't the ones out right now already Lv 75?

Yes, they are.

They're crafted:

Halo Claymore
    Smithing (journeyman)
    Ensorcellment
    Fire crystal
    1 x Lambent fire cell
    1 x Lambent wind cell
    1 x Mythril Claymore

Regiment Kheten
    Smithing (Novice???)
    Ensorcellment
    Fire crystal
    1 x Lambent fire cell
    1 x Lambent wind cell
    1 x Kheten

Navy Axe
    Smithing (journeyman)
    Ensorcellment
    Fire crystal
    1 x Lambent fire cell
    1 x Lambent wind cell
    1 x Mythril axe

Hanafubuki
    Smithing (craftsman)
    Ensorcellment
    Fire crystal
    1 x Lambent fire cell
    1 x Lambent wind cell
    1 x Sakurafubuki

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Akama

the 10 tp weapons are crafted, at least one of the knives is. (sickle too I think)

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Hapernack
    Aren't the ones out right now already Lv 75?

I meant the equivalent, but I didnt know they were crafted. I was certain they were "r/e". Oh well >_>

They're coming to take me away. Ha Ha!
    BG Level

Has anyone tried trading one to the Relic gob?

Oh, and they're Nyzul Weapons, not Salvage. Thus far, Salvage has nothing to do with them.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

theyre crafted, they drop in nyzul..where are these weapons? noone has got any or seen them drop, confused about this

Quote Originally Posted by Ruin
    theyre crafted, they drop in nyzul..where are these weapons? noone has got any or seen them drop, confused about this
    there is a suite of weapons, each exclusive to 1 job, and all are fairly lackluster iirc. an example is:
    http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/Swordbreaker
    meanwhile, a set of craftable, low level, weapons were added that are made with some of the IS cells. these weapons will add 10 TP when they are used. an example is:
    http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/Halo_Claymore
    i hope this clears things up.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

the nyzul weapons only drop off floor 100 boss?

Sagacious Sundi

Quote Originally Posted by Ruin
    the nyzul weapons only drop off floor 100 boss?
    Yes

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I /sigh when I think of the Nyzul weapons, unless you can upgrade Killer Bow into an Archery weapon lol

Perhaps when a Nyzul weapon is worn at the same time as the Glory Crown, they will have the combined effect of 2 useless pieces of equipment?

I'm surprised that this idea hasn't been brought up about Nyzul Weapons yet: I think the addition of storing it with the Salvage NPC is a good indication that the hidden effect is not available unless you have a completed Salvage armor set worn with it. And since no one has been able to complete a full set, it would explain why no one has been able to figure out what these weapons actually do.

S-E said two updates ago that they were sure that people would start seeing their value, probably assuming we'd have solved the mystery of Zhayolm Remnants NMs by now. It just makes too much sense if they are storing the weapons with the Salvage armor in progress that they go with.

As for the hidden effects themselves, I have two guesses - either they are going to be based on their name and thus different for each weapon (eg. Quicksilver would have Rapid Shot enhancement or Dancing Dagger adds Triple Attack), or they are going to enhance the "Set" bonus of the Salvage armor (increased Double Attack rate or whatever the case may be). We probably won't see any increase in DMG or improved Delay for the most part though.

Sagacious Sundi

Quote Originally Posted by astrael
    I'm surprised that this idea hasn't been brought up about Nyzul Weapons yet: I think the addition of storing it with the Salvage NPC is a good indication that the hidden effect is not available unless you have a completed Salvage armor set worn with it. And since no one has been able to complete a full set, it would explain why no one has been able to figure out what these weapons actually do.

S-E said two updates ago that they were sure that people would start seeing their value, probably assuming we'd have solved the mystery of Zhayolm Remnants NMs by now. It just makes too much sense if they are storing the weapons with the Salvage armor in progress that they go with.

As for the hidden effects themselves, I have two guesses - either they are going to be based on their name and thus different for each weapon (eg. Quicksilver would have Rapid Shot enhancement or Dancing Dagger adds Triple Attack), or they are going to enhance the "Set" bonus of the Salvage armor (increased Double Attack rate or whatever the case may be). We probably won't see any increase in DMG or improved Delay for the most part though.
    That actually makes a lot of sense. If that's not the case, though, then I'm going to guess in the near future it will be upgraded like:

Upgrade 1: "It's all worn out blah blah blah. Get normal materials." (Need to also trade Imperial "platinum pieces", which would drop from all Besieged-related NMs and both tiers of the "Empire's Most Wanted")
    Effect: It's DMG/Delay is altered, STR/Acc/maybe skill for the weapon/etc.; nothing too flashy. (Need to also trade "Ephramadian coins", which would come from FL assaults and new high-level ISNMs.)
    Upgrade 2: "It seems to have lost all of its "shine" throughout the ages. Get <something from Salvage>"
    Effect: Better stats and unique stuff...BUT. Unique stuff only under certain pathos: Ares job weapons: Encumberment, Skadi jobs: Impairment, Usukane jobs: Debilitation, Marduk jobs: Obliviscence, Morrigan jobs: Omerta
    Upgrade 3: "It seems that the weapon has become too divine for you to handle. Obtain something from hell in order to balance it out." (You'd need to trade something from ampoules and something dropped in wing3/valgrind)
    Effect: Better stats, unique stuff is better and can be used anywhere.

Yes, I was very bored.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Re: Nyzul Weapons

I have not a single spare display case remaining, I'm afraid. My collection of legendary weapons is perfect and complete!
    I must say, the daily care of these artifacts is quite demanding...though I do love it so!
    Found that in the .dats after the update. So obviously all you have to do is collect every single nyzul weapon! Seriously though, I think that they will probably not be anything special until the next update. For now they can take their place in the parade of useless crap along with Ebon Panels, Black Triple Stars, Glory Crown, Nidhogg Scales, Engraved Tablets, and 0.0 zone lights.