+ Reply to Thread
    Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

So if there's any Pro-wrestling fans out there...

WWE got shot in the foot today apparently.

- The WWE was rocked again today, after several of wrestling's top names emerged in the Albany district attorney's probe into a widespread Internet doping scandal.

The wrestling congomerate based in Stamford announced that it will suspend 10 of its biggest stars for violation of its wellness policy.

Top wrestlers Randy Orton, Charles Haas, Jr., Adam "Edge" Copeland, Robert "Booker T" Huffman, Shane Helms, Mike Bucci, Anthony Carelli, John "Johnny Nitro" Hennigan, Darren "William Regal" Matthews, Ken "Mr. Kennedy" Anderson and Chavo Guerrero were all identified as clients of Signature Pharmacy in Orlando, the site raided by Albany County and Florida law enforcement agencies in February for distributing steroids and other prescription drugs to clients who had not been examined by doctors. The investigation is part of a probe into illegal Internet drug distribution by Albany D.A. David Soares.

The WWE said in a statement that it issued suspension notices based on independent information received from the Albany D.A.

The WWE's announcement comes as members of Congress prepare to investigate steroid use in professional wrestling, as the Daily News reported today.

Two of its recently deceased stars - Chris Benoit and Eddie Guerrero - also received steroids and other drugs from Signature, as prescribed by Florida physician Gary Brandwein, who has pleaded not guilty to criminal sale of a controlled substance and criminal diversion of prescription drugs. Benoit murdered his wife and son before killing himself in June and Guerrero died in a Minneapolis hotel in 2005 from heart disease.

Guerrero received the steroids testosterone and nandrolone, along with the estrogen-blocker anastozole, a drug commonly taken by men on steroids to prevent developing breast tissue, Nov. 2, 2005, just 11 days before he died of heart disease.

Guerrero's nephew, Chavo Guerrero, found Guerrero unconscious in the hotel room.

Benoit received steroids from Signature, based on a Brandwein prescription, in February, 2006.

The WWE stars are among the first athletes to face discipline for their part in the nationwide Signature Pharmacy scandal, the Internet steroid ring that has already led to guilty pleas from nine doctors, anti-aging clinic owners and operators. Law enforcement sources have said they expect the names of numerous NFL and Major League Baseball athletes to emerge as well.
    From the NY Daily News.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Re: So if there's any Pro-wrestling fans out there...

Given the injuries that many of the named wrestlers have suffered throughout their careers, coupled with the need to be healthy in order to be in the main event and making the big money, none of those names really surprise me. To me, Carelli is the only surprise on that list. :\ Tragic, but that's the nature of the business.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

WWE's drug testing policy is sure working great.

I'm not safe on my island
    Nikkei will still get me.

BG Level

I know i'm going to get alot of flack for this, but...

Fuck "pro-wrestling", there i sead it. UFC all the mother fucking way. That is, until it starts getting staged. Which shouldn't take long now.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

If only baseball endured such rigorous screening for their athletes.

Or cycling (as current events would have it).

Little Mother
    BG Level

A lot of people, me and my friends included, don't watch wrestling for "omg awesome fights, it's so real." We just think its funny to watch people jump off 15 foot ladders onto each other through tables and shit.

Let's just say I'm not surprised about some of this steroid use.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverBreeze
    A lot of people, me and my friends included, don't watch wrestling for "omg awesome fights, it's so real." We just think its funny to watch people jump off 15 foot ladders onto each other through tables and shit.

Let's just say I'm not surprised about some of this steroid use.
    SB uses steroids IRL.

I'm not surprised about any of this either, not affecting anything really. Not like the script is going to change mid fight, rite?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

lolroids.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Quote Originally Posted by Kuya
    I know i'm going to get alot of flack for this, but...

Fuck "pro-wrestling", there i sead it. UFC all the mother fucking way. That is, until it starts getting staged. Which shouldn't take long now.
    this man speaks truth 8)

"Pro-wrestling" is soap operas for boys.

Love-God among men.
    BG Level

Good riddance. Wrestling is......ugh there isn't a pejorative enough adjective.

Demosthenes11

William Regal LOL

Totally stopped watching wrestling like 5 years ago