BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Re: Blue Dragon

Okay well after beating it... there's basically no story until the last town you visit in CD1, then it slightly picks up... CD2 seems random at first but makes more sense later when they bring up the areas you visited while confronting Nene.

CD3 is basically just the final dungeon/world/area/whatever, but it was pretty fun.

Oh, and the boss music with Destroy was sure worth playing through the entire game for. I guess Uematsu still got it.

Overall it was an OKAY experience... nothing spectacular, but definitely worth playing.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

What makes the story in the game so crappy is the anime is like a alternate universe for it...

Example:

Shu and Jiro in the game are friends, enjoy working together, and both live in talta village along w/ Kluke.

Shu and Jiro in episode 1 hate each other and Jiro was actually traveling w/ Zola and no affiliation w/ shu or kluke

Also while Zola shows up somewhere in the middile of CD 1 she is introduced at the VERY begining of Episode 1!

Also, after futher investigation i found out that Marumaro is actually a perv of sorts >.> when he literally slaps Kluke in the ass resulting in a panty shot -_-

And to top that the anime has characters that show up that never make any appearence in the game.

This long winded ramble point to one thing imo....

The anime story is better than the game's hands down.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Meh @ anime... .hack//roots had some stuff like that too, where in one scene you see Haseo (main dude) fighting Tri-Edge (bad dude) with someone watching, while in the game there's no one there... they like messing around with it to keep it interesting I guess...

All in all I thought it was just okay... I tend to not be so harsh with RPGs for the most part though as I try to find the good parts in them that I enjoyed, and Blue Dragon sort of had it here and there. Sure, it isn't a Final Fantasy-killer of any sorts, but it's still a decent jRPG (plus the fighting/class system got to be pretty fun later on in the game..)