FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Re: Job Profiles - Black Mage

Awesome :O

Sagacious Sundi

Yay, we get these quicker than the beastman ones it seems. (4 in 3 days so far, right?)

On another note, Black Mages have recently come to acquire some skill with the Scythe, but accounts vary as to whether the Professor had anything to do with this…
    This makes me wonder if there's any continuity-related things regarding changes in updates. (Such as a nerf.)

Banned.

BG Level

Hmmm, now I'd really like to hear more about the tree, this is something I had no idea about. I always figured it came from Kuluu times.

Sagacious Sundi

Quote Originally Posted by BRP
    Hmmm, now I'd really like to hear more about the tree, this is something I had no idea about. I always figured it came from Kuluu times.
    Just curious, was Heaven's Tower (the actual building) made by Taru or Kuluu?

I originally presumed Kuluu, but I vaguely remember when of the books in the sixth ministry mentions that Horutoto is made up of 5 (or was it 4?) towers surrounding a center a tower, which I interpreted as that there were originally 6 structures, and the Tarus built HTower. (If it was 4+1 center it would make no sense.)

EDIT:
    gods then gifted the TaruTaru with a seed, which when raised, became a beacon of hope and source of magical power that flowed across the land.
    The origin of magic for humans, beastmen, and other non-Zilart/Kuluu, I'm guessing?

Banned.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Sagacious Sundi
    Just curious, was Heaven's Tower (the actual building) made by Taru or Kuluu?

I originally presumed Kuluu, but I vaguely remember when of the books in the sixth ministry mentions that Horutoto is made up of 5 (or was it 4?) towers surrounding a center a tower, which I interpreted as that there were originally 6 structures, and the Tarus built HTower. (If it was 4+1 center it would make no sense.)
    Kuluu that's for sure.

According to the Widurst time line, Star Sybil Shanriri ordered the construction of Heaven's Tower in the year 301 so they could survey the heavens. It was completed in 328, partially destroyed by the Great Star Tree in 360, and subsequently built into it as we see it today.

Banned.

BG Level

Good stuff :D

Banned.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Elmer the Pointy
    According to the Widurst time line, Star Sybil Shanriri ordered the construction of Heaven's Tower in the year 301 so they could survey the heavens. It was completed in 328, partially destroyed by the Great Star Tree in 360, and subsequently built into it as we see it today.

err, now this is even more confusing. I suppose it's not an ancient magic tower after all?

EDIT: Also, have this thread contain a fire icon to match WHM!

I'm still with Shantotto!

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I wish they would of used a different picture.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

After reading this, I clicked the Shantotto link presented, and noticed something of interest.

"To make sure I did not end up like one of those pansy white or barbarian red mages. . ."

It's interesting to see what certain job classes think of each other, and how they perceive them universally in the storyline. For example, the BLU and COR relationship. For this it seems that BLM has a general disrespect towards WHM and disgust towards RDM.

Banned.

BG Level

For this it seems that BLM has a general disrespect towards WHM and disgust towards RDM.
    I wouldn't uh...

Shantotto has a general disrespect towards anyone not herself and the Star Sybil.

Quote Originally Posted by Elmer the Pointy
    err, now this is even more confusing. I suppose it's not an ancient magic tower after all?
    Although it was built in the Common Era, it is still almost 600 years old, which could sort of qualify as ancient. The TaruTaru as a race had only appeared on Mindartia 100 years prior.

Banned.

BG Level

[quote=Elmer the Pointy]
    Quote Originally Posted by "Elmer the Pointy":60631
    Although it was built in the Common Era, it is still almost 600 years old, which could sort of qualify as ancient. The TaruTaru as a race had only appeared on Mindartia 100 years prior.[/quote:60631]

yeah, but the towers around it are like 10-12x older ;/. Well, only makes me angrier that this info is pretty hidden from within game. I've seen nothing to contradict the idea that it is one of the kuluu's towers, hell, until now I thought it was just a given. Well, at least it ought to make some interesting learning.

Sagacious Sundi

in the year 360, the tree suddenly shot up tremendously in growth, destroying parts of the tower. I do not see any particular cause for this event either.
    Anyone else think this might have something to do with Fenrir and/or the FMF? Maybe he was dormant from 0-360, and then woke up.

However, it is “The Martial Mages Mortal Mashfest,” a group of club and staff wielding mages forbidden to use magic, who are truly ferocious, often times being the catalyst for conflicts with other nations. They rival even the Knights of Sand’Oria with their love of battle…

(The Martial Mages Mortal Mashfest is a group headed by Shantotto during her time at the Orastery. In order to temper her mages, she forbid the use of magic and forced them to do battle in close combat with the use of blunt weapons.)
    :D I'm inspired to go level my staff skill now!

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

In CoP I know that there is a CS when the Kuluu are in Saru and you can see the tower's in the back while they are talking to Fenrir.

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Quote Originally Posted by Cameron
    In CoP I know that there is a CS when the Kuluu are in Saru and you can see the tower's in the back while they are talking to Fenrir.
    Yes, but that takes place in what is obviously the Sarutabaruta, which would make those towers the Horutoto Ruins. The issue being discussed was whether or not Heaven's Tower was built by the Kuluu (since it looks similar to the Horutoto Ruins from the outside), but as far as we know it isn't. I would say the tarutaru copied the architecture of Horutoto for Heaven's Tower maybe