BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Job Profiles - Red Mage     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Job Profiles - Red Mage

Banned.

BG Level

Re: Job Profiles - Red Mage

God I love the job pictures, hmmm, gives me an idea!

EDIT: The Bastok Blight has been mentioned in recent times. They didn't make much of it, but the Alchemist's Guild in Al Zahbi is responsible for curing it or something... and I think it came from a chigoe originally or something? My details are mixed up.

EDIT 2:

It began with a simple traveler from another country.
    kukuku, I wonder what country that would be!

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level

There's a lot of reference to fencing. Maybe RDMs are meant to...uhh... melee?

*runs away*

Champion of the House of Weave
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Elmer the Pointy
    The Great Bastokan Blight was a plague that killed off a great number of Hume between the years 711-716.

http://www.cactusleaftl.com/ffxipics...RDMbblight.jpg

It began with a simple traveler from another country. The traveler was drinking some Pebble Soup at the inn, when suddenly they collapsed and died. There were visible blotches on the traveler’s skin, but at the time no one took notice. In the following weeks, the innkeeper and other staff began dying off, and soon after the death toll skyrocketed. The government frantically assembled White Mages and distributed the limited amounts of medicine and holy water, but the plague raged for years.

In the year 716, a cure was finally discovered, and the contagion was eliminated completely by the year 720. Since the plague had only affected Hume, wild rumors flew about whether it was a Galkan plot, a biological weapon the Goblins made, or pollution the Quadav unleashed in the mines. The evil that caused this horrific event may never be known.

(Further details indicate the cure was discovered in the year 716 by an alchemist dispatched from the Empire of Aht Urghan. Also, the cause was said to have derived from Chigoe.)
    I thought this part was particularly interesting.

In case I'm missing the obvious, is the person/country that this came from known?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Tomiko
    Quote Originally Posted by Elmer the Pointy

(Further details indicate the cure was discovered in the year 716 by an alchemist dispatched from the Empire of Aht Urghan. Also, the cause was said to have derived from Chigoe.)
    I thought this part was particularly interesting.

In case I'm missing the obvious, is the person/country that this came from known?
    Yea you're missing the obvioius

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

For these history notes that were written in 2005, I find it awesome that they had Aht Urghan plotlines in so early. 8)

I like the idea that my feather could be from Roc. Where does my Duelist's Chapeau feather come from?! :wink:

Quote Originally Posted by Magewrath
    I like the idea that my feather could be from Roc. Where does my Duelist's Chapeau feather come from?! :wink:
    That's from a pigeon. A flying rat.

Quote Originally Posted by Shuemue
    That's from a pigeon. A flying rat.

So they steal my chips and I steal their feather? Seems fair.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Wow, white magic, black magic, and sword play. I want to play that job, I seem to be stuck playing a job that only refreshes and hastes. >_>

It is interesting that they talked about fencing so much considering how poor a RDM's melee skills are. Make with the buff already!

BTW Elmer, you said "his students" for Ohruru, but it is a female taru name. (Male tarus always have hyphenated two-word names that rhyme like Iru-Kuiru, female Taru names have the same last to syllables like Shantoto.)

P.S. <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

Quote Originally Posted by Sho
    For these history notes that were written in 2005, I find it awesome that they had Aht Urghan plotlines in so early. 8)
    The book doesn't mention Aht Urghan outright. That came from BRP and the JP wiki. The book states that a skilled alchemist happened upon the cure, without being specific. Which I guess is still interesting how they left it open for the explanation they created in Aht Urghan... plus they had to have been planning something along those line from the beginning.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Nightmare Roc.

Or Simurgh.

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Quote Originally Posted by Septimus
    Wow, white magic, black magic, and sword play. I want to play that job, I seem to be stuck playing a job that only refreshes and hastes. >_>

It is interesting that they talked about fencing so much considering how poor a RDM's melee skills are. Make with the buff already!

BTW Elmer, you said "his students" for Ohruru, but it is a female taru name. (Male tarus always have hyphenated two-word names that rhyme like Iru-Kuiru, female Taru names have the same last to syllables like Shantoto.)

P.S. <3 <3 <3 <3 <3
    Night and day, Septimus, night and day
    (PS: /WHM is the right way!)

Ohruru's philosophy on RDM is my own, enhancing and enfeebling magic! None of this sword tomfoolery and shields and what not.
    (well she mentions swords, and I use mine! Sometimes... I use my nightmare sword... every now and again...)

Thanks for the insight on RDM, Elmer I like the part about the Warlock armor pieces, with each description more or less trying to correspond to the actual in-game armor bonuses.

Sagacious Sundi

I know NPCs don't follow adventurer rules, but is Curilla more of a RDM, PLD, or what? What did she act like in Heroines Combat? (Was that even in any NA event? I think it was.) I think I may have asked this during Vana'diel Madness.

Banned.
    Account locked at request of user.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Fiofio
    Thanks for the insight on RDM, Elmer I like the part about the Warlock armor pieces, with each description more or less trying to correspond to the actual in-game armor bonuses.
    your avatar is huge and I thought you should know

I went with the maximum size given on the user control panel. Let me reduce it a tad

yotevol

Let's talk about the vesitility and gameplay of the mighty RDM!
    Some claim that SCH has eclipsed RDM, I say different.
    RDM still can out debuff the SCH and out melee the SCH.

RDM/NIN - Can dual wield and solo almost all the avatars. Change it up by slowing killing an NM just by DoTs! Go all out defense and tank some of the hardest to kill NMs out there! (i.e. Wyrm, JoL, etc)

RDM/WHM - A curing non-stop monster for meripos!

RDM/BLM - The second best reliable sleeper in the game, next to a BRD!

RDM/PLD - The best damage mitagation in the game. Take it to brenner or whatever and wipe the floor with 2-3 people, AT THE SAME TIME! Your fellow duelers will be perplexed on how to beat you and will only conclude to be the same job!

RDM/BLU - This combo can straight tank Charby. Believe it or not! I didn't, until I saw it first hand!

RDM/RNG - Laugh all you want, but with a good bow, this wanna-be RNG will impress anyone with a decent TP/WS build!

RDM/SCH - I laughed, until I saw how useful it could be.

Whatever the need, a RDM can fill it. It all depends on the skill of the RDM and the gear he puts together. If a RDM chooses to be all of the above, he would be a LOT more than 80 slots to contain all the gear needed.

RDM Power! :D

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Was it really necessary to necrobump this >_>?

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Proudmoore

^ at least I got to see your awesome sig.