Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Resist Sleep effect     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Resist Sleep effect

Im wondering if youre put to sleep, does putting on sleep resist gear lessen the time slept after the fact? Or do you need to have it on when youre actually slept?

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Re: Resist Sleep effect

When slept probably. Resist or not is determined when the spell lands, and the resist also determines duration.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Sacrifice Torque (if a SMN), Berserker's Torque (if engaged), or Opo-opo Neck (if you would like to WS upon waking) are about the only equip changes that would make a difference once sleep has landed...

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

Resist sleep doesn't shorten the time you're slept, it just gives you a chance to outright resist sleep effects. So err, equip before having it land.

You'll know resist sleep procs if you get a "Resist!" in front of the "Soandso resists whatever." message.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I would assume "Resist:" gear effects both chances of resisting it straight forward and lessens the time it takes to wear off on its own. At least it usually works like this on my BRD, Silence wears pretty soon (though carry Echo Drops, we're all human, right~?) and last Bastok a Breakga went off and my PT members had Barstonra + Barpetra and the effect wore pretty quick.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

well, if you play rdm who is sleeper in dynamis often enough. When you sleep those pld mobs, especially in xar. You can notice that the pld's job traits "resist sleep" usually let them wake up earlier.

But I'm believe u need to wear it during the magic cast on you. Maybe some one can test it with paralyze by using equip the SH for -ice resist or something.

Corwens a slot
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Sofo
    I would assume "Resist:" gear effects both chances of resisting it straight forward and lessens the time it takes to wear off on its own. At least it usually works like this on my BRD, Silence wears pretty soon (though carry Echo Drops, we're all human, right~?) and last Bastok a Breakga went off and my PT members had Barstonra + Barpetra and the effect wore pretty quick.
    Makes sense since things like bard songs have a proc rate. Even though they land they may only last 1/2 the time or less than they normally do, but the spells still land regardless.

an easy test. cast ES sleepga on 3 players in diorama. one wears insomnia earring, one is a pld, one is something w/o native resistance to magic or sleep, such as a drk or a rng and does not wear insomnia. see if any wake earlier than others. i think you'll find they do wake earlier.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by evilpaul
    Sacrifice Torque (if a SMN), Berserker's Torque (if engaged), or Opo-opo Neck (if you would like to WS upon waking) are about the only equip changes that would make a difference once sleep has landed...
    I always make sure to swap in any Auto-Refresh gear I'm not already wearing, as well.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Byrd
    Quote Originally Posted by evilpaul
    I always make sure to swap in any Auto-Refresh gear I'm not already wearing, as well.
    Don't forget the Nightmare Gloves!

And add Frenzy Sallet to the list.

An Efficient Consumption Bundle
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elyise Thierremont
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Muradin

I recall during a pre-event TP sleeping with an Opo Necklace and some sleep pots having left my Koenig Handschuhs on, which have an "Increased Resist Sleep" effect, and having the sleep effect wear off 2 or 5 tp early.

One way to try this would be to use the opo+sleep pot method to gain tp and equip gear before and after the pot is used a number of times to see if one or both work. You'll probably have to go through a stack or two to get the data you need as the proc rate on Resist Sleep is fucking horrible (or at least the PLD job trait is).