Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Ilrusi Atoll - Lost and Found W T F

Ok... can anyone give me some detailed information other than what ffxiclopedia gives? Failed x2 and only found 1 hint each time. Just want to get it done once to help us get close to our 50 complete.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Re: Ilrusi Atoll - Lost and Found W T F

It's not that hard, but can be annoying at time when you wont find the first hint quickly. The assault is basically separated in 2 part, find the hint, then find the ring

#1 Find the hint
    I don't know if there is any special strategy to find the first hint faster, but I think it's just random. Just go anywhere, talk to your npc to check for nearby hints. If there is something, follow the hot and cold hint until you see the "???" pop. Some pop monster, other gravity and the rest give you an hints. Generally, you will find the hint within 10min, but I've been on run where it took us 25min and many "???" before getting anything

#2 Find the ring
    Once you get the hint, ignore the "i can feel something nearby" thing. That part only refert to hint, and won't help you in any way to find the ring. Basically, just use the "PlayerX is the closest to the ring" and head in that direction. You will eventually find the approximate position of the ring.

Now here come to hard part, to pop the final "???", npc have to stand right on top of the position. If she move too fast over it, it won't spawn, and if she move away, it will despawn. It's pretty common to waste 3-4 min around the exact location to make it spawn. I've seen the ring pop on top of an hard to climb rock, and another time, it was almost in the wall. It's kinda annoying, but you will get it eventually.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Should be really simple, everyone just needs to spam tab for ???

Kaylia thanks, we were always torn on whether to follow the direction hint or the "hot and cold" hint, that should squish alot of our questions about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruin
    Thanks dipshit, I hadnt figured that out on my own.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Did you go with 6? We did it with 6 last night, everyone running around looking for ??? and it took us a little bit over 20 min until we got our first Hint, i think with 3 or 4 person we would have lost it. Once we got the hint and the NPC told us who was the closest person to it we all went to that area and found the ring within 3 minutes and left at the 25min mark. Did Lebros supplies today and won that with like 12 min left. In my opinion Lost and Found was much harder since it pretty much depends on luck only.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Ruin wrote:

Thanks dipshit, I hadnt figured that out on my own.
    Obviously you didnt...

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Niki
    Did you go with 6? We did it with 6 last night, everyone running around looking for ??? and it took us a little bit over 20 min until we got our first Hint, i think with 3 or 4 person we would have lost it. Once we got the hint and the NPC told us who was the closest person to it we all went to that area and found the ring within 3 minutes and left at the 25min mark. Did Lebros supplies today and won that with like 12 min left. In my opinion Lost and Found was much harder since it pretty much depends on luck only.
    Really don't need 6. First part only need 2 people (one move npc, other tab around). After that, just circle the npc and you will get the general direction

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

I mean with our luck that we had on the ???, i doubt we would have won with less, got Gravity and that stupid crab many times (Or we just used the wrong strategy idk, just happy that one is done)

Winner, thanks for the help! worked like a charm

Won this yesterday with 3. Was really easy the second time. Just had everyone stick together at first until we got hint. First ??? was crab, then gravity, then crab again, finally hint, then hint again. I started out going south of the boat and covered that whole area. Any time you get "i don't think we'll find anything around here" you can move about 20ish steps safely and then talk to the NPC again. the order of messages is like this:

I don't think we'll find anything around here - really far from anything
    Let's look somewhere else, shall we? - still far, but closer
    There's probably something in this area - pretty close
    Something nearby indeed. - very close
    It's close. very close. - practically right on top.

It took us 12 minutes to get the first hint, and by this time we'd cleared the entire area south of the boat, and the entire area NE of the boat, and up to about the first cove to the NW of the boat. So once we got the first hint I had one person run all the way to the far NW of the map, one person ran through the long narrow passage that cuts across the map midway, and I stood somewhere in the middle. After we found out who it was closest to everyone gathered together and spread out over a smaller distance and we did it again, then got another hint. Once it started being flaky and telling us lots of mixed signals we knew we were close. So at that point I took the NPC away and trained the nearby kraken away, so that people could use /targetnpc. With a /targetnpc macro and spamming enter and moving around they hit the ??? pretty easily and we won.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

The final "???" won't despawn if the npc is on top of the correct location. Don't really /targetnpc macro to speed thing up.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaylia
    The final "???" won't despawn if the npc is on top of the correct location. Don't really /targetnpc macro to speed thing up.
    Weird I thought it did for us last night. But maybe I just got lucky and the NPC walked over the correct location while I was training it away. Even if that's the case, a /target <stnpc> macro would be nice, then keep hitting tab until it moves. Once it moves hit enter twice and you should be good.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Well, I've seen it up for 5-6 sec when npc was on the of the spot. Never really tested longer, but it shouldn't take more than that to click on it. It does despawn quite fast if the npc move tho.