Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Helmut Lang
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Kanye West ~ Graduation

Yeah lolrap/hiphop and all that aside.

I just got it last night and am listening to it this morning, I really like it! Has anyone else heard it? :]

Favorite Tracks: Just about all of them but I really like Big Brother, The Glory and Cant Tell me Nothin.

Straight Ca$h Homie
    BG Level

Re: Kanye West ~ Graduation

Can't tell me Nothin's remix with busta rhymes and lil wayne is really good. The original is nice too. The first like 5 tracks are samples from other peoples songs lol, but the CD's pretty good.

I'm waiting for Lupe Fiasco's new ablum called the The Cool. Look him up on myspace, dudes crazy.

I never even listen to hip hop, but I downloaded this on a whim about 3 days ago.
    I was really surprised how much I liked it, there are some great track, Stronger, Homecoming, Big Brother.
    If anything this will be in my music player for a while.

Chi-town love <3.

The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

food and liquor is probably my favorite hip hop album to date since kanye's college drop out. when is The Cool scheduled to release?

Relic Shield
    BG Level

I didn't even know this was out

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Helmut Lang
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodanaki
    I never even listen to hip hop, but I downloaded this on a whim about 3 days ago.
    I was really surprised how much I liked it, there are some great track, Stronger, Homecoming, Big Brother.
    If anything this will be in my music player for a while.

Chi-town love <3.
    Homecoming is the only song I have complaints about. I dont like Chris Martins vocals in it, doesnt fit to me.

Quote Originally Posted by XxSlusherxx
    I didn't even know this was out
    >.>;

Relic Shield
    BG Level

I'm getting it now, we'll see. stuff just creeps up on you when you don't listen to the radio

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by tyven
    food and liquor is probably my favorite hip hop album to date since kanye's college drop out. when is The Cool scheduled to release?
    QFT and its due out November 20

It's a decent album; my favorite tracks are Stronger, I Wonder, and Big Brother. Compared to most other "mainstream" hiphop, 'ye has historically been a breath of fresh air, but it seems like he's abandoning what made his other albums successful to use a kind of electropop sound. There's really not many political statements in this either, which may be seen as a positive by some, but not imo. All in all, there's a few good tracks, but some are pretty abysmal or make Kanye's just average mic skills apparent (D&H girls, Barry Bonds, etc), and the album as a whole is not even close to Late Registration or College Dropout. I loved Stronger, and was anticipating the release, but found myself disappointed with 90% of it

Champion - 3/5
    Stronger - 5/5
    I Wonder - 5/5
    Good Life - 3/5
    Can't Tell Me Nothing - 3/5
    Barry Bonds - 1/5
    D&H Girls - 2/5
    Flashing Lights - 3/5
    Everything I Am - 3/5
    Homecoming - 3/5
    The Glory - 3/5
    BB - 4/5

edit: Can anyone direct me to good underground/alt hip-hop artists/albums? I liked The Roots' Phrenology a lot, but I'm not sure where to start with other bands.

Love-God among men.
    BG Level

I hate Kanye West so fucking much. It just makes it worse that he's a propagator of the worst "musical" movement ever.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Necrosis
    edit: Can anyone direct me to good underground/alt hip-hop artists/albums? I liked The Roots' Phrenology a lot, but I'm not sure where to start with other bands.
    POS- Audition, easily my favorite rap album ever

my version of Graduation is really low on seeds not done yet

The Sig...
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Its good, but I still like College Dropout over it.

Users Awaiting Email Confirmation
    BG Level

Not sure how known Brother Ali is but his stuff is really good. There is 1 cd of his that I didn't really like, but his 2 others that I've heard were excellent.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

It's due out 9/11 I thought?

Quote Originally Posted by Talus
    It was leaked on p2p

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Deejay
    Can't tell me Nothin's remix with busta rhymes and lil wayne is really good. The original is nice too. The first like 5 tracks are samples from other peoples songs lol, but the CD's pretty good.

I'm waiting for Lupe Fiasco's new ablum called the The Cool. Look him up on myspace, dudes crazy.
    He uses samples for the majority of his songs. A lot of people have a problem with him and call him unoriginal because of it... Like "diggin in the crates" is a bad thing.. Like him or not he has a keen ear.
    It's a good album but I do think LR was better.
    The second bonus track "CRS" with Lupe Fiasco and Pharrell is my favorite on this album. He's going to crush 50 Cent in sales on the 11th without a doubt. "Curtis" as trash.

Kanye is part of the elite group of emcees who are what true hip hop is, with others like common, mos def, talib, lupe, etc... Not only that, but his ear for production is the best in the game right now, or up there at least. Listen to Common's older stuff and then his two most recent (Be and Reflection Eternal), huge difference. I love his older stuff just as well but the Kanye stamp is so identifiable.

Kanye is to now what Diddy was 10 years ago as far as production goes.

Edit: and as a fan of hip hop, 50 Cent is fucking garbage.

First and foremost I'm not a big Hip-hop fan anymore. I once was, but it doesn't relate to me.

That being said, I still like Kanye as a producer and I enjoyed his last two albums so I checked this one out.

Big Brother is the best song on the album.
    I like his last song on each of his album.. how it's more of a wind-up and tribute song. On College Dropout the last song "Last Call" was one of my favorites.

Anyways... If you download it, pick up the one with the 2 extra songs with John Mayer and the Remix to "Can't tell me Nothing" with Young Jeezy. Those two songs are good too. I couldn't really understand John Mayer doing a song though. I know Kanye wanted to do another Adam Levine type duo, but at least use John's guitar skills than him doing the chorus.

Other than that I was really surprised at the CD. I was expecting worse since I didn't really like Stronger (I like the original Daft Punk version anyways).

The last half of the album is better.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

I just hope he sells more copies than 50Cent, cause 50 said if that happened, he'd never put out another record again. goddam kids trying to be all thug and shit piss me off

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Necrosis
    Talus wrote:

It was leaked on p2p
    I figured, but I was responding to the guy that said it was due in November. The last I heard was some posturing between Kayne and 50 over whose album was going to sell more copies since they were dropping around the same time.

I'll just wait til Tuesday but I liked the good life song that played at the end of Entourage two weeks ago when Kanye had a cameo.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast