+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: UFC 75     submit to reddit submit to twitter

ExcaliMod
    Paper Towels? Who needs paper towels, Under the sink they go!

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Re: UFC 75

Quote Originally Posted by chellebell
    meh the fight was decent, I wanna see a rematch between Rampage and Henderson. And wtf at the decision going towards Bisping.

Ive seen plenty of BS calls in MMA fights locally, statewise and on national fights... That was one of the worst calls.... ever...

I think some of the refs were english boxing refs, same problem happens with the old boxing refs in vegas, they just don't know the sport properly. I wanted Bisping to win but I know he didn't, and he was a real dick afterwards. Although if they rematched them, I think he'd beat Matt properly, Matt has been gone for a long time hiding in private training his stand up, and only being able to go from his previous fights, he had no stand up skill. If they rematched them Bisping would train for a better fight then he did, he only looked at Hammill as a wrestler.

The Sig...
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Einherjar
    I think some of the refs were english boxing refs, same problem happens with the old boxing refs in vegas, they just don't know the sport properly. I wanted Bisping to win but I know he didn't, and he was a real dick afterwards. Although if they rematched them, I think he'd beat Matt properly, Matt has been gone for a long time hiding in private training his stand up, and only being able to go from his previous fights, he had no stand up skill. If they rematched them Bisping would train for a better fight then he did, he only looked at Hammill as a wrestler.
    He needs to work on his cardio as well, by the third round he was over with.

House Azazael
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

My first time watching UFC last night, and wow is the refing always that sketchy? I can kinda understand that they didn't want to get mobbed by the hometown fans for Bisbing, but wow.

Quote Originally Posted by AzazaelFenrir
    My first time watching UFC last night, and wow is the refing always that sketchy? I can kinda understand that they didn't want to get mobbed by the hometown fans for Bisbing, but wow.
    Once in a while we get a fight where the decisions make you go "wtf?!", but most of the time it's fairly decent.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Bro Teampill
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

What Jyakko said. The majority of the time the decision is pretty obvious, and the outcome is ruled as expected. The crazy thing is that more and more fights are going the distance. Up until recently judges didn't have much say because fights would end in KO, tap-out, or ref stoppage. I guess time will tell how well judges score fights since their input will matter more frequently.

they were all sketchy, and seemed that a few parts of the system weren't getting scored. looked like only strikes were getting scored in some of the fights.

Cro Cop suffered a broken rib from Kongo body kick, was why he couldn't finish in the first while on full mount, and why he was passive in the later rounds.

also some folks at UFCmania are also saying that the judges didnt seem to be giving points for ground work.

still no fedor news

Kongo kneed him twice in the nuts I'm pretty sure that had to have some impact on his performance.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

I counted like 4-5x he got kneed in the nuts. Kongo should of had some points deducted but w/e.

And you have to realize, Kongo is like the last person you want kneeing you in the balls, besides Cro Cop. So I can't imagine how brutal it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Stee
    Kongo kneed him twice in the nuts I'm pretty sure that had to have some impact on his performance.
    he got warned for the first 2, then got a second warning for 2 more but got a thrid in before big john pulled him off. usually never a second warning for something like that. some people get immediate point loss for grabbing the fence.

One thing that really upsets me about the scoring in MMA is leg kicks. My favorite fighter, GSP, loves to throw them, but they all go in vain towards the score card. They really need to revamp the scoring system and get intelligible judges.

Quote Originally Posted by Jyakku
    One thing that really upsets me about the scoring in MMA is leg kicks. My favorite fighter, GSP, loves to throw them, but they all go in vain towards the score card. They really need to revamp the scoring system and get intelligible judges.
    I think it has to do with a small amount of straight MMA judges. mostly get judges from boxing commissions or wrestling.

Leg kicks don't need to score on the card well, the whole point of them is that by the third roundif they've been used consistently, the recipient will have lost most strength in that leg which makes it hard to snap at your opponent.

Quote Originally Posted by Einherjar
    Leg kicks don't need to score on the card well, the whole point of them is that by the third roundif they've been used consistently, the recipient will have lost most strength in that leg which makes it hard to snap at your opponent.
    I don't agree that they shouldn't have to score on the card, since it's still a tactical move. In my opinion, kicking is just as important as the ground game and is a huge factor in stand-up, so I see no reason why we should discount them from score card.

They do score, just not very high, a takedown scores really high, punches score high, legs kicks do score, just not too high.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought Hamell got screwed. First two rounds were clearly Hamell, last round was a toss up. In the Cro Cop fight Kongo should have been penalized, the nut shots really slowed Cro Cop down in conjuction with the busted rib.

I was severly drunk by the time Rampage/Henderson came on. I was pumped Rampage won the fight though.

On a side note....... How the Fuck does Keith Jardine have a #1 Contender Fight against Lidell?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Quixon
    On a side note....... How the Fuck does Keith Jardine have a #1 Contender Fight against Lidell?
    He doesn't. Shogun has it if he wins. Liddell needs to beat Jardine then his next match will be for #1 contender.

Ahhh ok. I must have misinterpreted the little snippet they did on Lidell/Jardine.