BG-Wiki Search
Closed Thread
Page 11 of 56 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast
    Puppetmaster
    BG Level

Re: Strat to Defeat AV

Quote Originally Posted by Sixtail
    Big issues with that.

1-Sleeper didn't heal herself to 100% every time you can look up. She had sick sick J-lo before nerf regen but she couldn't erase all your progress on her in one fell swoop.

2-Sleeper didn't have AOE's able to knock down huge numbers of people at once and once your stuck in zombie mode, your all but useless.
    I wasn't actually being that serious lol, just wanted an excuse to throw out useless comparison.

Back on topic:
    I also remember there was a HP discrepancy with AV on benediction, where the amount it healed itself for didn't work out correctly for the %tages for the first time people killed it walled without locking anything. It is possible benediction may end up being a minor issue compared to meteor. Again My memory is all fuzzy on this so I could be wrong about the HP difference, or maybe it was patched.

I think people should stop worrying about benediction, and focus on trying to figure out meteor, cause if you're at the point where you can't beat AV only cause it heals itself to full all the time, you're already made more progress than just about anyone. If anything benediction being a problem means you have an adequate ability to hold AV (assuming you're not doing some sort of zerg that beni ruins), which is ideal for testing crap out for trying to lock 2hrs.

Quote Originally Posted by Daveman
    Big issues with that.

1-Sleeper didn't heal herself to 100% every time you can look up. She had sick sick J-lo before nerf regen but she couldn't erase all your progress on her in one fell swoop.

2-Sleeper didn't have AOE's able to knock down huge numbers of people at once and once your stuck in zombie mode, your all but useless.
    I wasn't actually being that serious lol, just wanted an excuse to throw out useless comparison.

Back on topic:
    I also remember there was a HP discrepancy with AV on benediction, where the amount it healed itself for didn't work out correctly for the %tages for the first time people killed it walled without locking anything. It is possible benediction may end up being a minor issue compared to meteor. Again My memory is all fuzzy on this so I could be wrong about the HP difference, or maybe it was patched.

I think people should stop worrying about benediction, and focus on trying to figure out meteor, cause if you're at the point where you can't beat AV only cause it heals itself to full all the time, you're already made more progress than just about anyone. If anything benediction being a problem means you have an adequate ability to hold AV (assuming you're not doing some sort of zerg that beni ruins), which is ideal for testing crap out for trying to lock 2hrs.
    i distinctly remember that the ratio of % recovered/HP recovered did NOT stay constant across even the same fight, but i don't remember which way it went. were later benedictions indicating he had more or less HP? i honestly don't remember. there's another NM that seems to behave this way: http://ffxi.wikia.com/wiki/Devout_Radol_Ja (pardon the use of wikia, but no other site references him with any real info at all) so it might be that one behaves similarly to the other. i remember someone mentioning this a while ago, but it kinda vanished into the mists of time. while i'm not saying this is directly related to AV's 2hring mechanic, or anything like that, this NM is generally just hanging out, shootin the breeze with his mamool buddies. this may be something useful to poke at and see if there's something unique about AV's and this NM's benediction that affects their total HP in some way.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

So did anyone fight JoL/AV with the modded DAT from Mojo yet? I am still waiting for our LS to use the next JoL popsets. -.-

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Daveman
    Big issues with that.

Back on topic:

From what I remember, we had decided that AV either had some kind of buffer hp that wasn't reflected in the graphical bar, or its max hp actually decreased as the fight went on.

I always thought Kerafyrm did have a massive ae attack or two. And there was no real zombie strategy possible in EQ because it took 10 minutes to zone to your bind point and back every time you got rezzed.

TIME OUT MOTHERFUCKER

BG Level

At the risk of jumping in on a very over-thought topic, i'd like to ask you guys a question:

do you really want to be able to defeat AV?

And if so, would you want to have another "unkillable" mob introduced?

Quote Originally Posted by Silenus
    Yes, so we can kill it

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Silenus
    At the risk of jumping in on a very over-thought topic, i'd like to ask you guys a question:

do you really want to be able to defeat AV?

Yes.

no. I would prefer to have a 'very difficult but not obviously meant to be a cock block' mob introduced.

vrtra but with more relevance and better resistance to 18x same job zerging comes to mind.

i'm awesome.
    BG Level

Supposedly some shell on Ramuh killed AV...

Get Wyvnavs to 5% and AV heals them reducing his own HP and that "kills him" or takes him low I suppose. Don't know the details, some shell on Ramuh apparently called "Centerelite" ?

Pretty lame if the strat is really that easy...

Tonko

........ POIDH.... honestly.

i'm awesome.
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Tonko
    ........ POIDH.... honestly.
    That's what I said when I heard it but I mean it's the most logical explanation for beating him I've heard and you'd think all the linkshells to have touched the Wyvnavs have killed them too quickly past around 10% with timed nukes or whatever to see AV get a chance to heal them. I dunno, I really think it'd be funny if it were true.

I gave the linkshell name and server, can anyone on the server confirm/deny give information on the possibility of it happening, do a few /tells, or whatever...?

assburgers
    BG Level

I remember hearing about that idea once.

"What if AV Spirit Linked his Wyvnavs and brought himself really low in the process?"

>.>

Hell, worth a shot I guess.

i'm awesome.
    BG Level

Someone confirm the more it isn't confirmed the more antsy I become.

Honestly 95% of the wyvnas HP * 6 might be more HP than AV has eh? Or at least enough to make a fair shot at him with a zerg :/ ?

Quote Originally Posted by Maguspk
    "Centerelite" ?
    Control Alt Elite? I know someone in RL in this LS so I'll ask tomorrow.

assburgers
    BG Level

Surely the HP of the Wyvnavs is known.

AV has 120k~ (judging from the horrifying "Absolute Virtue uses Benediction, Absolute Virtue recovers 116,763 Hit Points!" screenshots) so even with 6 Wyvnavs they'd need close to 20k Each.

Interesting possibility here though, if it is true that getting past the 79% marker lets you avoid Meteor rape, couldn't you get to 80%, drop the Wyvnavs to 5% and let him Spirit Link himself down into the low 70%'s or below?

Assuming he does Spirit Link.

Demosthenes11

That strat was posted like 2 years ago lol

assburgers
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes11
    That strat was posted like 2 years ago lol
    AV has also been changed since 2 years ago, and many old things which were dismissed may need to be retested.

Note, I wasn't saying that it would kill him, but if it would provide a way to get past the 79% raep-u-matic mode, it's worth testing.

i'm awesome.
    BG Level

Still nobody on Ramuh able to comfirm?? I find it hard to believe it happened now despite all the info I'm getting because the winners would have surely posted it somewhere by now :/

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

AV certainly has not been killed on Ramuh.

Most Valuable Lurker
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cayden Fereles
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

greatest rumor. EVER.
    CAE has certainly not killed AV. POIDH is still the greatest thing to abide by.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

No. Lowest its been on Ramuh is like 95% or so

Closed Thread
Page 11 of 56 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast