Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
Closed Thread
Page 19 of 56 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 ... LastLast

Re: Strat to Defeat AV (Theories)

Dumb post #464567: Drain it of its MP like in the early days of 2-3 hour kirin fights, then you'll only get raped by meteor and comet and mijin and its tp moves and its wyverns, instead of all of the above plus aeroga IV

dumb post part 2: Light kit? wind kit?

wotg torrent kitty :3
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Dawin
    Sorry if this has already been mentioned, but the following theory looked pretty airtight and tested to me, and I was wondering why it was dismissed:

OK, main focus was on the RDM/BLM aern. Four out of Five times i have "messed around" with this mob I have kept the RDM aern up. Everytime i have done this there has been one thing that has stuck out in my mind.... I thought AV cast Meteor/Comet... Out of those four times i have kept the RDM aern up i have yet to see either spell being cast.... UNTIL TONIGHT!!!!!!!!!!! The only difference tonight is this......... WE KEPT THE BLM AERN UP AS OPPOSED TO THE RDM AERN!!!!!!!!!!! (this was done wrong actually and was supposed to keep RDM aern up but got lost somewhere in the Linkshell conversation. But managed to prove what i have been trying to do by a mishap in the LS. yay).

The NIN/WAR Aern we have also tested but not really observed as well as we have with the RDM/BLM Aern. I have noticed that Absolute Virtue will only do Mighty Strikes when the WAR Aern is up and only do Mijin Gakure when the NIN aern is up (NIN 2hr is probably just as potent as the Meteor/Comet instacast). Mijin Gakure finished off the remaining of the people in the alliance tonight when the NIN Aern was up after we had mostly wiped to Comet / Meteor from the BLM Aern being up.

Absolute Virtues abilites and 2hrs (not just 2hrs, but also attack speed and everything related to these jobs... ie triple attack, double attack, etc.) are directly linked to these 3 aerns that spawn by Jailer of Love ???. He will not use spells, abilities, etc. from the Aern which is "down" (if rdm is up then blm is "down", if thf is up then mnk is "down", if nin is up then war is "down" and vice versa). This has been proven tonight by my Linkshell GRAVEYARDSHIFT on Phoenix Server with the help/aide of OceansofAltieau LS for letting us fuck around with their AV pop.
    So there are 3 Aerns, each having 2 forms. People can already get AV down to 80%, so I'm not gonna even mention that. When AV gets to 79% he goes into crazy meteor/comet mode. So keep the RDM up.

At 60% he probably goes into another form. So figure out by process of elimination which aern's need to be up/down for each form. There's probably 5 forms in total.

If the post I quoted is accurate, how could this NOT be the way to defeat AV? Or has the post already been disproven?
    i double quote this since it looks like most people have missed it. or did i miss a post where it was disproven? if not, this does indeed seem to be a big step into the right direction. keep the blm, whm, nin down you could at least make it past the bene/meteor/bigbadaboom.

Check this video I took last week of JP shell in our server tried it. He did'nt regen at all when they damage him and after for awhile until everyone dieing, I found out that they killed all Aerns around him before fought him. He's Benediction when they took him down to 95%. After all still can't beat him because cut out regen but wasn't able to lock 2hours or force him into one job still impossible to do so.
    http://files.filefront.com/Absolute+.../fileinfo.html
    on QCDN...maybe they got something goin on?

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Is anyone able to get an accurate translation of what AV says in Japanese when he's popped and killed?

-Varrin

I guess Map is the last one laughing. I'm surprised no one has been able to kill this cock nigger recently.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Aevis
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawin
    Sorry if this has already been mentioned, but the following theory looked pretty airtight and tested to me, and I was wondering why it was dismissed:

OK, main focus was on the RDM/BLM aern. Four out of Five times i have "messed around" with this mob I have kept the RDM aern up. Everytime i have done this there has been one thing that has stuck out in my mind.... I thought AV cast Meteor/Comet... Out of those four times i have kept the RDM aern up i have yet to see either spell being cast.... UNTIL TONIGHT!!!!!!!!!!! The only difference tonight is this......... WE KEPT THE BLM AERN UP AS OPPOSED TO THE RDM AERN!!!!!!!!!!! (this was done wrong actually and was supposed to keep RDM aern up but got lost somewhere in the Linkshell conversation. But managed to prove what i have been trying to do by a mishap in the LS. yay).

The NIN/WAR Aern we have also tested but not really observed as well as we have with the RDM/BLM Aern. I have noticed that Absolute Virtue will only do Mighty Strikes when the WAR Aern is up and only do Mijin Gakure when the NIN aern is up (NIN 2hr is probably just as potent as the Meteor/Comet instacast). Mijin Gakure finished off the remaining of the people in the alliance tonight when the NIN Aern was up after we had mostly wiped to Comet / Meteor from the BLM Aern being up.

Absolute Virtues abilites and 2hrs (not just 2hrs, but also attack speed and everything related to these jobs... ie triple attack, double attack, etc.) are directly linked to these 3 aerns that spawn by Jailer of Love ???. He will not use spells, abilities, etc. from the Aern which is "down" (if rdm is up then blm is "down", if thf is up then mnk is "down", if nin is up then war is "down" and vice versa). This has been proven tonight by my Linkshell GRAVEYARDSHIFT on Phoenix Server with the help/aide of OceansofAltieau LS for letting us fuck around with their AV pop.
    So there are 3 Aerns, each having 2 forms. People can already get AV down to 80%, so I'm not gonna even mention that. When AV gets to 79% he goes into crazy meteor/comet mode. So keep the RDM up.

At 60% he probably goes into another form. So figure out by process of elimination which aern's need to be up/down for each form. There's probably 5 forms in total.

If the post I quoted is accurate, how could this NOT be the way to defeat AV? Or has the post already been disproven?
    i double quote this since it looks like most people have missed it. or did i miss a post where it was disproven? if not, this does indeed seem to be a big step into the right direction. keep the blm, whm, nin down you could at least make it past the bene/meteor/bigbadaboom.
    Gonna have to disagree with the aern jobs have something to do with what 2hr it will use. During our fun attempt last night to mess with it for awhile, it did more than 3 2hr. Right off the start it did chainspell/manafont meteor/comet spam as we dragged it to the updraft. Also during this time it did soul voice/mijin/astral flow/perfect dodge. During that time all 3 of the aerns at JoL spawn point were left untouched. I really do SE gives a strat, or hell, more of a hint on how to deal with it other than "kill more love summons to kill regen" or stuff like that.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Yes i agree with Alt it was BS we didint do anything but hold it with LS members on lvl 1 jobs and it raped us over and over there must be something we have all missed. Since we acctually tried its f****** imposible atm imo.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

the wynav's build up resistence to the elemental magic pretty quickly. 8blms thundagaIII didnt get them past 40%. anyone know how fast the repop on them is. if you are going to kill them i sugest time AMII nuking *diffrent AMII's. that is if you decide to kill them instead of holding them. which would be fun. or wait not really

During that time all 3 of the aerns at JoL spawn point were left untouched. I really do SE gives a strat, or hell, more of a hint on how to deal with it other than "kill more love summons to kill regen" or stuff like that.
    That may be the problem tho. You see, the LSs that reported this to have an effect actually held the 3 Aerns (I'll get to that in a few).
    The fact that AV can combo Manafont with Fast Cast would be a pretty decent evidence that those Aerns have nothing to do with it, since the BLM and the RDM can't both be up at the same time, right? Well... not really, actually... Because before you touch them, they can still be either job. So technically, if you don't aggro them, they can be both BLM and RDM at the same time. Then if that concept is true, while the Aerns are on non-aggro more, AV would be able to use the 2h of any of the 6 jobs that those 3 Aerns can be. I don't know about the other 2hs tho.

XD I still suggest that he'll stop Bene if you don't mess with his Regen.
    Think about it. IF SE really intends us to beat him, would they really want (without being cruel) us to intentionally fight JoL for extra hours just to beat AV's regen's, while even without the Regen he still can't be beaten?

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Voullab
    Think about it. IF SE really intends us to beat him, would they really want (without being cruel) us to intentionally fight JoL for extra hours just to beat AV's regen's, while even without the Regen he still can't be beaten?
    If I was SE, I'd be getting a kick outta watching LSs waste JoL spawns.

Even tho they said it would be done in the interview, 50 dollars says they don't show people how to kill it at fanfast. I've already instructed my LS when they don't kill it to .... RIOT! and BURN THAT MUTHA FUCKA DOWN!!!! just like the clerk in Harold and Kumar go to white castle

Banned.
    Account locked at request of user.

BG Level

Because before you touch them, they can still be either job.
    lol what? no.

Because before you touch them, they can still be either job.
    no no no no no.
    When it spawns it has a specific ID that identifies the job..............l2readthereadandunderstandgamemec hanics

l2readthereadandunderstandgamemechanics
    Yeah I admit that I don't understand anything about programming.
    Honestly tho, I don't see how hard it would be for a mob to pop with proprieties of both jobs, and assuming only one of them once engaged, differently then being poping jobless and suddenly developing a job once aggroed (which is what I believe you're telling me it's impossible).
    And since they don't cast magic while not engaged, neither do they have weapons or pets out, you can't really say that this can't happen, because there's simply no way to say what they are (unless they can only assume one job on their spawn point).

If I was SE, I'd be getting a kick outta watching LSs waste JoL spawns.
    Yeah I think it's cruelty. They admit that Ru'Phuabos have something to do with AV's regen and make ppl keep JoL alive for hours killing them hoping it could help them killing AV... If it wasn't so boring to watch, it would be pretty hilarious.

Honestly tho, I don't see how hard it would be for a mob to pop with proprieties of both jobs, and assuming only one of them once engaged, differently then being poping jobless and suddenly developing a job once aggroed (which is what I believe you're telling me it's impossible).
    It wouldn't be hard, but it's not the way it is. When a Mob pops, it pops as one entry from the dat files - either one job or the other. This can be easily tested by changing the name of the mob in the dat files - you will only see one or the other at a time.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Quote Originally Posted by Delekii
    It wouldn't be hard, but it's not the way it is. When a Mob pops, it pops as one entry from the dat files - either one job or the other. This can be easily tested by changing the name of the mob in the dat files - you will only see one or the other at a time.
    Aside from this, you can also /check them in game and get different defense/evasion values. While not as obvious as say pld with high defense or thf with high evasion, you could identify the difference between rdm and blm aern with their minor difference in evasion, without engaging them or using out of game mods.

Official THE Alpha and Omega

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Know what would be cool? A dat mod that added the job to the end of Aerns' names.

This can be easily tested by changing the name of the mob in the dat files - you will only see one or the other at a time.
    ahhh right right, that's true...
    well.. I give up then XD

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Breaking news.

Just got of the phone with Sage Sundi, and despite my inability to understand japanese, im pretty sure this is what he said.

Inorder to beat him the only way to lock his 2hours is to be compleatley Sin free, just like his name implies

Stop Regen: Must have never Stolen an NM from a BST
    Lock Chainspell Meteor: Have never MPK'd sombody
    Lock Benediction: Must never have bought gil

If anybody in your alliance has ever done these things, your screwed.

Let the witch hunt begin.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

This is totally random, but hey so is everything else here at some point. We've been experimenting with Oscar Scarf. It works on Kirin. It might work on DL, I only tried it once since it's such a quick fight and it had no effect on that first try. I know it's simple and practical (*gasp*) but has anyone tried it?

Load up on Oscar Scarfs and see what happens.
    http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Oscar_Scarf

Closed Thread
Page 19 of 56 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 ... LastLast