Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
Closed Thread
Page 31 of 56 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31 32 33 41 ... LastLast
    Demosthenes11

Re: Strategies to Defeat AV (All Theories/Ideas Here)

It's a cap dude, it's been tested a lot
    If you had 40 people there, they would all get hit for 2k+
    Try, I have a title to prove i have experience with this mob

i'd imagine there has to be a shot out there somewhere that shows 10+ people eating a meteor and at least 1 instance of the damage. it should be easy enough to find one and put this argument to bed. either they took 1k damage from it or they didn't. regardless it ends this debate.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

well here is a screen shot of our LS pld taking AV meteors to the face

http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t...jol070915c.jpg

He takes them rather well, and ya thats pretty consistant, the only problem is, is that we wipe due to other circumstances.

On that particular round we pulled him to the palace entrance placed the mages onthe bridge and proceeded to nuke him freely (sorta) while the whms healed GW up. GW died however after whms ran out of mp so we wiped in the end.

we had about 3 people at max in metoer range at any given time, if i recall correctly (2 tanks and sometimes the brd got hit)

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Really quickly for the people trying to figure out the math for Meteor, have you even fought AV before? It doesn't even matter if you have 100 people there, Meteor is going to one-shot your mages and 99% of your melee. Even if your tank survives, he's now solo against the God of all Gods. There either has to be a way to stop Meteor from occuring altogether, or there has to be a way to lessen it for EVERYBODY on a CONSISTENT basis.

You can ask Lunarians and anyone else who has posted in any AV thread since Absolute Virtue came out, I know my shit and have been following it for a long time. So far there's nothing new and helpful here other than the same drivel we've seen 2 years before you even knew what AV was.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Hapernack
    Really quickly for the people trying to figure out the math for Meteor, have you even fought AV before? It doesn't even matter if you have 100 people there, Meteor is going to one-shot your mages and 99% of your melee. Even if your tank survives, he's now solo against the God of all Gods. There either has to be a way to stop Meteor from occuring altogether, or there has to be a way to lessen it for EVERYBODY on a CONSISTENT basis.

You can ask Lunarians and anyone else who has posted in any AV thread since Absolute Virtue came out, I know my shit and have been following it for a long time. So far there's nothing new and helpful here other than the same drivel we've seen 2 years before you even knew what AV was.
    wasnt trying to figure out meteor math really, I just asked if someone tested the flawless ribbon on meteor since it actually does do the same thing fealty does. someone tried to discredit my posts and said i know nothing based on a statement that was 100% correct and screenshots prove that it was. not really interested in if he was defeatable or not and i wouldnt go for AV just cos you can reduce meteor damage by putting more people in meteor area, in fact, It takes more mp to cure it that way.

It's a cap dude, it's been tested a lot
    If you had 40 people there, they would all get hit for 2k+
    Try, I have a title to prove i have experience with this mob
    never said you never had experience with AV, you stated that meteor damage isnt reduced when you put more people in the AOE on the last page and you clearly didt know what you were talking about. now that you're proven wrong you're trying to change your point to "I've beaten AV I have more experience with this than you" and my posts were never about AV, they were about meteor, AV isnt the only mob that casts meteor.

and as for "two years before you seen AV". I've been in Sea since day 1, i fought AV before anybody ever figured out how to lock it. It was probably our only serious fight with him, people prefer to just let him despawn when he pops now.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

To translate Demos for you, what he means is that there's a flat cap somewhere in there on when Meteor stops doing less damage to a large crowd of people. Siren has united more than once to try to take down AV and we end up CFHing so that we have maybe 80-130 people teaming up on him all at once. I can tell you as can the hundreds who have died trying to figure this mob out that once you mitigate it with bodies down to maybe 2,400-2,600 damage per person (maybe 3-4 people?) the damage stops going down altogether and then its up to the players' individual stats to resist the damage or not.

While I realize you're trying to say that damage goes down with more people, that point is useless to us because we've known that for years. I said it many times before and I'll say it again. I haven't seen any new useful information in these AV threads in many months and this is no different.

Regardless of your claims to be in sea on day 1 and fought AV when it was first new, you are not displaying that you took away any knowledge from that fight or that experience. If you are going to be in a generation where you were the first on the scene, then you logically should have taken away the most from that scene as well since you had the first hands-on experience with it. You are displaying the same sort of qualities so far of the allan00bs I deal with on a constant basis who recycle the same well-known crap over and over like its something new and interesting

I'm not calling you names, I'm not calling you stupid, but you certainly aren't acting like you know anything about this topic.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

People are just sick of AV threads! Don't have a problem with new ideas with actual merit but I don't think anyone is going to take an idea seriously without some tests/#s behind it. Especially since we're SUPPOSEDLY getting real info soon. There's just been way too many of these speculating/AVZUP! threads, as anyone who's browsed bg forums regularly for the past 2-3 years or so can tell you. I only lurked for the longest time but it seemed there was at least 2 new av threads a week. Here's a list, and I didn't even include all the ones that were loled at from the get go, except for maybe a couple. I'm sure there's some other ones I missed with different titles that got derailed into AV speculation/complaining.

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=19308&hilit=absolute+virtue
    viewtopic.php?f=31&t=20510&hilit=absolute+virtue
    viewtopic.php?f=2&t=13023&hilit=absolute+virtue
    viewtopic.php?f=2&t=13151&hilit=absolute+virtue
    viewtopic.php?f=2&t=15279&hilit=absolute+virtue
    viewtopic.php?f=2&t=16169&hilit=absolute+virtue
    viewtopic.php?f=2&t=5776&hilit=absolute+virtue
    viewtopic.php?f=2&t=5885&hilit=absolute+virtue
    http://www.theorderls.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=5781
    http://www.theorderls.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=5713
    viewtopic.php?f=2&t=8108&hilit=absolute+virtue
    viewtopic.php?f=2&t=7985&hilit=absolute+virtue
    viewtopic.php?f=2&t=7880&hilit=absolute+virtue
    viewtopic.php?f=2&t=7776&hilit=absolute+virtue
    viewtopic.php?f=2&t=7713&hilit=absolute+virtue
    viewtopic.php?f=2&t=6801&hilit=absolute+virtue
    viewtopic.php?f=2&t=8790&hilit=absolute+virtue
    viewtopic.php?f=2&t=8639&hilit=absolute+virtue
    viewtopic.php?f=2&t=8617&hilit=absolute+virtue
    viewtopic.php?f=2&t=8138&hilit=absolute+virtue
    viewtopic.php?f=2&t=8131&hilit=absolute+virtue
    viewtopic.php?f=2&t=12079&hilit=absolute+virtue
    viewtopic.php?f=2&t=11862&hilit=absolute+virtue
    viewtopic.php?f=2&t=11541&hilit=absolute+virtue
    viewtopic.php?f=2&t=10474&hilit=absolute+virtue
    viewtopic.php?f=31&t=17679&hilit=absolute+virtue
    viewtopic.php?f=2&t=17773&hilit=absolute+virtue

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Has anyone tried having Futsuno Mitama, Ninurta's Sash or Aureole equipped while fighting AV? I've seen post of other weapons from other jailers being used but nobody mentioned these.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Quote Originally Posted by recon
    Has anyone tried having Futsuno Mitama, Ninurta's Sash or Aureole equipped while fighting AV? I've seen post of other weapons from other jailers being used but nobody mentioned these.
    Needing an AV drop to successfully kill AV is kind of one of those "You are your own grandpa" situations don't you think ?

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Lordwafik
    Needing an AV drop to successfully kill AV is kind of one of those "You are your own grandpa" situations don't you think ?
    AV fell a few times times b4 the patch so there has to be at least one of these items. I've seen screenshots of Sin of Indignation (Belt) and Sin of Invidiousness (Rod) dropping not sure about the other items.
    Maybe this is the reason why SE will impliment items that will help defeat AV cuz there so few AV drops in existence. Just thought i might through a little flavor into the gravey since everything else has been discussed/tried.

Demosthenes11

are you fucking kidding me dude? lol
    MY BRAIN HURTZ

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

AV fell a few times times b4 the patch so there has to be at least one of these items. I've seen screenshots of Sin of Indignation (Belt) and Sin of Invidiousness (Rod) dropping not sure about the other items.
    Maybe this is the reason why SE will impliment items that will help defeat AV cuz there so few AV drops in existence. Just thought i might through a little flavor into the gravey since everything else has been discussed/tried.
    Ok so what about my server, Asura, nobody's killed AV. How are we meant to kill it without those items?

How about Apathy on remora who killed it and it dropped nothing at all ?

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quite the catch 22

PIME TARADOX

assburgers
    BG Level

Clearly if you go back in time, the Wall of Justice works, then you can get the dorps, and use them to kill him in the present.

Level your temporal mechanics nubs.

I'll use my 75 THF to /ja "Steal" AV drops from my future self.

Obviously you've got to go back in time and stop CoP from being released to defeat AV.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

SE needs to release a fucking clue cuz all these retarded Meteor or NeedaAVdroptokillAV theories are starting to retard up the playerbase apparently. Might as well start talking about Ebon panels and Jailer weapons.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...Philip_Fry.png

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

one of my ls mates said he had the aerns around the JoL area numbered or something and today when we went up to do JoL, he said the aerns name's were back to normal does that mean SE did a ninja fix and changed the aern mobs around JoL?

Closed Thread
Page 31 of 56 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31 32 33 41 ... LastLast