Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
Closed Thread
Page 51 of 56 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 ... LastLast
    Official THE Alpha and Omega

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Re: Strategies to Defeat AV (All Theories/Ideas Here)

Quote Originally Posted by Starr
    So if using 2 hours only makes his 2hrs duration shorter and increase the time between them, does that really help so much? I mean it will still Benediction, Chainspell and Manafont?
    It makes it predictable and rare. Benediction isn't a problem if it's a 1/15 chance every 4 or so minutes since it just becomes a rare annoyance. Chainspell and Manafont will be less of a problem since, if this theory is correct, you can keep track of how long since last 2h and properly gtfo when time is up just in case you are about to get raped by a nasty 2h.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Aldaris
    Quote Originally Posted by Olo401

During the Manafont's that I have encountered I have notice a certain AI that AV undergoes when casting his spells.

The pattern should go

Comet, Comet, Meteor, Comet, and Meteor.
    (This could be wrong please help me confirm.)
    When we fought AV last weekend, the pattern was the same as you described.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by siknoz

During the Manafont's that I have encountered I have notice a certain AI that AV undergoes when casting his spells.

The pattern should go

This is not always the case, he can cast them in any order. He seems to favor comet, though, so you have a good chance of comet being first. We just killed JoL, no AV pop for the fifth straight time.

Aldaris

Quote Originally Posted by Ramses

The pattern should go

This is not always the case, he can cast them in any order. He seems to favor comet, though, so you have a good chance of comet being first. We just killed JoL, no AV pop for the fifth straight time.
    I'll video next fight this time.

I was wrong about the double comet at the start...Looking for more vids

Manafont @ 2:20
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=Jbo_DNgykAE&feature=related

SHADOWMAGE

Quote Originally Posted by Ramses

The pattern should go

I'll video next fight this time.

I was wrong about the double comet at the start...Looking for more vids

Manafont @ 2:20
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=Jbo_DNgykAE&feature=related
    So Mr.Ald have you any new findings yet with AV?

Aldaris

Quote Originally Posted by SHADOWMAGE
    Unfortunately nothing ground breaking. We have yet to make another serious attempt vs. AV

Just some minor 2 hours notes I wrote down…

AV spawns

1 min later

AV uses Call Wyvern

1 min exactly later

AV uses Hundred Fists

30 seconds later (give or take a few) Hundred Fists was gone

1 min later exactly

AV uses Soul Voice

All this was just sitting there doing nothing, nobody 2 hour casts spells etc...Just sat and watched AV does what he does. But like I said nothing ground breaking just more evidence AV’s 2 hours are on a 1 min timer.

was bored today, also...

Issues with Wyverns??? More blah blah stuff but I somewhat found useful. Evidence with the wyverns must be kited away to ensure a safer battle vs. AV. Lawl. But today I watched the videos again and noticed something in the FR version.

Going along with the obvious…

In the “Absolute Virtue Fight - English” version

At 3 min 38 seconds in the video (FFXI time was 12:20 Iceday) you clearly see the same taru rdm/thf use Flee and kite the three Wyverns away

And now

In the “Absolute Virtue Developer Fight - FR” version.

At 2 min 41 seconds in the video (FFXI time was 8:50 Thundersday) you see one of Av’s three Wyverns along with the Taru rdm/thf kiting it/them away again.

So in the end it’s obvious that SE wanted nothing to do with the Wyverns but keep them away from the main alliance. (If you get AV’s Wyverns far enough away from him, they will de-agro from the rdm and walk back at thier normal movement speed back to AV.)

Thanks and good luck!

Rainbow Dash was here,
    Applejack is a silly filly.

BG Level

“there”
    I'm sorry, why was this done?

Aldaris

Happy?

SHADOWMAGE

Unfortunately nothing ground breaking. We have yet to make another serious attempt vs. AV

AV spawns

1 min later

AV uses Call Wyvern

1 min exactly later

AV uses Hundred Fists

1 min later exactly

AV uses Soul Voice

All this was just sitting there doing nothing, nobody 2 hour casts spells etc...Just sat and watched AV does what he does. But like I said nothing ground breaking just more evidence AV’s 2 hours are on a 1 min timer.

Thanks and good luck!
    Ok I know this alot asking from ya but lol, I am probably throwing this out there... However well since I don't have an LS that does SEA anymore I myself can't really test this out without an LS. I was wondering if you could excatly test the side effects of TP moves against AV. What I am saying is lets say you have whole bunch of ppls with different kinds of weapon ; basically test to see "TWICE" if AV reacts with the same TP or 2hr move aswell take the time.

If you can test it out that would be great.

Rainbow Dash was here,
    Applejack is a silly filly.

BG Level

Happy?
    Actually, this was one of the few times I wasnt being a grammar nazi, I just thought since you "quoted" it, that it was done for a reason and I just wasn't getting the in-joke.

SHADOWMAGE

Quote Originally Posted by #686578
    Happy?
    Actually, this was one of the few times I wasnt being a grammar nazi, I just thought since you "quoted" it, that it was done for a reason and I just wasn't getting the in-joke.
    grammar nazi :O o deaaarrr.......

I am so ganna be forced into the ghetto camps.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

AV spawns

1 min later

AV uses Call Wyvern

1 min exactly later

AV uses Hundred Fists

1 min later exactly

AV uses Soul Voice

was bored today, also...

Issues with Wyverns??? More blah blah stuff but I somewhat found useful. Evidence with the wyverns must be kited away to ensure a safer battle vs. AV. Lawl. But today I watched the videos again and noticed something in the FR version.

At 3 min 38 seconds in the video (FFXI time was 12:20 Iceday) you clearly see the same taru rdm/thf use Flee and kite the three Wyverns away

And now

At 2 min 41 seconds in the video (FFXI time was 8:50 Thundersday) you see one of Av’s three Wyverns along with the Taru rdm/thf kiting it/them away again.

So in the end it’s obvious that SE wanted nothing to do with the Wyverns but keep them away from the main alliance. (If you get AV’s Wyverns far enough away from him, they will de-agro from the rdm and walk back at thier normal movement speed back to AV.)

Thanks and good luck!

We toyed with AV for awhile last time he popped. The Wyverns share hate and move at a fast pace. If your shell is big enough 3 /thf kiters would be best.

SHADOWMAGE

Quote Originally Posted by Taint

AV spawns

1 min later

AV uses Call Wyvern

1 min exactly later

AV uses Hundred Fists

1 min later exactly

AV uses Soul Voice

was bored today, also...

And now

Thanks and good luck!

We toyed with AV for awhile last time he popped. The Wyverns share hate and move at a fast pace. If your shell is big enough 3 /thf kiters would be best.
    So one RDM/thf kiter couldn't cut it?...
    May I ask aswell if he had fast panties?

I ask Dumbass Questions and get Smartass Answers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

if you watch all 4 SE videos its obvious that the characters the devs use are able to use SPs more often than normal.
    because they are shown using SP with no apparant effect, we can presume that group was able to kill AV using their other spells and abilities.
    >>let's look at some practical info about this fight.
    most other NMs have one or two SP abilities, or have triggers for certain AI after a length of time or at hp%.
    like any monster, AV has a set of abilities inherent to its family. AV is an Aern-type and has the JA and WS of the drg-type Aern. AV can also use strong Aero magic in its standard AI pattern.
    as soon as your fight begins, AV will use a SP ability and you must be ready to counter it with coordinated LS actions. Once again about one minute afterward it will use another SP until the end of the fight :
    manafont: possible to avoid meteor(giant AoE) by immediately using shadowbind and running away until the timer has elapsed ~1 minute. this is most difficult and dangerous, as tanks want to get away from the mages for safety, however we know that itself is unsafe, and because of AV's long casting range. Having magic defense gear for this situation is advised.
    call wyvern: 3 wyverns appear and begin to attack AV's target, these must be kited away by skilled LS mages
    astral flow: above wyverns use a breath attack, avoidable by kiting
    familiar: above wyverns get stronger, avoidable by kiting
    Hundred Fists & Meikyo Shisui: these can be treated like Manafont but no need to scatter outside normal melee range. Meikyo is bad because AV is known to spam Explosive Impulse, an AoE damage WS. also favored is Medusa Javelin(petry) and Impulse Stream(Stun Aoe)
    Soul Voice: likes to use charm song, perhaps it can be dispelled or target can be slept, in this situation brace for hate reset if tanks are under AVs control. lasts ~1min
    mighty strikes & blood weapon: can be blinked away, but you will probably see tank HP going down even more quickly during these SPs.
    chainspell: Magic Defense should be equipped. watch for those wind AoE spells. unknown if all 2hr spells are available during this SP (virelai, comet ... )
    benediction: probably won't use this until mid fight
    perfect dodge: ~
    Mijin Gakure: i havn't seen this happen but i bet it would suck
    invincible: ~
    eagle eye shot: nasty one-shot attack, but probably least annoying SP
    your LS has two practical concerns: keeping tanks alive and responding to AV's AI changes, based on its SP use on a regular ~1 min cycle. if this is possible then you can think about taking down its HP.
    Shadowbind only works if all melee disengage before it is used!
    >>so, in theory what would be the purpose of using 2-hour abilities against AV when it uses a SP (2hr)?
    it may push up AV's recast for SP abilities in general, and/or shorten their duration.
    it may also lower the chance that AV will choose the 2hrs he sees, when the SP recast timer has expired.
    >>so, in theory how were they able to use their 2hrs more than once during the fight?
    it's possible that reset 2hrs have nothing to do with AV, and is possible within the game (lol,right?)
    i don't think its possible for this to be an editing trick (i.e. multiple fights) or some developer cheat code.
    in all 4 videos (EN,JP,DE,FR) 9 instances of AV using SP are shown. three characters use their 2hrs 9 times they are: Hina BRD, Popum BLM, Chakiki RDM. Rasopo SMN is only in the chat log 8 times using Astral Flow.
    >>why go to all the trouble of taking down its HP only to get slapped with Benediction ?
    this is a good question, the only hint in the videos is that 3 whm use benediction at once in Clip2 of the english version, this is probably about 1/2 way into the fight. at this point they are using 4 manafont and 3 soul voice to counter AV's SP (soul voice).
    ??do Comet and Meteor have elemental properties ?

The Sig...
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Holy fuck. Enter key.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Cog
    if you watch all 4 SE videos its obvious that the characters the devs use are able to use SPs more often than normal.
    because they are shown using SP with no apparant effect, we can presume that group was able to kill AV using their other spells and abilities.
    most other NMs have one or two SP abilities, or have triggers for certain AI after a length of time or at hp%.
    like any monster, AV has a set of abilities inherent to its family. AV is an Aern-type and has the JA and WS of the drg-type Aern. AV can also use strong Aero magic in its standard AI pattern.
    as soon as your fight begins, AV will use a SP ability and you must be ready to counter it with coordinated LS actions. Once again about one minute afterward it will use another SP until the end of the fight :
    manafont: possible to avoid meteor(giant AoE) by immediately using shadowbind and running away until the timer has elapsed ~1 minute. this is most difficult and dangerous, as tanks want to get away from the mages for safety, however we know that itself is unsafe, and because of AV's long casting range. Having magic defense gear for this situation is advised.
    call wyvern: 3 wyverns appear and begin to attack AV's target, these must be kited away by skilled LS mages
    Hundred Fists & Meikyo Shisui: these can be treated like Manafont but no need to scatter outside normal melee range. Meikyo is bad because AV is known to spam Explosive Impulse, an AoE damage WS. also favored is Medusa Javelin(petry) and Impulse Stream(Stun Aoe)
    Soul Voice: likes to use charm song, perhaps it can be dispelled or target can be slept, in this situation brace for hate reset if tanks are under AVs control. lasts ~1min
    mighty strikes & blood weapon: can be blinked away, but you will probably see tank HP going down even more quickly during these SPs.
    chainspell: Magic Defense should be equipped. watch for those wind AoE spells. unknown if all 2hr spells are available during this SP (virelai, comet ... )
    your LS has two practical concerns: keeping tanks alive and responding to AV's AI changes, based on its SP use on a regular ~1 min cycle. if this is possible then you can think about taking down its HP.
    >>so, in theory what would be the purpose of using 2-hour abilities against AV when it uses a SP (2hr)?
    it may push up AV's recast for SP abilities in general, and/or shorten their duration.
    it may also lower the chance that AV will choose the 2hrs he sees, when the SP recast timer has expired.
    >>so, in theory how were they able to use their 2hrs more than once during the fight?
    it's possible that reset 2hrs have nothing to do with AV, and is possible within the game (lol,right?)
    i don't think its possible for this to be an editing trick (i.e. multiple fights) or some developer cheat code.
    in all 4 videos (EN,JP,DE,FR) 9 instances of AV using SP are shown. three characters use their 2hrs 9 times they are: Hina BRD, Popum BLM, Chakiki RDM. Rasopo SMN is only in the chat log 8 times using Astral Flow.
    >>why go to all the trouble of taking down its HP only to get slapped with Benediction ?
    this is a good question, the only hint in the videos is that 3 whm use benediction at once in Clip2 of the english version, this is probably about 1/2 way into the fight. at this point they are using 4 manafont and 3 soul voice to counter AV's SP (soul voice).
    This is similar to my strategy though not as in depth. Shadowbind the bad 2 hours and chip away at him during the manageable ones.

Meteor is not elemental, but fealty will reduce meteor damage considerably. So you shadowbind and plds pop fealty, everyone runs one way and the tanks run the exact opposite way. This will double the target aoe distance from tanks to rest of alliance and everyone should mostly be able to avoid meteor. Plds can survive multiple meteors with fealty though they shouldn't even get hit with more than one with this strategy.

As for the wynavs, I think the best way is to -ga them every time they are called. However, you need serious blm power to do this and nuke AV. For now it seems kiting them is the best feasible option. One rdm/thf with cc should have no problem kiting.

One rdm/thf with cc should have no problem kiting.
    cc?

crimson cuisses

SHADOWMAGE

Quote Originally Posted by Cog
    I don't understand your theory here or how it will help. In the video you realize that SE never used RNG's in their party?
    I don't understand how you would dispel or sleep a charm song.

do Comet and Meteor have elemental properties ?

I ask Dumbass Questions and get Smartass Answers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

if you need instructions that read like "Paladins should use spells like Flash, and Cure IV to heal themselves" then i guess you shouldn't really be worried about AV in the first place... but assuming you do belong to a HNMLS then presumably your friends have some idea of what to do when trying to stay alive vs. a mega boss...
    my strategy outlined above is just a variation of the strategy countless LS use to kill JoL~

Closed Thread
Page 51 of 56 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 ... LastLast