Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 56 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

Strategies to Defeat AV (All Theories/Ideas Here)

OK, OK, yet another lolAV thread...but this time its not about theories or ebon panels, but a
    actual strat of taking him on directly with what we know about him. My LS personally tried
    this strat, but due to lack of numbers and ability we could not fully succeed.

Kris's theory of basic steps to defeat AV:

1. Pop AV

2. Train AV to front gate, take him under the bridge leading to the main gate and hold him there.

3. Setup 3 groups to hold the wyverns elsewhere.

4. Use Tanks to hold AV under the bridge, preferably with backups standing near the start of the bridge, out of AoE Range.

4. Mages stand at the top of the bridge, AV's AoE's and magic does not hit them if they stand next to the door, but they can nuke/heal/rangedattack mobs underneath them and can even zone if they pull hate.

5. Profit?!

Essentially your mages can fully heal/nuke from the top of the bridge out of danger so if you can keep your tanks alive then you should be able to damage AV freely and zone if you pull hate. If tanks go down then hopefully you have backups who can take over while your mages zone.

I think this strat does have some foundation for success so decided to post this, give it a laugh or add some new ideas to this mix.

(Edited Thread Title for Accuracy)

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Re: Strat to Defeat AV

Meteor will one-shot the tanks.
    It will then rape the black mages.

It will Benediction and all your work will be lost.
    You will move it's HP again.
    It will Benediction again and all your will be lost.

It will use Mijin Gakure.
    The wvyerns will explode for 4000dmg and rape your holding parties.
    The wvyerns will go back to the tanks.
    The wyverns will kill the tanks.
    It will then rape the black mages.

You cannot zone fast enough if you pull hate.
    Your black mages will die.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

Too bad AV Draws-in. Try again.

Paging Dr. Nat
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Natallon Docere
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

i dont mean to be an ass but there is a rather large thread over in the "newbie" discussion area

Sagacious Sundi

Quote Originally Posted by Natallon
    i dont mean to be an ass but there is a rather large thread over in the "newbie" discussion area
    He originally posted this idea there, I think.

Sassy Tyrant
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Falisa Asile
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Kris
    2. Train AV to front gate, take him under the bridge leading to the main gate and hold him there.
    First problem I see. As far as I know, he draws in constantly and has constant flee speed so getting it that far would be quite a task.

And I don't think the AoEs are really the problem even though they are annoying. Its more about the benediction.

He doesn't draw-in people on top of the bridge, he will path to them. Tested™

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Going to leave this thread open so everyone else can point the flaws in the plan.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

ib4ep?

Love-God among men.
    BG Level

This is a flawless and perfect plan.

everything i'd read up till now (and the one time we decided to play with him by kiting him around the zone) indicated that he doesn't draw in unless he can't path to you. if he can run to you, he'll do so. if he can't figure out how, he'll drag you in and rape you. i know it's movable b/c my LS did it when we were screwing around with it (got it to the ramp easily) so getting it there and avoiding draw in shouldn't be the problem. the problem is a) keeping the tanks alive and b) bene as i see it.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I post only cause I have a name that's similar. That is all.

1. Pop AV.

2. Ensue mass chaos and panic as ls leaders frantically decide who to have who lot what drops off JoL, as they shout violently to R1 those dead, all the while AV proceeds to run around and kill 1/2 to all of your linkshell. After a few RRs, idiots aggroing sharks and a THF aggroing a UFO, your people reach the bridge and your plan begins. Don't forget to try and stop his regen, because Sage Sundi mentioned this a few times and this must be the key to killing him, not the non stop Benedictions or Meteors, no.

3. Setup 3 groups to hold the wyverns elsewhere and once this happens, they'll fall to suicide bombing wyverns and request back up and mages to R3 because their buffer is low and can't be hassled to exp for an hour.

4. Use Tanks to hold AV under the bridge, preferably with backups standing near the start of the bridge. Main tanks will drop within seconds, while AV runs off to attack the mages who tried to haste/cure the surviving tanks. Back up tanks will then get hate but die seconds later due to mages dead.

4. Mages stand at the top of the bridge, AV's AoE's and magic does not hit them if they stand next to the door, but they can nuke/heal/ranged attack mobs underneath them and can even zone if they pull hate. However, since everyone's dead and RR and zerging at this point, the second we zone out he'll be standing there whacking some BLM who's trying to ES Sleep or Bind him and then turn his attention to us and we'll be dead before we can even get out from zoning.

5. Failure?!

WHY?

Banned.

BG Level

how much HP did you took off? How many people you had?

Although Rocl already summed up why it would not work

This is not a new idea. I might have even brought it up as early as when you were still Kupo? Not sure.

The thing about AV ideas is that at this point, they most likely aren't new, so unless you actually try them out and win there isn't much point posting.

well, the thought is of whether or not a few tanks could survive AV's attacks with enough support if the support is safe from harm. Between all buffs and proper equips, tons of outside healing, constantly having stoneskin placed on the tanks could say 3 PLD/NINs survive then? If they could then this strat should work just fine.

. . .

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't there something in the TOS about using the terrain to evade magical spells/attacks? Does a bridge count? :O I think SE could stop this one before it is even tested.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

I think it would be cooler if A. a thread called strat to defeat AV actually included something tried and tested and B. you actually had screenshots or data or a dorp pool to prove it. I think it's probably been said a few thousand times now, but if you truly believe you have a way to kill him, get your ls together, try your strategies and then post and we'll all suck your dick. Otherwise it's just another post to be made fun of.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 56 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast