Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Corsair in Salvage     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Corsair in Salvage

What rolls do you give your melee on bosses?

Re: Corsair in Salvage

I've only done salvage as a cor once, but one salvagite in my LS swears by MNK roll on anything with nasty TP moves (which includes most salvage bosses). I used it on the gear NM in silver seas, and it was really, really noticable (I happened to be rolling consistant 11's that day, lol). The second roll probably depends on your setup, but probably double attack is not that desirable, go with something that increases damage per swing rather than increasing swings.

Yea, we've been using Monk's Roll and Chaos Roll, was wondering if this was the common choice.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Monk's roll and Chaos Roll, evoker's and Wizerd's or Warlocks depending on the job setup. Getting debuffs on is always first priotity, and ur mages may or may not be geared enough to land em.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I haven't seen any data on Magus's Roll post-update, but I'd imagine it's something to consider opposit Monk's Roll for Salvage bosses.

If not Magus's.. I think you're looking at Samurai, Rogues, or Chaos to pair with Monk's, and which one may depend on if you have a Sam, Thf, or Drk there. I agree with Delekii - you'd be looking to increase damage per swing (or TP gained) moreso than number of swings (Fighter's).

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Definately, lower hits = less tp = less tp spamming.

I'm unsure on my standing with Magus roll, with monk's roll his TP spamming is considerably lower than without and he already doesn't hit very hard to begin with. If you're good with keeping shadows up, I'm mostly am unless it's an odd event of bad timings you won't be getting hit at all cept for his AoE moves, which do only about 200-350 dmg at most.

you definitely want Monk's Roll. I probably wouldn't suggest Chaos Roll for me personally. Fighter's Roll would get your tanks to 100TP faster for more Weapon Skills. Magus Roll probably not necessary since most boss AoEs are easily do-able without magic damage mitigation.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

I'd want Monk's/Rogue's. But I enhance Rogue's roll so maybe that's somewhat biased

Hmmm thanks Double attack might be nice, but that would in turn feed a little more TP than Chaos Roll. Samurai Roll might not be too bad on a good roll, DDs would TP faster that way and also feed the chariot less TP at the same time. Definitely gonna stick with Monk's Roll though.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Beside discoid, I'm not sure other WS are reduced by magic def. Fanatic drink makes you imune to all their ws, but fool's drink do nothing.

If THF is in cor party, THF roll. DRK roll+MNK roll otherwise.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Kaylia
    Beside discoid, I'm not sure other WS are reduced by magic def. Fanatic drink makes you imune to all their ws, but fool's drink do nothing.

If THF is in cor party, THF roll. DRK roll+MNK roll otherwise.
    Despite Kaylia making me get these rolls when I'm tanking, even though they aren't bad >:O I prefer THF + DRK roll full time and for other melee to know their fucking place on chariots (some people have a problem evaluating cause <-> effect decisions based on mages MP.)

NIN + NIN or NIN + MNK I never really feel the need for subtle blow rolls, diminishing returns vs. kill speed yadda yadda. NIN + WAR, MNK + WAR, or WAR + WAR or whatever else really SB+ roll can be very useful.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Monk's and Chaos, no contest.

Monk's makes a huge difference on any boss except LBC under 25% when he seems to have his own Meditative abilities. In which case I'd switch to the double attack roll coupled with Chaos roll for that portion.

For normal mobs, Double attack and Critical hits, since Minuet x2 already brings you close enough to capping out on attack if you aren't already.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Why not double attack, chaos roll and march Wizerd? Imo rogue's roll is pretty nice, but after the update chaos roll is just amazing, with or without the drk in party.