٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Re: Zhayolm: 1F, 5F, 6F Poroggo Madames Info

Quote Originally Posted by Daiiawn
    am just wondering how a blm could fare on sleeping them, may be worth me giving a try next chance i get if i have the relevant slots open
    I'm confident a monkey could sleep them, so long as the day of the week permits.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

well im confident my blm is better than just being a monkey XD

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Akama

Quote Originally Posted by Lordwafik
    Not ours <_<

Anyway fun madame fact :

http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/1...ymadamelp5.jpg

Entered ice day, completely resistant to paralyze, but this time I could dispel her! I was happy, then I tried sleep and it worked So people can incorprate that when they're being chorused.
    Like I said earlier, her resistance is based on the day of the week you enter. Thief sleep bolts work on her too, if you lack a stun and need an interrupt on something

Also you can sleepga charmed players in room, and so long as you target a PC, the ramparts next to the PCs wont be hit by it.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Slott
    Not ours <_<

Anyway fun madame fact :

Entered ice day, completely resistant to paralyze, but this time I could dispel her! I was happy, then I tried sleep and it worked So people can incorprate that when they're being chorused.
    Like I said earlier, her resistance is based on the day of the week you enter. Thief sleep bolts work on her too, if you lack a stun and need an interrupt on something

Also you can sleepga charmed players in room, and so long as you target a PC, the ramparts next to the PCs wont be hit by it.
    Doesn't -ga's only hit one player while charmed, or have they changed this?

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Akama

I dont know how to properly answer that in respect to every charm, because I used to think the same way. However I do know for a fact that horde lullaby and sleepga will hit every charmed player character within aoe radius of the spell, under the effects of frog chorus. Thus, a sleepga will hit your 2-3 charmed melee frogs, no longer leaving them as threats.

Infact, when killing frogs, we have melee turn away while the bard comes to sing so bard can back out of range without getting charmed. When melee get charmed, a quick horde lullaby makes the issue tame.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

we have melee turn away
    Chorus is gaze ?

TP i'd imagine

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Quote Originally Posted by NynJa
    we have melee turn away
    Chorus is gaze ?

Melee turn away from frog = not feeding her TP
    Not feeding her TP = nobody getting frogged while getting resonged.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

yeah, figured so lol

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Noob question, dont feel like reading though a bajillion pages. <.<

The 5f ramparts dont agro right? We faught it in the hall but dragged us in when we got charmed and they didn't agro but we were still afraid of casting magic and so we didn't try anything. Can anyone confirm they don't agro?

Quote Originally Posted by Not Kuno
    Noob question, dont feel like reading though a bajillion pages. <.<

The 5f ramparts dont agro right? We faught it in the hall but dragged us in when we got charmed and they didn't agro but we were still afraid of casting magic and so we didn't try anything. Can anyone confirm they don't agro?
    They don't aggro whatsoever.

Edit: I should say, they've never aggroed in seven 5N and three or four 5S fights, and I've never read of them aggroing anyone else, either.

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Not ours <_<

Anyway fun madame fact :

if day permits she can be bound too, if that helps somehow

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Akama

She can be fully debuffed by any element aside from any spell corresponding with the day you enter (and maybe she cant be silenced, not sure)

For example, start wind day? - no grav
    start dark day - no sleep
    start ice day - no bind/para... etc etc

Ramparts dont aggro at all unless you take a specific action against them, or i'd assume if you -ga the madame and it hits a rampart as well. (Sleepga / horde lullaby PC characters next to them will not effect them at all)

We have melee turn away when bard sings so that the bard wont get charmed due to feeding it TP. Kiting can be tricky business (It also seems that if you are charmed, dusk and movement speed items DO effect your speed, both negatively and positively, although not as much as if you were uncharmed) and melee can take out a mage rather quickly (relic thf + mnk on a rdm kiting, especially when you only go with 4 people) can kill a mage rather quickly, thus we avoid getting our mages charmed at all costs (melee fight with their backs towards mages, so mages can cure freely without being chorus'd)

When charm goes off a few things happen - 1) the redmage casts bind immediately on the madame if they have enough time to (and day permits), so she stays stationary, as well as gravity
    2) Bard lullabys the melee, then the redmage sleep 2's them. We find this to work much quicker than having everyone get charmed and relying on dots, or rely on kiting alone.

Kiting - If you've ever pulled in salvage you'll notice mobs do not like pathing through the center of the steps. If you kite into the hallway, hug the left wall (if you're going towards the gear room)when you get towards the top, cut across to the right side and you shouldnt get hit if performed well enough.

Hope this information helps, we have our frog kills done pretty fast now, and typically zero error. I'd rather not have bard songs on than have my bard get charmed.

Now for my question for all of you. How do you get passed the gears? Typically I've been fleeing into room, PD then if I have a fanatic drink, i use that and log out. If I dont and we have someone with sleepga, they sleep the gears and log out, otherwise I just have a mage diaga them and die :] I used to be able to walk passed the gear room rather easily, but as of late, as soon as I get into the hallway they all charge straight at me.

Oh right, edit: another fun fact - Sleep bolts work on her. If three rangers felt retarded enough you could probably just sleep bolt her to death. I took her down a few % while waiting on a couple dead people to recover as thief with sleep bolts.

Another thing to note for the mages kiting is that if you get stuck in the hallway, it's possible to cast near the gear room without getting magic aggro; all you have to do is run all the way in the corner next to the doorway. The first time we did this fight I was on WHM and after taking a bad turn during Frog Chorus, I took a beating and lost Stoneskin + a bunch of HP. I ran in that corner (since I had nowhere else to go), cure V'd myself, ran back to the rampart room (taking another beating in the process), cure V'd myself again, cast a fresh Stoneskin and started kiting properly again.

From the first time I've fought a Poroggo NM, I've never liked the "let's all get charmed while DoT is on" approach, since this way the NM may or may not regen (DoTs wearring at a bad time, etc). With the "always leave one person uncharmed" approach, it leaves no chance that the NM will regen (provided of course the person doesn't die -o-). I've heard people say that kiting around drags out the fight longer, but that's dumb since charm seems like a fixed duration either way...so all you have to do is survive, then let people get hate back <_>. I do try to keep DoT on by casting from 20.x range "just in case" though.

For the surviving part, as Slott mentionned immediate Grav/Bind on the NM and sleeps on party members are essential, plus it never hurts to have stuff like capped Stoneskin/earth staff/phalanx/cheviot cape/12% speed. None of these are necessary (I don't have cuisses on RDM and I haven't noticed a huge difference), but the more of them you have, the higher your chances are of surviving when shit happens.

The ramparts don't aggro and don't seem to link either. Last night after people left I pulled the left one and soloed it Avesta style, dragging it in and around the other ramparts and they never moved.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Oh right, edit: another fun fact - Sleep bolts work on her. If three rangers felt retarded enough you could probably just sleep bolt her to death. I took her down a few % while waiting on a couple dead people to recover as thief with sleep bolts.
    I had also used sleep bolt for pulling once (coz acid was out), and i found that, sleep bolt usually land like most of the after Madame did Frog Chrous, but when in normal battle time, sleep bolt didnt seems to land most of the time ;x tell me if this is true or not please?

Yes i totally agreed to Poo's saying that, usually leaving one person uncharm and kite is the way to go, i found that saving most of the time, it helps keep the mob claimed and stop it from regen. With that method our LS group (3DD/3mages) killed Jakko/slot/3S/5N/6 with 6 ppl under 100 mins np.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

0/18 5f

0/6 6f!

/twirl

sounds like haper's groups numbers i think they're all nearing 2/3 on every single peice in the game with 0 35's to show for it besides one robe so far.

Popped and killed 5FN Madame tonight, Usu 35 hands to show for it. Not a hard fight, and a good solid run so far. Cells seemed to know what we needed though.. so not sure if just a good luck night.

Had rdm and brd stay out of charm range and lullaby melee/bind the madame. Took about 10 min to kill madame with 6 people.

BTW take a bluemage, our blu just spammed Head Butt and the madame never got off a single spell. Entered on Darksday.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Akama

2 melee can typically interrupt her to the point where she never lands a spell anyway ;x

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Aylin Celesse
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir
    WoW Realm
    Hellscream

Still haven't gotten a drop off 5f, and 6f *finally* dropped crown for us the other night (but of course it was the run I wasn't on. asjklasjdlksadjlskdjsakjd). Now we've gotten 1 of each drop from 6f, and a big fat goose egg from 5f.