BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 60 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast
    D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Zhayolm: 1F, 5F, 6F Poroggo Madames Info

It's been about 9 months now since Salvage's release, and not one level 35 armor has been proven to be found in Zhayolm Remnants. It's assumed that the 1st, 5th, and 6th floor Poroggo Madame NM's can drop them.
    *All 35 salvage armor is now accounted for.

This thread is for any info you might have on 1F, 5F, and 6F Poroggo Madames. If you post something about 5F please include if it was north or south. This thread isn't intended for basic advice or questions about Zhayolm Remnants, or Battleclad Chariot. Please try not to ask repetitive questions answered in the OP. The original thread is extremely long and cluttered at this point so here's to hoping some summarization will help.

Some of this info is taken from the original Zhayolm Remnants thread here.

For a summary of all the groups experiences from the original thread see the post here:
    http://www.bluegartr.com/forum/viewto ... start=1620

Zone-wide
    Misc. and Rumored Info-

*Note: On Dec. 21 2006 there was an update saying:
    Numbers of defeated notorious monsters within the Zhayolm Remnants were not counted properly.
    It's ambiguous what this means or if it could have anything to do with spawning the Poroggo Madames.

Floor 1:

Poroggo Madame-
    It seems like there could be a poroggo madame on the 1F according to the .dat files no one has noticed until recently. Unknown how to spawn it. It could be that the .dat list is listed strangely and it is actually one of the 3F north or south madames. If there is a 1F madame no one has been known to spawned it, and it likely wouldn't drop any armor. Defeating it (if it exists) could also help count toward spawning the 6F madame easier.

Floor 5:

Poroggo Madame-

NORTH
    5FN Confirmed to drop: 35 Marduk Body, 35 Skadi Legs, 35 Usukane Hands.
    Fully unlocking 3 party members completely of all pathos has so far spawned the madame 100% of the time. It spawns in the dead end south room at H-7/H-8 in a room with 3 ramparts. It's possible to use cells to unlock and spawn the madame even after entering 5th floor. The 3 ramparts do not aggro at all, but take care not to hit them with AoE damage. The madame has considerable HP, and uses breakga and can use frog chorus more frequently than previous floors NM. Limiting it's TP to a minimum may be a good idea when considering how to deal damage. It will resist all spells of the element of the day you entered salvage, including things like stun, dispel, and poison.

SOUTH
    South madame drops only a crate full of powerful temporary items, and is spawned in a manner similar to north only requiring less people unlocked. Exact amount of party members unlocked is unsure, but one person seems sufficient. It spawns in the dead end north room at H-9/H-8 near 3 ramparts. It's possible to use cells to unlock and spawn the madame even after entering 5th floor. The ramparts don't aggro at all, but take care not to hit them with AoE damage. It will resist all spells of the element of the day you entered salvage, including things like stun, dispel, and poison.

Floor 6:

Poroggo Madame-
    6F madame is confirmed to drop the 35 Morrigan Feet, 35 Ares Feet, and 35 Morrigan Head armor. It is spawned after successfully defeating 4 previous floors NM's. Enemies counted as "NM" include the socket poroggo madame, the slot imp Jakko, and the other floor poroggo madames. Make sure to plan which NM's you prefer to defeat ahead of time if you intend to spawn 6F madame. For instance if you need to include 4F you have to manage your time properly to arrive during its spawned window.

Information found here on Nakano, and Chokorun's blog:
    http://nyankonyanko.x0.com/log/eid618.html
    http://blog.so-net.ne.jp/chokorun/2007-09-27

As I beavered away...
    BG Level

Re: Zhayolm: 5F, 6F Poroggo Madames Summary&Info

You know I was thinking about the 6th floor frog, and I'm sure this has been brought up before, but has anyone tried killing all the enemies in under [7/6/5 etc.] minutes like how you can pop the 2 QQTHs in Arrapago if you clear the floor in under 7 minutes? I didn't see any info stating anyone has tried that so it's worth throwing it out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Waef
    You know I was thinking about the 6th floor frog, and I'm sure this has been brought up before, but has anyone tried killing all the enemies in under [7/6/5 etc.] minutes like how you can pop the 2 QQTHs in Arrapago if you clear the floor in under 7 minutes? I didn't see any info stating anyone has tried that so it's worth throwing it out there.
    There's no WAY anyone will ever clear in under 7 minutes. 15 minutes maybe if you completely own and rape everything on the floor. can maybe get it down to 10 minutes if you have 7 BLM or so ga all the gears on the floor

As I beavered away...
    BG Level

Yeah I didn't necessarily mean 7 minutes but I meant maybe it's a timed thing like Arrapago?

Yeah I didn't necessarily mean 7 minutes but I meant maybe it's a timed thing like Arrapago?
    Yea that's a distinct possibility. If it's timed my money is on 15 minutes, because anything else is too ridiculous.

Did i miss something in the last thread >.>, was it comfired the last 2 QQ pop if clear the floor in 7 min O.o?

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

It could probably use a few more confirmations, but yes it pretty much looks that way. Something like that could be a spawn condition in Zhayolm, 6F qiqirn info is brand new so I don't think anyone has really tried it out yet. The thing about Zhayolm's 5th and 6th floor are there are just so many mobs, a lot of which are sleep immune triple gears.

Hmmm, now that I think about it. Arrapago and Zhayolms 6th floors are almost direct opposites. In Arrapago you enter the floor filled with archaic machinery, when you clear the gears fast enough NM's spawn. Once the door is opened 2 ramparts in the side rooms also spawn. In Zhayolm you enter the floor and it's nearly empty, containing only 2 ramparts and non-aggroing chariot. So maybe if you defeat both ramparts within a set amount of time it can spawn the madame? Divisor and Suiram both posted they killed both ramparts, even before they had a chance to spawn reinforcements however. But maybe it's worth a shot to try to kill both asap after entering the floor Arrapago 6F style.

Tonko

I thought 6th floor Madame was confirmed to pop if someone Flees to door to next floor as soon as you enter the floor?

Quote Originally Posted by Tonko
    I thought 6th floor Madame was confirmed to pop if someone Flees to door to next floor as soon as you enter the floor?
    Nope, 6f madames have never been seen. Either have 5fN.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonko
    You're confusing it with 5F S Madame, which sometimes (i.e. extremely rarely) pops if you flee to the door that leads to the 6th floor, and open it as soon as you enter the 5th floor.

Tonko

Gwar, Tonko is angry.

Quote Originally Posted by Divisortheory
    It's never happened to me. It might have been Suiram that it happened to in this thread. Also happened to some JPs. As far as I can tell all they do is have a thief hit flee, run straight to the end aggroing everything, and open it before they die. Madame somehow pops.
    to look into ^

If all the THF did was aggro mobs could the pop condition possibly be aggro/kill X amount of Archaic Machinery or just Ramparts for 5FS? If it is indeed a multiple of 5 or something then killing 1st through 4th Rampart and the 3F Rampart might be worth looking into.

Trying to scan through the thread to compare/contrast popped and unpopped 5F madames.
    From some JP group that popped posted by Kaylia:
    floor 1:
    puk 4
    rap 4
    bugard 4
    bugard 4
    cockatrice 4
    cockatrice 4
    mamool
    cockatrice 4
    cockatrice 1
    20:30 sec time

floor 2:
    lizard x8 mamool
    wyvern x5
    card NM
    wyvern x4
    lizard x7
    20:30

floor 3:
    enter at 41:00
    24 mamool, 7 dragoon pet, 7 lizard pet
    1 door
    20:30 again

floor 4:
    enter at 61:30
    4 mamool + 1 dragoon pet + 1 lizard pet
    all 8 frogs
    all 4 doors + 1 marid
    20:30 again

floor 5:
    enter at 82:00
    frog is up
    (no drop)

First Floor: 30
    Second Floor: 26
    Third Floor: 25 (39 if you count pets)
    Fourth Floor: 16 (19 if you count pets and marids)
    Total: 97 (114 if you count pets and marids)
    That run popped 5FS madame, 5 Ramparts killed. Only 1 Reinforcment.

Almalexia also posted

Summary of today's run

First floor:
    4 Zenist
    8 Puks
    9 Ziz
    9 Raptor
    12 Bugard

42 mobs total.

Second floor:
    8 Lizards
    1 Savant

51 mobs total.

Third floor:
    4 Zenist
    4 Spearmen
    4 Strapper
    (4 pet wyverns)
    (4 pet lizards)

63 mobs total.

Fourth floor:
    1 Poroggo Madame
    3 Poroggo Gents
    1 Zenist
    1 Bounder
    1 Spearman
    1 Strapper
    (1 pet wyvern)
    (1 pet lizard)
    4 Ramparts

75 mobs total.

Fifth floor:
    20 Archaic Gear
    1 Archaic Chariot
    4 Ramparts
    (3 Slime Molds)

100 mobs total.
    (113 mobs total including all pets and rampart reinforcements)

I thought 100 was a magic number, but arriving at this number while on the fifth floor didn't do the trick. I am also suspicious that the 5F Madames only pop when you arrive at the floor. We don't have any compelling evidence of Madames just showing up out of thin air...

On the plus side, you can farm slime oils from the 5F S reinforcements!
    Alma's run did not pop the Madame, and they also did not kill 3F rampart. It definitely seems to me like the condition is met anywhere in the zone, unlike the pop conditions for the other 4 Madames which are met upon zoning to the floor or killing all of the side of the floor. Still scanning through the other thread, looking for any detailed evidence of it not popping when 5 Ramparts are killed/aggroed. Also analyzing the run that popped Madame mid floor, I believe Suiram was conducting that run. The Rampart was likely linked when the THF fleed through the floor. I believe the differences in 4FN and 4FS could be key to discovering the true pop condition of these Madames.

South 4F ramparts do not depop upon aggroing one, but North 4F ramparts do. This hints you may need to kill more than one to possibly meet a condition of the South madames pop. North ramparts do depop, but killing the wrong one will make you port again to the same floor which is repopped upon porting. Wondering if the port back to same floor is put there so you can meet a condition of killing X mamool to pop the North 5F madame, whereas the South 5F madame is related to number of Archaic Ramparts either aggroed or killed, seeing how in this zone most Ramparts don't aggro could also hint to that aggroing/killing might meet a condition to pop a Madame. There are exactly 11 Ramparts per path South/North of the zone. 1 on 3F, 4 on 4F, 4 on 5F, 2 on 6F. Still trying to scan through the clutter of the original thread for some more info.

Maybe 10 Ramparts aggroed/killed could be a condition for popping 6F madame(s)? Just throwing more thoughts on on the topic. Sorry for long post/wall of text .

er edit: Was a little unclear, Alma's run killed 8 ramparts but did 4 on 4F and then all 3 in Madame spawn room on 5F, I'd assume all 3 linked meaning more than 5 aggroed so the Madame did not pop if it is indeed aggroing/killing 5 Ramparts.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

It seems the runs that pop 5F South Madame are generally entering 50 minutes+ and avoided, did not kill, or did not pop 4F madame.

The last time I did Zhayolm, the 4F South madame dropped a chest full of dusty elixirs(10) and lots of other potion stuff. Leads me to believe that it may just be for boss preparation and that in order to pop 5F South madame, you need to not kill or avoid the 4F South madame.

There's always the possiblity of another trigger assosciated with killing certain mobs, timed condition, etc.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Quote Originally Posted by futceez
    It seems the runs that pop 5F South Madame are generally entering 50 minutes+ and avoided, did not kill, or did not pop 4F madame.

The last time I did Zhayolm, the 4F South madame dropped a chest full of dusty elixirs(10) and lots of other potion stuff. Leads me to believe that it may just be for boss preparation and that in order to pop 5F South madame, you need to not kill or avoid the 4F South madame.

There's always the possiblity of another trigger assosciated with killing certain mobs, timed condition, etc.
    Keep in mind that other nms that drop lvl 35 pieces may also drop chests such as Hammerblow from Silver Sea.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by futceez

I actually think this might be the case. Not one of the groups that has spawned 5FS has killed 4FS on the same run. If 4F and 5F south madames are just meant to drop temp items that help for higher floors, and are somehow tied together this could help explain a lot of the wild differences in each groups results. I don't personally like the idea of an NM on one floor affecting another, because no other example of it exists in salvage. At this point however it's seeming more likely. Maybe the update that fixed counting defeated NM's was in relation to this.

Yes some salvage NM's that drop armor also drop temp item chests, but the fact is no one has had a drop off any one of the south madames. Roughly 15 kills is relatively low if you consider some of the shit drop rates on 35 gear, but I have huge doubts nonetheless.

I'm assuming the 4S is only gonna be for the chest, it's quite possible that no one has gotten a 35 yet due to low drop rates, but I doubt this is the case. Looking at the layout of the zone it's also quite possible that 5FS does not drop 35s either >_<, the 3FN 4FN are the locations of all the 15s in this zone except for the card NM, 3FS drops 5xHP and 5xMP cells, 4FS is only seen to drop a chest thus far, and 5FS I believe has dropped nothing for everyone thats killed (not even chest or cells). Who knows, maybe we are wasting our time with the 5FS madame all together, the 35s may be located on 5FN and 6F madames with each one having a potential loot pool of 3 35s. Any of the south madames dropping armor would ruin the layout of the zone as we know it, so they indeed may not drop anything. Also, anywhere an armor dropping Madame pops, cells do not drop at all or have lower drop rates than the south side. Cells do not drop on 5FN where they do drop on 5FS. The symmetry of the zone provides a clue where 35s can be found.

The theme of the first floor is 50% of the mobs dropping cells, 50% always drop nothing. Could this theme also be among the Poroggo Madames? Half can drop armor where the other half can't? Let's take a look at the Madames in the zone. 2F is the socket NM, drops no armor ofc, 3FS drops HP/MP, 4FS as far as we know only can drop a chest upon killing it. 5FS no one has confirmed to have gotten drops thus far. 3FN drops 15s, 4FN drops 15s, 5FN may drop 35s, 6F may drop 35s.

That gives 8 Poroggo Madames in the zone. 1 on 2F, 2 on 3F, 2 on 4F, 2 on 5F, 1 on 6F. We should start looking more towards 5FN instead of 5FS. Looking at it that way, half can drop armor, while the other half drop nothing/a chest/or cells which does fit the mechanics of the zone.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Yes, the concept of half and half dropping items pretty well summarizes this zone imo. Even if 5FS does drop armor (which I doubt), I would think that 5FN also would drop armor. So either way I see no harm in trying to put more emphasis on 5FN. It can't be that big of a coincidence that no 35 armor have been found, and neither have 5FN and 6F madames.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

Tonight my group tried a few ideas for 5FN and 6F madames. We tried killing both ramparts on 3F, plus the one needed to port up on 4FN. We didn't pop or kill any madames. No 5F pop. We checked just as we entered and I had a blm go in to the room and try aggroing the ramparts with magic, but nothing.

We cleared 6F in 10-15 min, killing chariot first. It took us just under 11 min to kill chariot plus all gears from the moment we ported up, and after it didn't pop we killed both ramparts. No reinforcements from either. Sadly one of our monks d/c'd just after we entered the floor, or we may have managed to kill everything in under 10 min, which is what I'd like to try next time we go here, although that may be a while as I don't think we need anything from boss after todays run.

I honestly have never fought them, but I would like to ask:

First, do the 6f ramparts attack like most, or do they not, like in bhaflau?
    Second, regardless of the first, can the ramparts spawn more than one manticore each?

I had an idea that maybe allowing it to spawn X number of reinforcements might get us somewhere. If read correctly, there are two Madames in the 6F part of the dats, so it would stand to reason that each rampart is somehow connected to one of them?

It will be a while before I can try to test this... our team has been spamming Arrapago reminants trying to get the morrigan's robe peice to drop.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 60 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast