Item Search
     
BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Cerberus
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    412
    BG Level
    4
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

    New furnishing Ngoma (and a little on other furnishings)

    Does anyone know what this furnishing's elemental strength is? I saw one on the AH and it's wind element, which I could use for cooking... but I'm leery about forking out the money for it (it's made with a divine log and buffalo leather.) I

    On a related note, what's up with the new furnishings that use obscenely expensive crafting materials? I had been hoping for a new wind element furnishing for a while so that I can have a Mog House that isn't filled with Wicker Boxes, and it's kind of frustrating to see that when they finally add one it needs Divine Logs. Or how about Bronze Roses or Rook Banners? People definitely don't have other things they might prefer to use Imperial Wootz Ingots and Siren's Hairs for! >.>

    I am tempted to get one of those new Hobby Bos for cuteness factor, though I'd want to know what it looks like first.

  2. #2
    Cerberus
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    428
    BG Level
    4
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

    Re: New furnishing Ngoma (and a little on other furnishings)

    Quote Originally Posted by Seyrr
    I am tempted to get one of those new Hobby Bos for cuteness factor, though I'd want to know what it looks like first.
    viewtopic.php?f=12&t=22734&start=60

  3. #3
    Cerberus
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    412
    BG Level
    4
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

    Re: New furnishing Ngoma (and a little on other furnishings)

    Oh wow, my post is almost totally redundant. Except for the bit about elemental energy.

  4. #4
    Dice and rum
    Not necessarily in that order

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    2,026
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

    Re: New furnishing Ngoma (and a little on other furnishings)

    Quote Originally Posted by Seyrr
    On a related note, what's up with the new furnishings that use obscenely expensive crafting materials?
    Wish I knew, and wish they'd cut it out.

    http://www.hot-hot-hot-catlove.com/f...07-IceLamp.jpg

    Ice lamps. Cost me about 350K to make, and I have two of them. They're not even very strong. *shakes fist at leathercrafting needing ice energy* If these things are going to be so expensive, they should be really really strong.

    (Don't ask me exact numbers, my inventory is such a mess that I can't shuffle things around to test.)

  5. #5
    Cerberus
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    412
    BG Level
    4
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

    Re: New furnishing Ngoma (and a little on other furnishings)

    Quote Originally Posted by ThistleChaser
    (Don't ask me exact numbers, my inventory is such a mess that I can't shuffle things around to test.)
    If the furnishing isn't Ex, you can always send it to a mule and do a quick-and-dirty test with flowerpots. That's what I usually do.

    And yeah, just for style points, I really like those lamps. But jeez, I can think of better uses for pretty much every ingredient. e-peen in the form of furnishings doesn't work very well if no one can ever see your Mog House (screenshots aside).

  6. #6
    Fake Numbers
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    79
    BG Level
    2

    Re: New furnishing Ngoma (and a little on other furnishings)

    Quote Originally Posted by ThistleChaser
    Quote Originally Posted by Seyrr
    On a related note, what's up with the new furnishings that use obscenely expensive crafting materials?
    Wish I knew, and wish they'd cut it out.

    http://www.hot-hot-hot-catlove.com/f...07-IceLamp.jpg

    Ice lamps. Cost me about 350K to make, and I have two of them. They're not even very strong. *shakes fist at leathercrafting needing ice energy* If these things are going to be so expensive, they should be really really strong.

    (Don't ask me exact numbers, my inventory is such a mess that I can't shuffle things around to test.)
    ur house is setup very pimpedly... is that the big one on the wall to the left?

  7. #7
    Dice and rum
    Not necessarily in that order

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    2,026
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

    Re: New furnishing Ngoma (and a little on other furnishings)

    Quote Originally Posted by Seyrr
    e-peen in the form of furnishings doesn't work very well if no one can ever see your Mog House (screenshots aside).
    Quote Originally Posted by Oxx

    ur house is setup very pimpedly... is that the big one on the wall to the left?
    Mog house e-peen points for me! /psych

    (And yeah, that's The Big One on the wall. )

  8. #8

    Re: New furnishing Ngoma (and a little on other furnishings)

    whats that purple orb? O.o

  9. #9
    RIDE ARMOR
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    15
    BG Level
    1
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

    Re: New furnishing Ngoma (and a little on other furnishings)

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackmagik
    whats that purple orb? O.o
    reward for Easter Egg extravaganza. changes colors from blue/pink/orange/purple/etc

  10. #10
    Dice and rum
    Not necessarily in that order

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    2,026
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

    Re: New furnishing Ngoma (and a little on other furnishings)

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackmagik
    whats that purple orb? O.o
    Here's a screenshot I made when they first came out and everyone wanted to know what they looked like:

    http://www.hot-hot-hot-catlove.com/f...JeweledEgg.jpg