+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: NFL Week 2 Picks     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Saint Daahan Von Quitter the 1st
    Patron of Yin

BG Level

NFL Week 2 Picks

Buffalo (0-1) at Pittsburgh (1-0): Provided Big Ben can remain healthy and consistent, I think the Steelers should have a decent season.

Houston (1-0) at Carolina (1-0): Carolina did pretty well in their game against the Rams, but it's not like they were up against a stalwart defense. People say they have the ability to make it to the playoffs if Delhomme can remain constant, but I'm not so sure about that. It's going to be a pretty close call.

New Orleans (0-1) at Tampa Bay (0-1): New Orleans had a really crappy start to the season, but I think it's safe to say their offense will dominate in this game. I don't think that Garcia will be able to match Brees's offense.

Atlanta (0-1) at Jacksonville (0-1): Don't have much to say about this one. Atlanta got rocked in their last game but Joey Harrington played decently in the preseason (but that's just preseason).

Cincinnati (1-0) at Cleveland (0-1): Is Cleveland starting Brady Quinn in this game? Doesn't matter; the Bengals will probably stomp a mudhole in them anyway.

San Fransisco (1-0) at St. Louis (0-1): Just because SF beat Arizona in that 4th quarter cliff-hanger, doesn't mean I expect Alex Smith to be consistent. Both defenses aren't that great, so in the end St. Louis has the much better offense.

Green Bay (1-0) at New York Giants (0-1): A diehard Bears fan picking Green Bay over another team? Blasphemy! Eli is injured and I don't think their 300lb (exaggerating) back-up QB is going to do that well (am I wrong about Lorenzon being the starter for the next month?).

Indianapolis (1-0) @ Tennessee (1-0)

Dallas (1-0) at Miami (0-1): I would like to see Trent Green kick ass like he used to, but sadly I think Dallas will come out on top once again.

Minnesota (1-0) at Detroit (1-0): John Kitna promised at least 10 wins this season; he's gotten one but it was against the Raiders. This one was actually a tough choice for me, but I'm going to pick Minnesota.

Seattle (1-0) at Arizona (0-1)

Kansas City (0-1) at Chicago (0-1)

New York Jets (0-1) at Baltimore (0-1): I haven't been able to find whether or not Steve McNair and Ray Lewis are still injured. If they are I'd say that NYJ has a fighting chance at this game. Even without Lewis though, I still think the Ravens defense is going to mess Chad up.

Oakland (0-1) at Denver (1-0): My QB of the future pick, Jay Cutler, is going to destroy the Raiders.

San Diego (1-0) at New England (1-0): Tom Brady + Randy Moss = dead San Diego.

Washington (1-0) at Philadelphia (0-1)

E. Body
    BG Level

Re: NFL Week 2 Picks

Quote Originally Posted by Daahan
    preview of questionable quality
    I see your preview, and raise you:

Houston Texans @ Carolina Panthers
    The Panthers had a strong outting in week 1, as Delhomme threw for three, and more importantly, DeShaun Foster totaled over 100 yards. True, the success of the ground game came against the St. Louis Rams, but consider that the Carolina defense played against the high-powered Rams offense on the road, and kept them bottled up. I have the Texans as a team that will disrupt the playoff hopes of a number of teams, but I don't think they can get past Carolina on this one. I expect to see more out of Owen Daniels, Jacoby Jones, and Kevin Walter against a suspect Carolina backfield. You know Andre Johnson will get his due. 20-10 Panthers.

Atlanta Falcons @ Jacksonville Jaguars
    If week 1 is an indication of the Jaguars "run-stuffing" defense, then I will seriously question the release of S Donovan Darius. Still, the Falcons don't have a Vince Young on their roster that would keep the Jaguars defense second guessing themselves, and we saw how abysmal they were against a stout Minnesota defense. The Jaguars offense needs to showcase its power running game, that is to say if Del Rio is interested in a job. Rushing 13 times between Drew and Taylor is near blasphemous. The Jaguars RB-duo should find success this week, however, as they face an undersized defensive line further hurt with the loss of DT Roderick Coleman. 23-6 Jaguars.

Indianapolis Colts @ Tennessee Titans
    The Colts and Peyton Manning have historically crushed the Titans, except for last season; Manning arguably put up his worst string of games against Tennessee last season. Still, the Titans defense is nothing to write home about, and the Colts offense looked in sync every snap against the Saints. Peyton will get his win, but it won't be as big as the Saints victory. The Titans are coming off an impressive win against the Jaguars, and the caliber coach that Jeff Fisher is makes it further unlikely that the Colts will run away with this one. If the Titans can avoid letting the ball get into Manning's hands, which is highly possible behind the most underrated offensive line in football, they will keep this game within a score. 20-16 Colts.

San Francisco 49ers @ St. Louis Rams
    The defensive gameplay of the 49ers was extremely impressive against the Cardinals on Monday night. With the critical addition of Clements, the 49ers are given something they haven't had in a long time--two solid veteran cornerbacks. Furthermore, the addition of Patrick Willis through the draft can't be underestimated, as Willis played sideline to sideline against the Cardinals. Coming off a last minute victory, the crowd should be a significant factor against division rival St. Louis. There are still many question marks for the 49ers offense, but you would think they'll dissipate against a poor St. Louis defense. Still, the success of the 49ers comes first with Frank Gore. He torched the Rams for gaudy numbers in both games last season, and the addition of Darrell Jackson -- who has a touchdown in all but one career game against the Rams -- should allow him to have more running room. That is, if Jackson decides to play like an NFL wide out. Despite great improvement along the 49ers defense, the Rams still have a train named Steven in their backfield, and a quarterback who holds the all-time highest yards/game under center. The Rams should be able to keep it close, unless their defense allows a similar performance as Week 1. 28-24 49ers.

Green Bay Packers @ New York Giants
    The Giants undoubtedly had the worst case of the injury bug in Week 1, and the possibility of Lorenzen the Hutt playing against arguably the best CB-tandem in the league spells an 0-2 start for Big Blue. Ward was impressive in light of the injury to Brandon Jacobs, but the showing by the Giants' defense, or lack thereof, spells a big day for Favre and rookie RB Brandon Jackson. If Manning sits, this game has the potential to be a blowout win for the Packers. 27-3 Packers.

Buffalo Bills @ Pittsburgh Steelers
    The Bills exploited the one significant weakness of the Broncos last week--their defensive line. Rookie Marshawn Lynch looked like a promising back in midseason form against the Broncos, but I don't see that success repeating against the Steelers (if it does, he's no doubt the real deal). The Steelers looked good, albeit against the Browns, and will show once again how ineffective the Bills passing game is when Lee Evans is bottled up. Still, to do that is no small feat, and Ike Taylor is an aggressive cornerback that might easily see himself in the dust of speedster Evans. I would be impressed if the Bills kept this game within a touchdown, but the number of questions surrounding their defense don't lean in that direction. 28-10 Steelers.

Cincinnati Bengals @ Cleveland Browns
    If the Bengals can apply the same pressure against the Browns as they did against the Ravens, this game will be over in the first quarter. Let me correct myself...this game will be over in the first quarter. 35-7 Bengals.

New Orleans Saints @ Tampa Bay Buccaneers
    Everyone is looking for Brees & Co. to bounce back after a pitiful performance in week 1. I am confident that will happen. While Joey Galloway will add more impressive statistics to his track record and Pittman will show himself a legitimate candidate for the Buccaneers to approach a RBBC offense, it won't be enough to stop the Saints' march. If, however, the Saints do have a pitiful performance, an unlikely, but possible scenario given their outing in Week 1, I will be at the frontline of people questioning their chance at the playoffs. WRs Colston and Henderson should have a field day with starting CB Brian Kelly out -- the latter of the WR-duo has 3 touchdowns in two games against the Bucs last year. 24-10 Saints.

Minnesota Vikings @ Detroit Lions
    Peterson showed the NFL his potential of being one of the best running backs drafted since the Chargers opted to trade down to the fifth pick of the 2001 draft. However, there are still a number of question marks surrounding him--his Week 1 performance came against an Atlanta defensive line nearly half the size of the monsters manning the Vikings front line. Secondly, if Tarvaris Jackson does not mature into a starting-caliber NFL quarterback, a likely scenario given his proneness to turn the ball over and lack of options at the WR position, one questions how far Minnesota could ride their running game, albeit one shaped to be one of the best this season. Thirdly, Peterson is a hard runner that leaves nothing on the field. While it makes for exciting football, it also opens him up to a number of injuries--not to mention him coming off an injury in the offseason. Still, the Lions should have their hands full with the Vikings offense on the road after giving up ridiculous numbers to Josh McCown and making LaMont Jordan look like Steven Jackson of last year. Offensively, however, the Lions have immense depth at WR, and should find a way to exploit the missing depth among Vikings defensive backs. Still, Antoine Winfield is the 2nd best corner in the league, and his partner in crime Darren Sharper has two consecutive games with interceptions against Kitna and Detroit. Don't expect much out of Tatum Bell, but it's highly possible Kitna gives the Vikings a run for their money. 16-10 Vikings.

Dallas Cowboys @ Miami Dolphins
    This is my upset pick of the week. I know, the Cowboys were an offensive power house, but it came against the Giants. The Dolphins tasted a bitter OT loss last week, and in my opinion, the Redskins are a much more balanced team than the Cowboys. If the Dolphins could keep the Redskins to 16 points, I think they can keep the Cowboys within 20. And after last week's performance, I highly expect the Dolphins to have one of their biggest offensive outtings against a seriously underachieving Cowboys defense. More interesting to me than anything on the field is the matchup between former Chargers offensive coordinator Cam Cameron and former defensive coordinator Wade Phillips. Should be a good one in this week. 23-20 Dolphins.

Seattle Seahawks @ Arizona Cardinals
    Leinart was pathetic against the 49ers defense on the road, and I don't see much improvement against the Seahawks who added Patrick Kerney to the defensive line in the offseason. The loss of starting center Al Johnson will hurt the Cardinals, although Edgerrin James put up two of his best games against the Seahawks last season. Meanwhile, the Seahawks passing offense, now without split end D.J. Hackett, looked pitiful against the Buccaneers, as starting wideout Deion Branch did not even record a catch. This game will come down to a winning field goal, if the Cardinals can hold Alexander within 100 total yards. 17-14 Seahawks.

New York Jets @ Baltimore Ravens
    Nothing to see here folks. Apologies to Jet fans for facing two of the NFL's best defenses in back-to-back weeks. 13-3 Ravens.

Kansas City Chiefs @ Chicago Bears
    Kansas Shitty Chiefs against the Bears? On the road? 20-0 Bears.

Denver Broncos @ Oakland Raiders
    I fully expect the Denver Broncos to go into their bye week having allowed only 2 passing touchdowns. They'll make up for it by giving plenty on the ground. Still, the Raiders have had minimal success in recent history against the Broncos, and that will continue here, as they will total less than 250 yards of offense. Expect another big day from Travis Henry, and his first of 12 rushing touchdowns, each of which will be dedicated to one of his baby's mamas. 24-9 Broncos.

San Diego Chargers @ New England Patriots
    A grudge match following the exciting playoff bout between the teams last season. Expect everything from L.T., because the only thing that will stop him come Sunday is an injury. Brady and the Patriots had their way with the Jets last week, as Brady was only hit once the entire course of the game while in the pocket--and even then he completed the pass. Still, you can't compare the pass rush between the Jets and the Chargers. The Chargers' questionable backfield should look better given that the Patriots will find no running room and their hands full with Merriman and Phillips attacking from the outside. I doubt the Chargers with Rivers under center will allow the Patriots to have such long possessions as they did in week 1, and now the NFL is a bit more prepared for Randy Moss. This is unquestionably the game of the week. 24-21 Chargers.

Washington Redskins @ Philadelphia Eagles
    As an Eagles fan, I hate to admit that McNabb looked a whole lot like Culpepper last year. They had the same injury, and his play in week 1 (albeit against an up-and-rising Green Bay defense) was indicative that the knee is bothering him, moreso mentally than physically. The Eagles defense will be without Lito Sheppard. Normally, this would spell a big day for Santana Moss, however, the Redskins just lost their best offensive linesman for the year, RT Jon Jansen, so fully expect heavy pressure led by Jevon Kearse and Trent Cole. The NFL has blessed us with two great primetime matchups this week. 20-17 Eagles.

That took a lot longer than I expected...

Blargh, sorry I didn't see this thread, repost from the week 1 thread, thanks for the head's up Tyr

JACKSONVILLE over atlanta
    Think Jax is home team, which is only rationalizing I needed.

PITTSBURGH over buffalo
    I'm a huge homer, but even I couldn't justify picking the bills agains the steelers in p-burg

CINCINNATI over cleveland
    duh

NY GIANTS over green bay
    the sketchy quarterbacking will make this one a crapshoot

CAROLINA over houston
    I actually struggled with this one, but I'm not willing to give houston two in a row

INDIANNAPOLIS over tennessee
    pretty much a no-brainer

NEW ORLEANS over tampa bay
    The saints O better not lay another egg, not agains this team

ST LOUIS over san fransisco
    Another not-so-easy pick, I think sanfran is better than what they showed on monday

DALLAS over miami
    I hate both teams, but I love hating miami more, plus they suck.

MINNESOTA over detroit
    gogo adrian peterson! My fantasy team is counting on ya!

SEATTLE over arizona
    lolcardinals

CHICAGO over kansas city
    I watched two episodes of hard knocks or whatever and came away thinking that the chiefs were going to struggle, Bears defense ftw.

BALTIMORE over ny jets
    Apparrently hand signals are the key >.>

DENVER over oakland
    Denver put up sick offense last week, Buf's special teams was the only thing keeping them in the game.

NEW ENGLAND over san diego
    I can't wait to watch this game! Fireworks on both offenses!

monday

PHILADELPHIA over washington
    I really think philly will play better, this city will rip them apart if they don't, sports fans are cruel in this city.
    49total points on monday

Edit: Daahan, great minds think alike!

The Buffalo Bills are incredibly SCREWED this season. I can't believe I have season tickets (only $400 tho). The tailgating is real fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Norelco
    The Buffalo Bills are incredibly SCREWED this season. I can't believe I have season tickets (only $400 tho). The tailgating is real fun.
    Seriously, our linebackers are dropping like flies. At least you can always count on buffalo to have at least a few heart attack inducing last second losses per season. The denver game was a perfect example of how buffalo can play their hearts out and stay in it for the entire game, only to find some way to lose at the end.

An Efficient Consumption Bundle
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elyise Thierremont
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Muradin

Looks like my Seahawks are up for a boring match this weekend.

Chargers vs. Patriots looks like the game to watch though, should be a good fight.

The Sig...
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Cardinals will win for sure!

An Efficient Consumption Bundle
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elyise Thierremont
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Muradin

Just checked the schedule at NFL.com and the Chargers/Pats game is the Sunday Night showdown. Guess I'm eating supper in front of the the TV this weekend.

The Mizzle Fizzle of Nikkei's Haremizzle

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Buffalo (0-1) at Pittsburgh (1-0): Provided Big Ben can remain healthy and consistent, I think the Steelers should have a decent season.

Houston (1-0) at Carolina (1-0): Carolina did pretty well in their game against the Rams, but it's not like they were up against a stalwart defense. People say they have the ability to make it to the playoffs if Delhomme can remain constant, but I'm not so sure about that. It's going to be a pretty close call.

I agree. The Panthers will stomp the shit out of lolHouston, but you hit it right on the head Daahan; Fuck Jake

Quote Originally Posted by Mizango

I agree. The Panthers will stomp the shit out of lolHouston, but you hit it right on the head Daahan; Fuck Jake
    Put in Carr already

The Mizzle Fizzle of Nikkei's Haremizzle

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Koyuki
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizango

Put in Carr already
    Amen!

I dont' care who wins as long as my fantasy players do well.

The Optimistic Asshole
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

Buffalo (0-1) at Pittsburgh (1-0):

Houston (1-0) at Carolina (1-0):

New Orleans (0-1) at Tampa Bay (0-1):

Atlanta (0-1) at Jacksonville (0-1):

Cincinnati (1-0) at Cleveland (0-1):

San Fransisco (1-0) at St. Louis (0-1):

Green Bay (1-0) at New York Giants (0-1):

Indianapolis (1-0) @ Tennessee (1-0)

Dallas (1-0) at Miami (0-1):

Minnesota (1-0) at Detroit (1-0):

Seattle (1-0) at Arizona (0-1)

Kansas City (0-1) at Chicago (0-1)

New York Jets (0-1) at Baltimore (0-1):

Oakland (0-1) at Denver (1-0):

San Diego (1-0) at New England (1-0): (Note: I call an absolute route of NE in this game)

Washington (1-0) at Philadelphia (0-1)

E. Body
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Tyche
    Picks
    Miami and Arizona both pulling the upset? I like. I might say the same for the latter too, seeing as how apparently Alexander practiced with a cast on his hand.

The Optimistic Asshole

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

Arizona has had some of the NFLs best drafts for, like, the past 5 years lol. They gotta be good at some damn point. I don't really think Miami will be an upset. They always win games they shouldn't and lose games they should win. I'd almost guarantee they beat NE at least once.

Demosthenes11

I don't understand how you can call a route of NE...

Offense: NE is one of the tops in the league, only downside is a questionable running game, but it always has fresh legs with a wide array of RB to change in and out.

Defense: NE is one of the tops in the league, even without Seymoure and Harrison.

NE is better in both facets... why are they going to lose again?

Quote Originally Posted by Tristam
    The denver game was a perfect example of how buffalo can play their hearts out and stay in it for the entire game, only to find some way to lose at the end.
    LOL, spoken like only a true Buffalo fan knows how. Well done.

The Optimistic Asshole

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes11
    I don't understand how you can call a route of NE...

Offense: NE is one of the tops in the league, only downside is a questionable running game, but it always has fresh legs with a wide array of RB to change in and out.

Defense: NE is one of the tops in the league, even without Seymoure and Harrison.

NE is better in both facets... why are they going to lose again?
    Offense is a wash. SD has the best TE and the best RB in the game. NE has a great QB and 1 great reciever (and a couple of good ones).

Defense goes to SD by far lol.

The only really huge advantage NE has is coaching. lol@belichick btw. Cost NE a first round draft pick. Good thing they have 2.

Demosthenes11

are you fucking serious? lol

The Optimistic Asshole

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

Amifuckingwrong?

Go ahead and pull last years stats to justify your point though, you know, when the pats HAD harrison and seymore and SD was missing their best defensive palyer for a quarter of the season.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast