+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: The Innate Ability Thread     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Re: The Innate Ability Thread

Where are the Zhayolm Apkallus, anyway? I've been going to the Emperors, and out of maybe 20 stacks of plates, I've only gotten 3 Attack Speed Bonus and 2 Attack Speed +50 plates. Neither of them gave me Attack Speed Bonus as an innate.

Quote Originally Posted by Khamsin
    Where are the Zhayolm Apkallus, anyway? I've been going to the Emperors, and out of maybe 20 stacks of plates, I've only gotten 3 Attack Speed Bonus and 2 Attack Speed +50 plates. Neither of them gave me Attack Speed Bonus as an innate.
    The cliff area closest to the staging point, J-8 to L-8

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Take the Halvung Staging point. Go out and hug the left wall until you hit a cave (like where many people exp in the 60s) follow this through and youll see a swarm of the Apkallus. From my experience you get better plates (better being higher FP) if you do not photo the same mob over and over again but switch between the many. Let me know results please.

Sagacious Sundi

I think you get to the area with the Z. Apkallu from escaping in Halvung, but using the staging point is probably quicker, but not as safe. (Which shouldn't be a problem, though.)

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

That's what I do with the Emperors. I've burned almost 20 stacks of plates on them, getting a couple (successful) shots of each VT Apkallu in turn, ignoring the Ts. I have noticed, however, that when I do get a rare plate like Wind Attack Bonus or Attack Speed Bonus, it's from the same Apkallus as I got those plates from the last time I was there. Namely, the 2-3 that hang out by the ??? in the middle of the Emperor coastline. None of the other Apkallus along there ever gave me anything special, and I always take an even spread of pictures.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Kujata
    WoW Realm
    Stormscale

Anyone know what kind of innates I can get with a Detector? Thinking of making one my 2nd monster, but search function didn't come up with any useful info.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by djriceyes
    Anyone know what kind of innates I can get with a Detector? Thinking of making one my 2nd monster, but search function didn't come up with any useful info.
    Not sure, but I was thinking of playing with whatever has the highest FP total. Anyone recall what has the most FP? Was it Chigoe?

Banned.
    Account locked at request of user.

BG Level

Not sure, but I was thinking of playing with whatever has the highest FP total. Anyone recall what has the most FP? Was it Chigoe?
    detector

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Priran
    detector
    yuh, detector has the most. And, if you use a Motherglobe plate you will start as RDM/BLM instead of just RDM.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Also, forgot to mention. Skeletons gain 1 FP every level. So they do not start with the most but get to be one of the highest. Also I think they are the only mob that uses 2-handed weapon inherently. I might mess around with one if I had not jsut gotten my Apkallu with Attack Speed Bonus.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I was playing around with some Detector ideas like:

Phalanx + Stoneskin + Ensomething (87 FP)
    Stoneskin + Terrorizing Attack (87 FP)

But if they're RDMs, that might not be such a good idea if they'll spend most of their time casting shit.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

But if they're RDMs, that might not be such a good idea if they'll spend most of their time casting shit.
    Lets think here. I would suggest a defense setup maybe with regain, but I do not know if detectors use WS at all. Really it might be worth while to equip with Black Magic scrolls and some MAB etc. Drain can be devestating. I have not seen very many effective mages but if you went Stoneskin/Phalanx for 40. Then you could go maybe give a spheroid the longevity to do some good damage with Magic Attack Bonus and Black Magic scrolls. Total 87FP. Might start out weak but as the magic attack, stoneskin, and phalanx level as does the mob.... I mean even a Thunder 2 would be brutal in Pank, yet alone of it reaches any tier 3 spells. Thoughts?

My Wife has a Battering Ram that came with Resist Gravity.

I have a Young Opo-Opo that came with Store TP.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Makayann

Lets think here. I would suggest a defense setup maybe with regain, but I do not know if detectors use WS at all. Really it might be worth while to equip with Black Magic scrolls and some MAB etc. Drain can be devestating. I have not seen very many effective mages but if you went Stoneskin/Phalanx for 40. Then you could go maybe give a spheroid the longevity to do some good damage with Magic Attack Bonus and Black Magic scrolls. Total 87FP. Might start out weak but as the magic attack, stoneskin, and phalanx level as does the mob.... I mean even a Thunder 2 would be brutal in Pank, yet alone of it reaches any tier 3 spells. Thoughts?
    I haven't seen it tried yet, but a NIN/something after 40 with a combination of defensive and magic attack could be pretty interesting. I don't know of any default mainjob NIN mobs with high FP though.

Banned.

BG Level

NIN seems like a crapshoot. I've seen NINs that spammed nukes and got themselves killed by triggering sneak attack every 5 seconds, and I've seen NINs that beat mobs that they never could have otherwise (not like, a chigoe a level higher, I've seen a Roc with a 3 level disadvantage beat a wivre).

Electric Six groupie
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jayne Barsala
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia

Went out to do more Wivre testing.

Got some new results:

Dmg Resistance Bonus gave : Dmg Resistance Bonus innate and Store TP

A Vermin Killer gave : Vermin Killer and Auto-Regain

A Defense Bonus gave : Auto-Regain

Leveling up the first one, might try the 2nd one later.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Jaybar

Got some new results:

Yeah that first one seems pretty good. The Dmg Resistance is 38, and store TP is 47. That is monsterous. I mean that is a free 85 FP not to mention all good skills to have on a defensive mob. I would have given anything for my Apkallu to have Attack speed bonus and something like HP+15 or attack attack or accuracy bonus. He does have Magic attack bonus but what good does that do on an apkallu... Take that wivre and run with him, he can be CHAMP :D

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Jaybar

Got some new results:

u can get 2 skills free? wow I'm gonna have to try some more wivre plates then my one with just free dmg resistance bonus is doing great.

Banned.

BG Level

so apparently there's a 6-skill limit? I'm trying to add another skill to a mob with twice as many points available as the plate costs, and 6 skills including 1 innate, but the guy tells me I can't add any more without removing a skill first.

Banned.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Priran
    so apparently there's a 6-skill limit? I'm trying to add another skill to a mob with twice as many points available as the plate costs, and 6 skills including 1 innate, but the guy tells me I can't add any more without removing a skill first.
    There goes my chigoe with every killer effect plan.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast