Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 64 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 ... LastLast
    Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Re: Einherjar: Valgrind (Odin's Chamber)

Quote Originally Posted by terraflarex
    Quote Originally Posted by Loziel
    lol, seriously im just curious and have never used windower so had to ask. Bind is always Red and Songs are always light blue on my system, I dont want to derail the thread or anything. Is it a mod?
    sorry wasn't reading for a while (blasphemy I know.)

Yea it's brandson mods as far as I know, or maybe my pc sucks..

Sorry about the semi lame quality on the video but I dont think you guys want to spend 2 days d/ling the 2GB one...
    For something that's 18min long and 55meg, the quality is pretty fucking good. Log is legible, that's the important thing.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

When you have Aegis, Hauteclaire, Defending Ring, Koenig, and more than one Gjallarhorn you can definitely afford to tank almost anything PLD/WAR.

ApkalluVendetta recently attained a Gjallarhorn and its a struggle to blow more than half your MP while tanking HNMs, it was borderline boring duo tanking Khimaira with a PLD and RDM. Throw the elite PLD gear that Sinus and those of Apathy have and in all honesty it will give you the same results as a PLD/NIN. With warrior sub, you'll get hit for a moderate amount of damage and Cure 3 or 4 it back in a matter of seconds, retaining a similar hate level to ninja sub. The distinct advantage to warrior sub though is obviously provoke.

It is by no means "stupid".

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Belkin
    ..yet we get grief for it all the time on this board. Maybe now people can start to see things from our perspective on the matter.

terraflarex

Both /WAR and /NIN are usable.. not sure why this debate continues.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I believe it is a combination of envy and habit. People love their Utsusemi and they will defend it to death. Also not every LS can have the relics that Apathy does. Most LS's are lucky to have 1 relic, let alone multiple Aegis's and Gjallarhorns...

But hell, if you have the resources, I'm all for the use of PLD/WAR.

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

Who gives a flying fuck? They won, so it's not like they did something wrong.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

So Defender shaves damage from 350-490 down to 140...gotcha.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by NynJa
    No, good support, good gear, etc does.

Banned.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Narse
    Quote Originally Posted by Belkin
    ..yet we get grief for it all the time on this board. Maybe now people can start to see things from our perspective on the matter.
    Go head switch the style up
    If the niggas hate then let 'em hate
    Watch the money pile up

Narse, why are you so defensive to the point of becoming obnoxious? If it works for you, why do you even give a crap what other people say?

When I said "Aside from defender, the rest of that can be done with /NIN. 25% defense doesn't reduce 75% of the damage.", it was not actually in argument of /WAR vs /NIN, it was trying to understand what could possibly reduce damage from 400 a hit to 150 a hit, and I have yet to understand that. Phalanx2 is ~21 a hit at most, they were using pro-V according to him vs your pro-IV, your tank was wearing 17% damage mitigation compared to his none, and 25% defense increase.. that is still not enough to account for 250 damage a hit difference.

Since you posted screenshots, I can only imagine that the other person was probably remembering incorrectly.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Then why did you write this....?

That's quite a drastic difference between our /WAR tank and yourself. That should really make idiots like TB shut up. I mean, Aegis tank /NIN is taking blocked hits that are 30 damage more than our tank's UNBLOCKED hits. For comparison on setup, Sinus was using -17% in physical reduction (hauteclaire and d. ring, I think he was using shadow ring as his 2nd ring but it's possible it could've been jelly ring, and it looks like AF on his feet as opposed to Askar in the video), /WAR (defender), Tav. tacos, and phalanx 2, Pro IV the majority of the fight (didn't want WHMs running in and getting hit with AoE to redo Protect/Shell). And no I'm not talking out my ass on the damage he was taking, I'll dig up the SSs in a min.
    99% of people don't have relics in that kind of quantity so your strat probably isn't gonna work for the rest of the curious world.

Quote Originally Posted by Hapernack

That's quite a drastic difference between our /WAR tank and yourself. That should really make idiots like TB shut up. I mean, Aegis tank /NIN is taking blocked hits that are 30 damage more than our tank's UNBLOCKED hits. For comparison on setup, Sinus was using -17% in physical reduction (hauteclaire and d. ring, I think he was using shadow ring as his 2nd ring but it's possible it could've been jelly ring, and it looks like AF on his feet as opposed to Askar in the video), /WAR (defender), Tav. tacos, and phalanx 2, Pro IV the majority of the fight (didn't want WHMs running in and getting hit with AoE to redo Protect/Shell). And no I'm not talking out my ass on the damage he was taking, I'll dig up the SSs in a min.
    99% of people don't have relics in that kind of quantity so your strat probably isn't gonna work for the rest of the curious world.
    Some guy randomly bashed from for /war tanking a few pages back, he was just stating that it works well for them. He didn't say that everyone should use it.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Hapernack

I don't care about 'the rest of the curious world'. The point is, that we have the ability to make /WAR work where a lot of other LSes don't, and we get idiots all the time on this board going "lolApathy tanks Tiamat and Khimaira with /WAR that's sad! They must not be able to manage utsusemi timers", which is just retarded. I'm just trying to show, at least for us, that /WAR is effective.

As far as differences between this /NIN tank and our /WAR tank, Delekii, there's also a drastic difference in DEF/VIT in gear (Sinus generally wears Kaiser head/hands/legs, Ares body, Gallant Leggings +1, vs. the turban/AF2 or Ares body/homam hands/legs/feet that most /NIN tanks will be wearing). Also, he was eating tacos (+150 DEF cap) whereas the /NIN tank was eating Carbonara (attack food with +150HP, I don't quite understand this one myself, I'd use Pescatora if I'm going for +HP). I imagine the DEF difference between these two is a lot more severe than just 25%, and the VIT on Sinus is prolly close to 60 more than the /NIN tank.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Delekii
    Since you posted screenshots, I can only imagine that the other person was probably remembering incorrectly.
    I don't have SS but friend in LS might have some, I do have video of fight though. I upload on stage6 quality kinda joke but still can do the job, have fun!

http://stage6.divx.com/user/Lothlorien/ ... 's-Chamber

those 450ish dmg kinda rare, mostly did around 350-400.

I'm no tank but isn't /DRK more effective for hate than /WAR, especially if you have such a big MP pool with a gjallarhorn?

23 years old
    Rating: total douchebag

BG Level

For hate yes, for damage mitigation no, hence why it's generally only used on mobs that can't clock you physically (ouryu and JoL). Defender does play into it significantly, I find any /NIN who isn't using some defense based food (even if they need HP then they should be using pescatora, otherwise a taco's fine) is about as retarded as it gets though.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Leeto
    I'm no tank but isn't /DRK more effective for hate than /WAR, especially if you have such a big MP pool with a gjallarhorn?
    Like Ryko said, it may be good for hate, but it doesn't do anything for keeping you alive. I play with /DRK on occasion (generally JoL), and even /BLM every once in a blue moon for city dynamis (and a few events where I forgot to change subjob, haha).

Tom Wilson will never be good.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zero Star
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Actually people were just bashing your LS for the asshole comments some of your members made and it turned into something else. Obviously, when you have 4 Aegis, 2 GHorns, and w/e other random Relics you have you can do w/e you want. Then you have the retards in your shell who make stupid comments based on their LS with an assload of Relics and people and try to act like everyone should do what you do without the Relics. Nobody cares what you use and you can use whatever works for you, just tell your idiot members like avergee not to make retarded comments to people that don't work for normal LSes.

It's great you can use /war, your LS has done some crazy shit. Just curb your idiot egotistical members and tell them to shut their mouths.

Kaeko
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

That must be a really famous LS b/c this is like the 4th really important, groundbreaking topic on BG I've seen that's been derailed into an argument about said LS.

Thanks for all the Odin screenshots and vids for those that have won. I'd be interested in hearing more about how your LSs are run (attendence, item distribution, dealing with people missing runs, etc.). To me, the logistical issues are by far the biggest problem in Einherjar - not the act of doing Einherjar itself.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

If you really wanna discuss it PM me an AIM or MSN contact and I'll talk to you about it.