+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Would you relive your high school years for $50,000,000?

After the attention my music thread got, I decided to be a little more creative and offer a more complex and superfluous scenario for the same amount of money, except with a bigger catch.

There are no loopholes, there is no shooting people and running off with the money(hi2uBRP) this is just a hypothetical scenario in which the following could happen in reality.

1) The day is today's date and the time you goto bed tonight, while falling asleep you hear a voice inside your head and it offers you $50,000,000 if you relive your high school years with no knowledge of doing so, so you couldn't mess around knowing you'd be receiving the money. You cannot drop out, get expelled, etc or you just wake up the next morning as if nothing happened.

2) If you agree you to the deal you wake up the morning that you start your freshman year and you have no idea you've been sent back in time, all you need to do is graduate.

3) On Graduation night, when you fall asleep, you will wake up on the morning after you made the deal with the voice in your head in some hotel in your city, the catch is, the world has moved on 4 years without you. You remember the voice in your head, the deal you made with it, and reliving high school, but you come to realize that your family, friends, co-workers, or other people you knew will have no idea who you are, it's as if you were never born.

4) After realizing that nobody knows who you are, realizing that you've been duped in exchange for fortune. The voice in your head tells you to reach in your pocket. You reach in and pull out a slip of paper with a bank account # on it with your name on it. You figure you have nothing better to do than to goto the bank and investigate and you find out it has a $50,000,000 balance.

5) Upon being asked by the teller if you would like to make a withdrawal, the voice you made the deal with asks if you would like to either keep the money and live as if you were never born, or simply wake up as if it never offered you anything in the first place.

Do you accept the deal to start out with, completely unfamiliar of conditions 3, 4, and 5? If no, then explain why?
    If you do accept, what will you choose upon reaching condition #5? Fortune or an identity?

Love-God among men.
    BG Level

Re: Would you relive your high school years for $50,000,000?

Uh, topic is "Would you relive your high school years for $50,000,000" not "Would you erase yourself from all existence for $50,000,000."

Waking up for classes at 7AM is so 3 years ago, pass.

The point is that you were tricked by the voice inside your head, the deal was fabricated...but then again with condition #5 you have the option of giving up the money for getting your identity back.

Hayleystrator
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by thestalkmore
    Uh, topic is "Would you relive your high school years for $50,000,000" not "Would you erase yourself from all existence for $50,000,000."
    Rofl, no kidding.

Answer would be HELL NO.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Are you serious? Hell no.

And even if I did, I would then choose to get my life back over the 50 million in the bank, if that's what you're ultimately asking.

Never rub another man's rhubarb.
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

I would do it in a heartbeat. I'm a little confused by what you meant about fame or an identity regarding condition 5. Would the fame be coming from the fact that you have $50,000,000.00?

I'd do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyro
    I would do it in a heartbeat. I'm a little confused by what you meant about fame or an identity regarding condition 5. Would the fame be coming from the fact that you have $50,000,000.00?
    sorry fixed, meant fortune not fame

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Why would you be famous because you have 50million? >.>

Conejita's Jolly
    Chaparrita's Dulce
    Trigger warning: Fuck your feelings.

BG Level

Wait, I'd still remember them, is just that they wouldn't know who the hell I am, no?

If that's the case, then: I'd do it, it doesn't matter if others don't remember me. Yeah, it'd be a bitch, but I'd help my family, loved ones, people in need, etc. in one way or another...

Highschool was fucking hell for me so..

Fuck no

What about foreign exchange shit like I did? The only way I made it though high school was to skip 2.5 years of it.

i'm awesome.
    BG Level

I miss High School, I'd do it all over again and take the 50 mil no problem. It'd suck for awhile but I mean 50 mil come on that's alot of money ><

The Optimistic Asshole
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

If I could have my daughter, id do it no fucking question. Otherwise nope

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I'd do it just for the money.

Money can't buy you happiness, but it could buy me a better life that in live atm...

Hell I'd pay $50,000,000 to relive high school. Those were by far the best 4 years of my life (High school started in Grade 9 where I live I didn't fail a grade lol).

I'd totally do it, high school really wasn't that bad, and I hate my current job... I'd gladly get out of it, ha ha. Sometimes I seriously miss high school, it was actually a lot of fun. 50 mil is certainly nothing to sneeze at, and I keep to myself pretty much, so the loss of friends as a consequence is something I could deal with np. Only part that I would consider not doing it on is the loss of family, while I may not talk to most of my family that often, they're still a pretty important part of my life in the end.

And even then, if I still remember my family (but not them me) I could find ways to insert myself into their lives, maybe not as a son/brother/etc., but I'm a grown adult, so I'm at that age where it's more of a friendship with family anyhow.

So yeah, I'd do it in a heartbeat

I scored 4 touchdowns in a single game at polk high, fuck yeah i'd do it over.

I'd do it too. High school was a breeze for me.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast