Closed Thread
Page 51 of 59 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 ... LastLast
    Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Re: Dear Ganiman, Gahoo, Mierin, and Wikia

All those IRC screenshots are missing irc.windower.net

and who says irc died in the 90's?!?! IRC is still the best chatting protocol.

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Dirian, have you ever thought that there are 2 view points?

1. My legal viewpoint which was basicly trying to point out where people may see problems if they pursued a legal course.

2. My personal viewpoint, which as I learn more can change. I don't view "don't let the community know this" to mean he's a greedy fuck as people like to imply. I have admitted, however, that I can see people's anger at the $2300 however personally, I would like to hear from Gani directly, because I could see instances of justification, that is all. Is wanting to hear from Gani so freaking outrageous?

All that may not have came out in initial posts, but that's why when I sit down and write something for a class or a job I usually go through a few drafts and clean up my train of thought, which at times can be quite erradic (sp?).

And Diri I know we have bad blood but before our confrontations I had, and still have, respect for you. I am willing to conceed the faffnir being able to flail because I noticed it first hand for a change on a Vrtra fight, but up until then I never had any reason to believe what you were spouting just based on "I'm in Frenzy listen to me." But that is prob a moot consession because you prob still hate the hell out of me :/

23 years old
    Rating: total douchebag

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kaslo
    1) You're an idiot
    2) Your viewpoint

Nope, only counting 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Aikar
    All those IRC screenshots are missing irc.windower.net

and who says irc died in the 90's?!?! IRC is still the best chatting protocol.
    I wish I could use IRC at work :/

I would like to hear from Gani directly
    You did hear from him directly: he lied to us and claimed that there was no funds missing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryko
    1) You're an idiot
    2) Your viewpoint

Nope, only counting 2.
    Agree. So did gani suck you off to get you to stand up for him even though he has been proven a liar?

2. My personal viewpoint, which as I learn more can change. I don't view "don't let the community know this" to mean he's a greedy fuck as people like to imply. I have admitted, however, that I can see people's anger at the $2300 however personally, I would like to hear from Gani directly, because I could see instances of justification, that is all. Is wanting to hear from Gani so freaking outrageous?
    I think this is a big reason why people are flaming you. No, of course it's not outrageous to want to hear a response from Ganiman... in fact, that's what everyone's been asking for this whole time. But Ganiman refuses to give a reasonable explanation. A few pages back (I'm too lazy atm to reference the actual post) someone referenced an irc log where Ganiman was asked about the missing funds and he refused to answer and closed the chat. It's understandable that you want to be optimistic and hope that he has a reasonable explanation, but he's making no effort to provide that explanation. He's even going out of his way to avoid giving any reason to forgive him, which is why nobody but you believes he has a good explanation for what happened with the money. You can continue to have faith that he'll redeem himself, but personally I say he's been given a chance and if he refuses to say anything then that's reason enough for me to believe there was wrong doing.

It's not just that they've said nothing, they've lied to us. Mieren posted a "cooked" account of the fundraiser money which conveniently didn't mention the fact that it had all been spent and Gil was covering for the missing amount.

When someone lies to my face, I tend to lose faith in their honesty.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Priran
    Quote Originally Posted by Taj
    New user registration on your blog euphidime.com:

Username: gil

E-mail: [email protected]
    ah c'mon taj, he needs this!

http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/8046/gilaq1.gif
    haha that is perfect!

Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Obiron
    I think this is a big reason why people are flaming you. No, of course it's not outrageous to want to hear a response from Ganiman... in fact, that's what everyone's been asking for this whole time. But Ganiman refuses to give a reasonable explanation. A few pages back (I'm too lazy atm to reference the actual post) someone referenced an irc log where Ganiman was asked about the missing funds and he refused to answer and closed the chat. It's understandable that you want to be optimistic and hope that he has a reasonable explanation, but he's making no effort to provide that explanation. He's even going out of his way to avoid giving any reason to forgive him, which is why nobody but you believes he has a good explanation for what happened with the money. You can continue to have faith that he'll redeem himself, but personally I say he's been given a chance and if he refuses to say anything then that's reason enough for me to believe there was wrong doing.
    Hmmm it seems to me (as I take from the timestamp from the OP) that this has only been "outted" for 2 days. That's the main reason I don't believe a couple of "confrontational conversations" are a valid way of asking him, because at the moment everything is so crazy. He may be trying to let things calm down. I may try contacting him myself, because he will obviously not want to talk to people involved in crucifying him, and with good reason imo.

On the other note, do you guys really see all the "don't tell the community" stuff in the first few screens of the OP as bad things. Most of it is information the community didn't really need to know. Like the fact he may have a deal for the t-shirts/mouse pads? I think that he was just trying to maximize the earning potential for the fundraiser.

Another is the not wanting to sell out without a good price tag. I see a valid arguement in his posts that prob aren't looked at because thier not bolded. It seems he didn't want to be absorbed into wikia and make them money for nothing (or next to nothing) if his program and community are making the business money he seems to want to get his admins and himself due payment.

But idk. This is just somethings I saw people argueing against, when I can side with Gani on these two issues.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

I think that he was just trying to maximize the learning potential for the fundraiser.
    Holy fuck...

Your brain is broken when what you conclude is the least likely scenario.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Nuh uh.

On the other note, do you guys really see all the "don't tell the community" stuff in the first few screens of the OP as bad things.
    You mean when we said "Hey Ganiman, did you embezzle the fundraiser money?" and he lied to us?

Yes, that's pretty bad in my opinion.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

MAXIMIZE YOUR LEARNING POTENTIAL

Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by aurik
    On the other note, do you guys really see all the "don't tell the community" stuff in the first few screens of the OP as bad things.
    You mean when we said "Hey Ganiman, did you embezzle the fundraiser money?" and he lied to us?

No, I was meaning the "This stuff cost this much" for donation rewards. I don't expect to know how much stuff I buy cost the store I bought them from, ya know?

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

since Diverse got a song i thought ganiman needed one too

Barrett Strong---Money (That's What I Want) ganiman Ver.

The best things in life are free
    But you can keep 'em for the birds and bees;

Now give me money, (All your money) that's what I want,
    (Donations are the way to go) That's what I want (Gil is gonna save me) yeah,
    That's what I want.

My karma gives me such a thrill,
    But my karma don't pay my bills;

(refrain)

Money don't get everything it's true,
    What it don't get I can't use;

(refrain)

Well, now give me money, (That's what I want)
    A lotta money, (the $15,000 from the fund raiser is going far)
    Oh yeah, I wanna be free, (Gil is gonna save my ass when its all gone)
    Oh, lotta money, (no lawsuits are gonna be filed)
    That's what I want (Money) yeah,
    That's what I want.

Well, now give me money, (Wika bought us for how much? lol)
    A lotta money, (We still take donations here)
    Wo, yeah, You need money (Who needs karma when you got money)
    Gimme money, (That's what I want)
    That's what I want (That's what I want)
    That's what I want.

Fin

I obviously didn't read the entire thread.

OK, I can't believe anything but you're trying to play devil's advocate and you're horribly misinformed about everything. Seriously everyone's just regurgitating stuff that's already been said 1 to 5 times, that's why you're pissing people off and getting flamed.

You really think two days isn't enough time for a response? At all????

And another thing, noone has a problem with him getting paid. It's the fact that the donators subsidized his holdout from wiki. Get that fact through your skull. Noone has a problem with him screwing up the gifts for donators, that just makes him an idiot, there are plenty of idiots around...but this is juuuuust a liiiiitle different.

We have a problem with the impetus for the fundraiser and the "oops lost money" grand finale. How many times are we going to say this?!

Holy shit.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

I don't expect to know how much stuff I buy cost the store I bought them from, ya know?
    What?

No, I was meaning the "This stuff cost this much" for donation rewards. I don't expect to know how much stuff I buy cost the store I bought them from, ya know?
    You also don't fund your local store with donations.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I think you are taking the learning potential of this thread for granite.

Closed Thread
Page 51 of 59 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 ... LastLast