+ Reply to Thread

Thread: FFXI Problem     submit to reddit submit to twitter

FFXI Problem

Everything runs fine until I try to go to the character select screen and then the PlayOnline has performed a critical error pop up comes up. Performed this with and without windower, any ideas?

Also, I have never really ran anything with windower besides Distance Plugin but I turned it off a while back.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Not Killing Ganon
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Re: FFXI Problem

what recent changes have you made? maybe video card drivers, directx updates, etc...

are you using vista or xp?

XP and I haven't made any changes to my computer at all. I just reinstalled FFXI on this comp after having to reformat, the only thing that is affecting FFXI was Brandsons thing and Windower.

Not Killing Ganon
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

how recently did you reformat? could still very well be a video card driver issue, especially if new drivers had come out since the last time you installed them and you never updated them, id try finding and older version of your video card drivers and uninstalling the new ones, the installing the old ones and see what happens

Quote Originally Posted by Killgannon
    how recently did you reformat? could still very well be a video card driver issue, especially if new drivers had come out since the last time you installed them and you never updated them, id try finding and older version of your video card drivers and uninstalling the new ones, the installing the old ones and see what happens
    The thing was, I was on FFXI 2 hours before that. I just uninstalled everything and in the process of reinstalling everything right now, will see if that works haha.