+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

New KH: 3 Games PSP/DS/Mobile Phone

http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/9381/newkhed4.jpg
    (picture with the Bald man and Terra)- Bald man: "I believed you would arrive..."

-(Image of Terra withdrawing his weapon angrily) Terra: "What have you done to his/her heart!"

- (In the Roxas image)Roxas: "He said he'd seen me before."

- (In the image with Mickey and Sora) Mickey : "On that day, I was here too."

- (In the image with the concerned Mickey) Mickey: "A passage one cannot remember..."
    Nomura: New KINGDOM HEARTS title was finally announced to everybody. However, this is just a few [things that are revealed]. What kind of Disney companions do we meet this time, and what kind of Disney worlds do we go to? I look forward to the continued report.
    They are as follows:

-The game will feature Roxas' past, whether passive (from the outside looking in) or from first-person (meaning you play Roxas) is yet to be seen

-The Organization XIII meeting room is shown

-A screenshot is shown of Sora and Mickey in Traverse Town, but it is the Sora from the past, the events of KH1 seem to have been altered some way

-The subtitle reads "The day the King and I were here...", someone is thinking back to an event?

-This game will be part of a series looking into KH's past

-None of the game will be a remake, it is 100% original, though you may experience some familiar scenes (Implying flashbacks or time-travel)
    Will post more as I find

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Re: New KH

Sweet. :D

So this game is what's supposed to link between KH2 and 3 huh... looks interesting.

NINJA EDIT: Larger scan: http://img170.imagevenue.com/img.php?im ... _720lo.jpg

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Exoduso
    Sweet. :D

So this game is what's supposed to link between KH2 and 3 huh... looks interesting.

NINJA EDIT: Larger scan: http://img170.imagevenue.com/img.php?im ... _720lo.jpg
    There is also a rumor of a PSP KH named Kingdom Heart Zero but that is just a rumor currently

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Well then this might be it... doubt they're working on multiple KH projects.

They will probably end up making a game that will explain a bit more about the series (see: chain of memories), which will better link you to the next official numeral game in the series (like they did between KH1 and 2)... this next game is supposed to explain more about roxas/mickey, to lead up to the next game in the series (KH3)...

But I guess time will tell... and I can't read JP for shit, but it doesn't mention a release date anywhere does it?

3 New games

Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep. Stars Terra from the secret movie. Takes place during the Keyblade War. Bald man is confirmed to be Master Xehanort. Sora and Riku did appear in the trailer. (Terra is watching them play fight on a beach) For PSP

Kingdom Hearts: 358/2 days. Stars Roxas and Organization 13. Up to 4 player Multiplayer (main is Roxas, others can play as other members. Confirmed are Axel, Saix and Xigbar). A new 14th member of Organization 13 (14? lol) is announced, but no name or face is given, though it is a girl. For the DS. (365-7=358, the 7 days are most likely Roxas's days in Virtual Twilight Town, so he lived for 358 days, as for /2, got me)

Kingdom Hearts: Coded. Stars Sora & Co. Takes place between KH and KH2. Deals a lot with things not shown in the past, especially with Mickey. For Mobile phones (i.e. you ain't getting it in America).

Banner on closed theater: EDIT: Better angle

http://www.dengekionline.com/data/ne...0_tgs03_01.jpg

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Had a feeling he was Xehanort from the silver beard

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

PSP and DS huh... those pics from yesterday look like PS2 graphics, looks like Square hit the jackpot with graphics once again if it's for the PSP.

What's with the 4 multiplayer thing though if that other game is going to be on the DS though? wifi stuff?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

http://www.square-enix.com/jp/company/j ... 920_49.pdf

^^^ logos.

And some more info on the two games that actually matter to us:

- Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep for PSP.
    --GAMEPLAY SUMMARY--
    A single-player adventure in the vein of the PlayStation 2 iterations. Birth by Sleep's protagonist will most likely be Ven.

--TRAILER TRANSLATION--
    It starts by showing scenes of the ending of "Kingdom Hearts 1" Soon the text "Deep Past" comes up, to be followed by "Shut-Eyes gives birth to the concealed fate"

The trailer starts off with the boy who looks like Roxas, Ven, talking to a young male with black hair, the area seeming to be like "Hollow Bastion". The boy soon calls the young male "Ven." The scene continuously changes before showing the Old man that is seen in the Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix+ Secret Ending.

The old man's name is "Master Xehanort" and "Master Xehanort" calls the young boy "Terra". Soon Terra summons the Keyblade into his hand.

Soon some worlds are shown, such as "Olympus Coliseum" and a new world, which resembles that of Sleeping Beauty is shown, confirming it's existence.

The scene then changes to Terra fighting against the mysterious dark male, who looks like he's in a bicycle suit, also from the secret ending. Terra manages to knock off the helmet, but his face isn't shown.

The scene soon moves to King Mickey summoning his Keyblade. Soon the scene begins to change rapidly, and Terra is at a beach, watching two boys playing before resting his sword into the grove. The two boys soon begin to become more visible, and it looks like Sora and Riku playing at the beach.

Terra soon says "Please don't depend on me, just erase me...friend"

Afterwards the text "Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep" comes up, this game is for the PSP

--------------------------------------------------------

- Kingdom Hearts: 358/2 Days (358 Days Over 2) for Nintendo DS.
    --GAMEPLAY SUMMARY--
    Stars Roxas from Kingdom Hearts II, but its main draw looks to be four-player simultaneous play using members of Organization XIII. It will be in full 3D.

--TRAILER TRANSLATION--
    The trailer starts from the scene where re:COM ended, afterwards the words "The other side attached to Sora still sleeps" and "The mind comes back whenever they touch." The scene then moves to Twilight Town, where Roxas, and Axel are sitting on the edge, as seen in KH2FM+.

Soon the trailer switches to Roxas being invited to the Organization XIII, and introduced to them, which soon cuts out to another scene of Roxas joining the Organization for the first time. Soon the scene then switches to the King talking about Axel, and Saix with Roxas pulling out his Keyblade, moving into gameplay.

The gameplay features Roxas fighting with other Organization Members in a multiplayer game. This one confirms the allowance of being able to play as Roxas, Axel, Saix and Xigbar.

The scene then switches to Xemnas talking towards other Organization members. Xemnas explains that a 14th member has joined the Organization, and the 14th member appears to be a female, wearing a black hood. Soon the title comes up as "Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days"

You can then hear Roxas in the background saying "I will disappear from this world in 151 days"
    EDIT: Oh and:

http://www.khmaniacs.com/noticias/tg...TGSartwork.jpg

The reseblance between Ventus and Roxas is sickening. I think the only real differences is that 1/2 of Ventus's shirt is black (Roxas's is all white) and has the strap on it. I guess Ventus's hair is a little flatter in the back too.

EDIT: S-Es offical statements on the games

KINGDOM HEARTS: BIRTH BY SLEEP (PSP)
    Story & Information
    The legendary Keyblade is said to hold phenomenal power.
    Some legends say that long ago, its wielder saved the world, while some say that he brought chaos and ruin upon it.
    (Ansem Report 8 )

Before Sora gained the Keyblade, there were many "Keyblade Masters" in the world.
    One of those Masters, Master Xehanort, and his only disciple suddenly disappears, an omen of the great disaster that would subsequently erupt.
    And as soon as one Master realises this, he tells his three disciples that they must track down Master Xehanort at all costs...

This is a story of awakening, one which connects to the grand beginning of the Kingdom Hearts story.

The PSP's high-level graphics ability is taken to its very limits.
    A new set of three protagonists compose three different scenarios.
    The controls, system and graphics follow those of the series so far, while at the same time bringing a whole new feeling to the system!
    Directed by Tetsuya Nomura & Tomohiro Hasegawa

KINGDOM HEARTS 358/2 DAYS (Nintendo DS)
    Story & Information
    Twilight Town.
    As always, Roxas and Axel are watching the sun from the clock tower.
    Their mission as members of the Organization: find and destroy Heartless, and collect their hearts.
    And at the end of that mission, they always meet up at that clock tower, eat ice-cream together and chat about the day's missions.

"Do you know why the evening sun is red? It's because light has lots of colours, and of all of those, red reaches us from the furthest away."
    "What're you getting all proud about, Axel?"

Two who should not have hearts, continuing to engage in their exclusive conversation.
    This is the untold story of Roxas's time in Organization XIII...

In single player mode, go and explore all of the Disney worlds! Then in multiplayer mode, go and do missions with your friends!
    Directed by Tetsuya Nomura & Tai Yasue

KINGDOM HEARTS: CODED (Mobile)
    Story & Information
    This story revolves around a single fragment of Jiminy Cricket's "Jiminy Memo".
    Following the events of "Kingdom Hearts II", Jiminy returns to Disney Castle. Jiminy has been reading his memo along the way, and a single page makes him stop in his tracks.

This page contains a mysterious message:
    "We have to go back, to heal their pain."

But no matter how much he racks his brains, he can't remember what the page is referring to.
    The King turns the Jiminy into data, and begin to investigate. And in a world traced by the Jiminy Memo, the Destiny Islands, a sleeping boy awakens.
    Thus Sora's new adventure in the Data World begins.

An unlimited range of Disney worlds, distributed to your mobile phone.

An adventure spanning across many diverse, rich Disney worlds.
    A new system and new graphics put high-end mobile phones on the same level as game consoles!
    Our first collaboration with Disney's Internet division, the Disney Internet Group.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

No speculated release dates yet?

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

Ugh, {No thanks.} No offense to any KH fans, I loved the first one, but I'm tired of the ridiculousness and complete randomness of the story. Seriously, I could make up some sample KH dialogue on the spot, right here:

Roxas: Oh no! His heart has succumbed to the darkness!
    Mickey: It's much more dire than that, I'm afraid. He has become the darkness within his heart.
    Roxas: But how do we change his heart back to a heart full of light?
    Mickey: Once a heart has become the darkness within the light, and the owner of the heart loses his light to the darkness, there is no retrieving the light of his heart from the darkness of his heart. The darkness without light will be his heart forever.
    Roxas: What about the light heart darkness keyblade?
    Mickey: Do not speak of the keyblade heart! The light beyond the Kingdom Hearts darkness of keyblade heart is unspeakable.
    Roxas: =(

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Thats what I dont understand about people..if you dont like it then dont post.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Yuri-G
    Ugh, {No thanks.} No offense to any KH fans, I loved the first one, but I'm tired of the ridiculousness and complete randomness of the story. Seriously, I could make up some sample KH dialogue on the spot, right here:

Mickey: It's much more dire than that, I'm afraid. He has become the darkness within his heart.
    Mickey: Once a heart has become the darkness within the light, and the owner of the heart loses his light to the darkness, there is no retrieving the light of his heart from the darkness of his heart. The darkness without light will be his heart forever.
    Mickey: Do not speak of the keyblade heart! The light beyond the Kingdom Hearts darkness of keyblade heart is unspeakable.
    Simply stating how I feel about the series, I'm not flaming anyone here. It's actually very disappointing, because the first KH had a sort of magical quality about it in my opinion.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Reapz Sjc
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I loved KH1 and 2, I never got CoM so was hoping for the Final Mix version to be released outside of japan but that never happened. Now I feel like I am missing a chunk of the story. Oh well I will be getting the one for DS and it will be another reason rather than just crisis core to buy a psp for the other one.

Banned.

BG Level

I just think it's pretty silly how Sora goes around murdering people with no emotional trauma.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

[quote=Yuri-G]
    Quote Originally Posted by "Yuri-G":764d6

Simply stating how I feel about the series, I'm not flaming anyone here. It's actually very disappointing, because the first KH had a sort of magical quality about it in my opinion.[/quote:764d6]

Regardless of whether you say "no offense" or not... if you don't like it, don't post. I don't get what the big deal is when people do this, do they just want to get flamed on purpose?

I don't care what people say about the game... hell, I bought KH2 purely for the awesome gameplay... I could care less about how you have to go through a bunch of disney worlds, it doesn't bother me in the least bit. I also don't understand why people make a big deal about playing a game with disney cameos... it's like it makes you less of a man or something to play KH, the people who are against the series make it sound like it's some horrible experiment that shouldn't be legal.

The facts, however, show that people like the game and its gameplay... if you're in the minority that doesn't, then go post in your Halo thread and crap, I don't give a shit.

And yes, I realize KH2 started being random with the heartless crap, but it also had good parts with the organization storyline, so I don't see why you think it was so bad.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

Re: New KH: 3 Games PSP/DS/Mobile Phone

Look, I'll say it one last time: I wasn't trolling, I wasn't flaming, I was simply expressing my opinion on the game in a (hopefully) humorous manner. My opinion being a negative one should not preclude me from sharing it. I already told you that I loved the first one, obviously I'm not coming in here just to bash the series. If anything, I'm disappointed, I had much higher hopes for the second game than it achieved.

If you can't accept people expressing negative opinions, what the hell are you doing posting in the BG forums? I'm a damn nice person compared to some of the trolls that lurk here.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

You realize that KH2's battle system was accepted far more than KH1's right?

And I'm not trying to criticize your thoughts about the game, I just fail to see any reason behind it.

Oh and trust me, I know what kind of morons run around here.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

I will give you that, KH2's battle system was way better. The reaction commands, Drive forms, all of it was a lot more fun than the original. I just liked the original's story more because it was simpler, KH2's got way too complex and dramatic for my tastes, and yet it seemed to be rehashing the same themes over and over. But I'm glad other people enjoyed it, and it wasn't all bad.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Reapz Sjc
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I enjoyed KH2 more than KH1.