+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: NFL Week 3 Picks     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Saint Daahan Von Quitter the 1st
    Patron of Yin

BG Level

NFL Week 3 Picks

Miami (0-2) @ New York Jets (0-2) - Argghhh Trent Green isn't the same after he's been injured. This is probably going to be more of a defensive match. Is it still uncertain as to whether or not Chad Pennington will be starting? I just hope Trent Green doesn't throw another 4 interceptions.

San Diego (1-1) @ Green Bay (2-0) - Blasphemy! The Chicago Bears fan picking Green Bay again!? Green Bay's defense has shown pretty good improvement, including their secondary. Seeing how poorly Philip Rivers has been playing lately, I expect the Green Bay defense to pressure him a lot and try to get him to throw some interceptions. As far as LT goes, I don't know. He has pretty much been shut down in the last two games. So the match-up I'm going to be playing the closest attention to is the GB Rush Defense vs. LT.

San Fransisco (2-0) @ Pittsburgh (2-0) I'm not buying in to the whole SF thing about them having the potential to be a playoff team this year. Alex Smith is still very inconsistent; however, their defense has done pretty well covering the pass in the past two games. I still expect Pittsburgh to pull out on top in this one.

Buffalo (0-2) @ New England (2-0)

Minnesota (1-1) @ Kansas City (0-2)

Detroit (2-0) @ Philadelphia (0-2) Expecting Philly to pull out of their slump. I also expect to see McNabb play a lot more consistently. You can tell the criticisms have been getting to him.

St. Louis (0-2) @ Tampa Bay (1-1) The Rams have not been able to get themselves together. Looking forward to seeing Garcia connect with Old Man Galloway again.

Arizona (1-1) @ Baltimore (1-1)

Indianapolis (2-0) @ Houston (2-0) - Houston has been doing surprisingly well this season so far. Matt Schaub seems to be on a good roll and their defense is proving to be significantly more aggressive; not aggressive enough to stop Peyton though.

Jacksonville (1-1) @ Denver (2-0) Cutler will throw for over 300 yards again and it will be awesome.

Cleveland (1-1) @ Oakland (0-2) First the season starts off by people saying that the Bengals defense has change dramatically (for the good), then Cleveland meets them and throws for 5 TDs. The new QB Anderson is probably going to be the key to victory in this match.

Cincinnati (1-1) @ Seattle (1-1)

Carolina (1-1) @ Atlanta (0-2) Is Byron Leftwich going to be starting for Atlanta in this game?

New York Giants (0-2) @ Washington (2-0)

Dallas (2-0) @ Chicago (1-1) Romo has been doing really well this season and has a very powerful offense at his disposal. I expect the Chicago defense to cause them a hell of a hard time (especially against the rush), but if Grossman can't muster up a good offense in this game Dallas is going to come out on top. Go Bears for the upset though.

Tennessee (1-1) @ New Orleans (0-2) I'm looking forward to this match. Is New Orleans going to continue to have absolutely horrible ball control, or will the offense we saw last year finally come back? I'm expecting a close game with the Titans coming out on top.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Kujata

Re: NFL Week 3 Picks

Quote Originally Posted by Daahan
    San Fransisco (2-0) @ Pittsburgh (2-0) I'm not buying in to the whole SF thing about them having the potential to be a playoff team this year. Alex Smith is still very inconsistent; however, their defense has done pretty well covering the pass in the past two games. I still expect Pittsburgh to pull out on top in this one.
    Oh its on now bitch.

Edit: Alex Smith does worry me tho, I think they need to go looking for a QB after this year if he doesn't perform well.

The Mizzle Fizzle of Nikkei's Haremizzle

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

No, Leftwich probably wont be starting for another few weeks or at least until he can get a core of Petrino's plays down. Carolina has owned the Falcons as of late so I'm hoping the Panthers from the fucking Rams game show up this week and not the porous sieve that showed up last week against the LOLTexans.

Speaking of which I really hope the Bears beat Dallas. Not only because I fucking hate Dallas (You can always tell a Cowboy fan because they perpetually live in the early 90's) but because I hope Rex plays well. I am a huge gator and Purdue fan and have always liked him. They can play Orton (Purdue) also, Ill be ecstatic either way. It's also good to see Tommie Harris back to his normal dominating self. Go bears!

Edit: Fuck Jake.

Disclaimer: This is my '07-'08 rally cry until David Carr is our starter. I don't care is he throws for 900 yards and 14 TDs next game, his first incomplete pass I will yell "Fuck Jake!"

Go Panthers.

Quote Originally Posted by Mizango
    No, Leftwich probably wont be starting for another few weeks or at least until he can get a core of Petrino's plays down. Carolina has owned the Falcons as of late so I'm hoping the Panthers from the fucking Rams game show up this week and not the porous sieve that showed up last week against the LOLTexans.

Speaking of which I really hope the Bears beat Dallas. Not only because I fucking hate Dallas (You can always tell a Cowboy fan because they perpetually live in the early 90's) but because I hope Rex plays well. I am a huge gator and Purdue fan and have always liked him. They can play Orton (Purdue) also, Ill be ecstatic either way. It's also good to see Tommie Harris back to his normal dominating self. Go bears!

Disclaimer: This is my '07-'08 rally cry until David Carr is our starter. I don't care is he throws for 900 yards and 14 TDs next game, his first incomplete pass I will yell "Fuck Jake!"

Go Panthers.
    Or somehow bring back the Ragin Cajun that led us to the Super Bowl

Atleast we don't have to see Chris lol weinke play
    I want Kevin Greene back ;_;

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Koyuki

Go Panthers.

Weinke was god awful Kevin Greene was my hero! His flowing gold locks under that Panthers helmet... But then again we had to deal with LOLBiakabatuka and the second coming of Jesus at the time in Jeff Lewis, sad times.

sorta non-related question,

is byron leftwich any good? as in will he make atlanta's recievers worth a damn? In my fantasy league not a single one of the falcons recievers are on a team, but if leftwich might make them decent as a flex player or 3rd reciever i might pick one or two up now to sit on my weak bench til he starts playing.

Go Panthers.

Weinke was god awful Kevin Greene was my hero! His flowing gold locks under that Panthers helmet... But then again we had to deal with LOLBiakabatuka and the second coming of Jesus at the time in Jeff Lewis, sad times.
    Gah him and Sam Mills completely destroying quarterbacks. Best days of my life was running through the house with my KG jersey on screaming for joy when Salt and Pepper sacked a qb or destroyed a RB

Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Miami (0-2) @ New York Jets (0-2) - I think if NYJ can start catching the ball, they'll come out on top in a tough defensive fight in the trenches.

San Diego (1-1) @ Green Bay (2-0) - I'm still not sure on Green Bay. I expect the Chargers to finally remember how to score some points.

San Fransisco (2-0) @ Pittsburgh (2-0) - San Fran still worries me too with Alex Smith, and I think Pittsburgh will expose SF's defense. Improved or not, the Rams and Cardinals are not the Steelers.

Buffalo (0-2) @ New England (2-0) - No brainer.

Minnesota (1-1) @ Kansas City (0-2) - Minnesota will run on KC. Adrian will probably have a big day.

Detroit (2-0) @ Philadelphia (0-2) - I expect the Eagles to get off the snide and get their first win. Andy Reid has done well after week two in his history.

St. Louis (0-2) @ Tampa Bay (1-1) - Sort of an odd pick here for me. I think the Rams should pull away for their first win and all, but I'm going with my heart here hoping for Garcia to light em up.

Arizona (1-1) @ Baltimore (1-1) - Ravens are gonna shut em down.

Indianapolis (2-0) @ Houston (2-0) - Houston's D has played pretty damn good the last couple weeks, but they haven't played against Wayne, Harrison, or this QB I just heard of named Manning. D:

Jacksonville (1-1) @ Denver (2-0) - Calling upset here. Edited and such. Jacksonville will run the ball again!

Cleveland(1-1) @ Oakland (0-2) - I'm going with Oakland on this. Their offense hasn't been as bad as it was last year, and after last week's mayham, I'm hoping to see McCown air it out against them. Ronald Curry and McCown will probably hook up once or twice.

Cincinnati (1-1) @ Seattle (1-1) - Going with Cincy here to rebound, though they need to watch out for Hassleback/Branch connections.

Carolina (1-1) @ Atlanta (0-2) - Carolina will rebound after a wooping given to them by the Texans and will beat a weak Atlanta O down. I doubt Leftwitch will start.

New York Giants (0-2) @ Washington (2-0) - If Cambell plays like he did Monday night, this could be a rollover. The Giants D is horrible.

Dallas2-0) @ Chicago (1-1) - Going with da Bears. Dallas has played two weak opponents as far as pass defense goes. I think Romo's all flash right now and there's no way he'll produce like he has two weeks previously.

Tennessee(1-1) @ New Orleans (0-2) - Going with NO to straighten up and fly right. Brees will have a big game, Deuce will carry them to the endzone.

Took Daahan's scheme of things and bolded who I think will win. Added my own comments as well.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Go Panthers.

Gah him and Sam Mills completely destroying quarterbacks. Best days of my life was running through the house with my KG jersey on screaming for joy when Salt and Pepper sacked a qb or destroyed a RB

ROFL, Those were the good days.

The Optimistic Asshole

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

Miami (0-2) @ New York Jets (0-2)

San Diego (1-1) @ Green Bay (2-0)

San Fransisco (2-0) @ Pittsburgh (2-0)

Buffalo (0-2) @ New England (2-0)

Minnesota (1-1) @ Kansas City (0-2)

Detroit (2-0) @ Philadelphia (0-2)

St. Louis (0-2) @ Tampa Bay (1-1)

Arizona (1-1) @ Baltimore (1-1)

Indianapolis (2-0) @ Houston (2-0)

Jacksonville (1-1) @ Denver (2-0)

Cleveland (1-1) @ Oakland (0-2)

Cincinnati (1-1) @ Seattle (1-1)

Carolina (1-1) @ Atlanta (0-2)

New York Giants (0-2) @ Washington (2-0)

Dallas (2-0) @ Chicago (1-1)

Tennessee (1-1) @ New Orleans (0-2)

Calling upset city for week 3 as well.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

I thought Kevin Greene retired after he left the steelers lol. Can't count how many great linebackers steelers have had that went somewhere else, and kinda disapered.

So hows your overpaid over the hill linebacker from pittsburg doing for you this year miami!!!!!!

Cake Mix

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

The biggest upset I see this weekend is Jacksonville over Denver. In fact, i'm going to edit that right now. Gerrard has played well, though Denver's pass defense is kinda scary. D:

And haha. Joey Porter wut?

Saint Daahan Von Quitter the 1st
    Patron of Yin

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Skyylya

is byron leftwich any good? as in will he make atlanta's recievers worth a damn? In my fantasy league not a single one of the falcons recievers are on a team, but if leftwich might make them decent as a flex player or 3rd reciever i might pick one or two up now to sit on my weak bench til he starts playing.
    He was pretty good when he was with the Jaguars but who knows how he'll play. He was injured and haven't had play time in a very long time.

Cake Mix

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by Daahan
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyylya

He was pretty good when he was with the Jaguars but who knows how he'll play. He was injured and haven't had play time in a very long time.
    I wouldn't suggest it. As of right now he's 3rd on the depth chart as he has to get used to the offense first. I'm sure no doubt he'll start over Harrington probably next week or the week after, but I wouldn't pick up any of the Falcons' WR's unless you absolutely have to. The Falcons' o-line can't protect Harrington, and with Leftwich's bad knee, he's got almost less mobility than Harrington so he'd probably get sacked just as much. I believe Joey Harrington has been sacked 13 times this year so far? I'm not too sure. Pretty sure it's the most in the league though.. so up to you really. I just wouldn't suggest it.

Straight Ca$h Homie
    BG Level

Leftwich also has a slower release than Harrington, so he probably won't be much better.

Demosthenes11

Houston over Indy, mark these words

well, i'll pick up joe horn I guess since i've got room and hope for the best, although if the offensive line is that bad i guess it doesn't matter who the qb is.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

McClown needs to just get the fuck out. Put in Culpepper or even Russell, and I'd guarantee they would do better.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

You guys think NYG are going to go 0-3 to start the season? Not trying to start crap just asking a broad question.

Also fantasy wise do you start Gerard or Eli Manning. I started Gerard last week and made the better choice. I just think that Washington's defense will man handle Manning, even with projected points going way towards Manning, I just think matchup wise, Jax vs Den is a much better one for a quarterback.

Cake Mix

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Speaking of McClown.. I've got to pick between Garrard, Rivers, and him this weekend. I think I'm actually going with him against Cleveland's laughable pass defense. Granted the way things are going for me this year, Cleveland will have like.. 6 INTs or some shit on me, but eh. Oh well. D: Worth a shot. I don't trust Rivers against Green Bay even though I think SD will win, and Garrard vs Denver is a death wish.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast