Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Your craft and why it's your craft.

So, I've played this game for three years now and I've always wanted to pick up crafting. I finally realized that (now, at least) you don't have to have an amazingly huge bankroll to do so, so I've picked it up. My idea first was to get them all to 60 and then decide which craft I would take all the way. I'm nearing the end of getting them all to 60 and I'm still having troubles deciding which I'd like to take to 100. So, I was wondering, if it weren't too much inconvenience if you all could tell me if there were any factors behind your decision to level which craft you did.

Thanks, in advance, for your responses!

Ive sucked 27 dicks, in a row.
    BG Level

Re: Your craft and why it's your craft.

I did cooking.

Don't do cooking.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

My 75 jobs are DRG BLM THF.

I wanted to craft and sign things I could use at end game, so I chose Bonecraft.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Classy Nekoda
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir
    WoW Realm
    Bloodhoof

I choose Alchemy because I was rather low on gil and you can make money while skilling Alchy ~ Least on my searver + White box for mah RDM and RNG :O Blood gear go!

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

I have a ww mule, which I made originally 'cause ww was cheap to lvl.

Thinking of taking up cooking on my mithra (she has nin) someday but haven't gotten around to it.

Picked Bonecraft, wanted a signed Genie Weskit. Plus I knew I was going to lvl War so HQ Hecatomb is another gg.

Dice and rum
    Not necessarily in that order

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Chastiti
    So, I was wondering, if it weren't too much inconvenience if you all could tell me if there were any factors behind your decision to level which craft you did.
    Dumb luck and total lack of knowledge?

Before I got my hands on FFXI, I read all the sites and guides I could find. This was going to be my first MMO and I wanted to learn as much as I could beforehand.

Fastforward to me being on-game. I was waiting for a party to gather and my inventory was mostly full. I recalled that you could do something with crystals... use them on other things to maybe get something new?

I tried all the crystals I had on everything I was holding until something worked. A goblin mask into sheep leather! And I got a leather skillup! Hey, since I got a skillup so easily, leather must be the right craft for me!

I really wish I had gotten that random skillup in some other craft.

Chaser, my goldsmithing mule, I started leveling because I wanted a challenge. Now I wish I had those millions of gil back.

Quote Originally Posted by ThistleChaser
    Quote Originally Posted by Chastiti
    So, I was wondering, if it weren't too much inconvenience if you all could tell me if there were any factors behind your decision to level which craft you did.
    Dumb luck and total lack of knowledge?

Before I got my hands on FFXI, I read all the sites and guides I could find. This was going to be my first MMO and I wanted to learn as much as I could beforehand.

Fastforward to me being on-game. I was waiting for a party to gather and my inventory was mostly full. I recalled that you could do something with crystals... use them on other things to maybe get something new?

I tried all the crystals I had on everything I was holding until something worked. A goblin mask into sheep leather! And I got a leather skillup! Hey, since I got a skillup so easily, leather must be the right craft for me!

I really wish I had gotten that random skillup in some other craft.

Chaser, my goldsmithing mule, I started leveling because I wanted a challenge. Now I wish I had those millions of gil back.
    No, really, that has to be the best reason to level a craft ever. I wish I could go back and do it that way too. ;o;

I'm noticing a trend of very obvious answers to a very obvious question and so I really think that I'm going to go with Woodworking. I've always wanted to be able to make cursed shura stuff. Being as my only two jobs at 75 are MNK and WHM and I -really- hate WHM. ; ; (*edit* Oh and my RNG is 69, so that kinda... works too. :D)

but thanks everyone for the responses!

WASTE OF CURRENCY
    I CAN'T I CAN'T I CAN'T

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Izzy Izumi
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

I chose smithing because my LS had a 100 of every craft except smithing. Now there's too many and i Q_Q alot.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Clothcraft, because signed HQ gear for my friends and I is just too good to pass up.

Also, because back in the beginning, everyone was like OMG GOLD being too expensive and the best, with cloth a close second. It was a good choice I feel.

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

I chose alchemy because I was leveling to 100 to take advantage of making black ink during the early days. I made millions during those days and now its useless. Lol.

My 2nd craft is leathercraft. Ex-gf had an obsession with Coach, so I figured leathercraft would be fitting.

-V

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I chose WW because Nin is my main, and my 2 of my RL friends were Rng and Blm.

Did CC because I saw someone else make a Cape on the first week of me playing and was like omg that is 500g and asked him how he made it and thus started my CC career.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

I chose cooking on my main because my first LS leader said it was a solid way to make cash without farming (which I hated). Of course, that was within 1 year of game release, so things like bazaaring insect paste in Sandy and Windy at night meant you had decent gil when you woke up. And, when you got tired of that, you could always bazaar Mithkabobs and Pineapple juice in Kazham. My best friend was a fisherman, and we shared the account of a friend that left early that had both fishing and alchemy. Thats how I made my money to start - and to finance cloth, gold, and smithing.

I chose gold-alche-cloth-bone-cook-woodworking because I like money.

Sanoske

I chose Cloth because I freshman year of college my dumb school limited bandwidh for gaming ; ; So I couldn't party or do missions because of the lag, so I decided to craft. Buddy of mine was doing Cloth, so I decided it was a good idea, plus I wanted to make stuff for my BLM. Did WW for a while because it was cheap and Green Ribbons sucked, but eventually delvld and went back and finished Cloth, glad I did.

Working on BC now to sign myself a Genie Weskit, and Leather, don't know why though.

Love-God among men.
    BG Level

I WANTED TO SIGN MY OWN GENIE WESKIT HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHHAHAHDHAHAHAH DAHFHWAFHHAHAFHAHPHWP(HWP#(HPW#HPHAHAHFHHAHAHHAHAH AHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAFHHAFAHHAHAHAHAHHAH(HPFP(#QHF(P #QHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAA

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Zosi
    I did cooking.

Don't do cooking.
    This is the correct answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Zosi
    I did cooking.

Don't do cooking.
    This reminds me, I've had Fishing lvl 69 for a while but haven't touched it in almost a year. Sometimes I kinda miss it since its relaxing and kind of fun, but it hasn't seemed to be worth the effort in a while. Anyone with fishing + cooking leveled have any input as to whether it would be worthwhile to level cooking on a mule to maybe make fishing more profitable?

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

I did Bonecraft and Woodworking cause I wanted to make penis jokes.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast