BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Scouting the Ashu Talif tier 2

Yeah yeah, search function I know, but people are impatient and I finally managed to get people for it.

My question: On tier 2, how weak is the NM, like, if 1 person cures the painter, 1 person kites the normal mobs, can SAM + NIN zerg the NM really quick? Or with 4 people would we be better just curing her while she paints?

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Re: Scouting the Ashu Talif tier 2

It's weak, but with SAM and NIN it would take you 45 seconds to a minute and the painter would take a fair bit of damage or die. You need a quicker burst of damage than the NIN will give you.

Sucks when the SAM 2hrs and then the NM uses his and does Carnal Nightmare. Still I always liked running in before she does, get hate on the NM and pull him back a little while you aggro and run from the Marines and then just kite up and down the stairs while the melees zerg him. The NPC only has so much HP that if you've got 1 WHM and they can't keep up with her then you're probably screwed.

I always went as BRD with Storm Crackows so I wasn't gonna do much to the NM and could handle kiting, I'd SV and buff before going in.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

K sorry for the noob topic, but thanks weeks and ella (who PMed me)

Won with 4 people PLD/NIN SAM/NIN WHM RDM, if anyone interested in strategy just post or PM.

I know we're like a year late but 90% of people I talk to still havent done this, lol.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by SathFenrir
    K sorry for the noob topic, but thanks weeks and ella (who PMed me)

Won with 4 people PLD/NIN SAM/NIN WHM RDM, if anyone interested in strategy just post or PM.

I know we're like a year late but 90% of people I talk to still havent done this, lol.
    Just post your strat, no need for a PM .

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Yeah please post the strat! Or PM me I guess thats fine too.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

We did WHM @ back, PLD RDM and SAM killed first round of mobs, started following her, it took us about 5 trips back and forth before we got in rythym of not letting her get hit, since only 2 of us were really doing damage to pull 4-5 mobs at once, basically, WHM needs to camp cure the NPC and nothing else, RDM can help pull off mobs with tier 2 spells or tier 1 if not marines and can kite or hold.

The crew die in like 4 hits, the marines are like EP mobs, decent ACC too, if they gang up on you it can be nasty so spliiting up far is not recommended. Basically it took us 20 minutes, every time she got hit she'd run back, but farther in we got quicker it seemed she would come back and get to work, and just continue painting, mobs in hold pop in same place all the time, seems 2 inside 2 outside and they rush from both side so at the end I took front mobs, RDM and SAM took back mobs (usually marines I think)

Was nice and smooth for us, just kinda hectic at first since we were really confused haha

==========

quick question for anyone on or above T3, i read on wiki that it money items (hides / star sapphires / yoichi) only drop in T1 and T2 and that T3 gives nothing but shit gil items and the legs equip, is this true?

Quote Originally Posted by SathFenrir
    quick question for anyone on or above T3, i read on wiki that it money items (hides / star sapphires / yoichi) only drop in T1 and T2 and that T3 gives nothing but shit gil items and the legs equip, is this true?
    That's been my experience. For money drops, Tier 1 drops star sapphire, Tier 2 drops yoichi sash and cerberus hide, while Tier 3 drops lolhydra scale. All of them drop the pup attachments too.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Unless there's been some secret to tier 1 revealed there's not really any way to spam it with 4 people correct?

Sea Torques
    BG Level

eh, I think you could do it with 4. 2x blm, rdm, sam/nin. Dependant on the sam using a few 2hrs on the Imp tho, and getting recharger items. Blm -aga is pretty strong on the crew.

We do the following:

Code:
    Tier 1: Sam/brd/blm/smn/rdm/war 
              Sam/War/RDM/BLM kill the crew as they come along.
              SMN just buffs for now
              When the 2hr meds show up, the SMN will be able to kill 3 waves with every 2hr.
              Rest of the people will pick up mobs as needed/cure.          

Tier 2: We've won with sam/war war/nin rdm/blm whm/blm
              Kill the first round of Crew/Marines. 
              Go and zerg the nm, it'll be/nearly dead after sam 2hr and rampage/raging rush.  
              Once the NM dies you automatically win.  
              Keep the npc cured/protected diaga/flash whatever til the melee wipe out the nm.
              So far we've gotten 2 yoichi sashes from this.  
              Takes us roughly 3-5mins(buff/kill first wave of crew/marines)/zerg nm.

Tier 3: Won with as little as thf/whm/nin/sam.  
              All Melee sub nin.
              Thief SA pulls the capt from behind(not sure why we do this, we're tossing gloves lol)
              Sam/Nin kills the monkey and then go help the THF, who has been kiting the capt.
              If you get into trouble just trade hate and kite it up and around the stairs outside.
              We've gotten 1 pair of barb pants(from chest on boat).
              ???gloves we've gotten to the point of not being able to give away the barb. gloves
              ???box have turned into gems, pup attachments, and a hydra scale.