BG Level

Re: Quicklinks

Quote Originally Posted by spooky
    Could we have the following added to quick links please:
    - ISNM
    - ENM
    - Leveling spots

Thanks muchly <3
    You mean like... Misc Game Events (for the first two) and Guides (for the last one)?

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

I actually think a section for BCNMs would be an ideal compromise, and have BCNMs cover BCNMs, KSNMs, ISNMs, ENMs, and the various other similar styled fights (Bahamut v.2, Ouryu, Mammet fight thingy, Mithra Trackers fight thingy etc.) as that is definitely one of my more used sections on other sites. I think that it has enough information to warrant its own section, to be honest.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by Wizerd
    Could we have the following added to quick links please:
    - ISNM
    - ENM
    - Leveling spots
    Thanks muchly <3
    You mean like... Misc Game Events (for the first two) and Guides (for the last one)?
    I was thinking ISNM and ENM would go in the same section as KSNM/BCNM. (Makes sence to me.)
    Guides or Areas for leveling spots. (Or both! :O)

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by leviathanertai
    I actually think a section for BCNMs would be an ideal compromise, and have BCNMs cover BCNMs, KSNMs, ISNMs, ENMs, and the various other similar styled fights (Bahamut v.2, Ouryu, Mammet fight thingy, Mithra Trackers fight thingy etc.) as that is definitely one of my more used sections on other sites. I think that it has enough information to warrant its own section, to be honest.
    I think this is quickly going to become a debate over semantics but; I don’t think BCNM should cover all those things you mentioned, I think most people only associate BCNM with the fights you actually use Beastmen Seals for (although technically that’s not what it actually is.)
    Maybe a section for instantiated fights would be better? /shrug

As far as Bahamut v.2, Ouryu, Mammet fight thingy, Mithra Trackers fight thingy etc goes, I would say they fall under ENM; or certainly most of them do anyway.
    As you said though, the important thing is that it’s on there at all!

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by leviathanertai
    I think this is quickly going to become a debate over semantics but; I don’t think BCNM should cover all those things you mentioned, I think most people only associate BCNM with the fights you actually use Beastmen Seals for (although technically that’s not what it actually is.)
    Maybe a section for instantiated fights would be better? /shrug

As far as Bahamut v.2, Ouryu, Mammet fight thingy, Mithra Trackers fight thingy etc goes, I would say they fall under ENM; or certainly most of them do anyway.
    As you said though, the important thing is that it’s on there at all!
    Au contraire. BCNM is the perfect name to describe all of those. As we all know, BCNM stands for Burning Circle Notorious Monster. Burning Circle was only the first incarnation (used with both Beastmen's Seals and Kindred's Seals), but following versions of the same idea (click on an NPC to enter, it gives the group the go-ahead, and then they can enter) include doors to click and other such things. Most people I know think of all those different things when they hear BCNM.

It's the same reason Ashu Talif quests and Salvage are considered "Assault" by SE. It has to do with the entry mechanism, mostly.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Maybe have a section of instantiated battles? And categorize it under 3 different types, assault, BCNM and ENM?

It be nice to have a different between Major Game Events and Instantiated Battles, cause one your usually doing a set of things in the former, while these are you're fighting a specific thing in a specific battlefield in the latter.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by Zarath
    Maybe have a section of instantiated battles? And categorize it under 3 different types, assault, BCNM and ENM?
    This seems like the best idea to me.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by Wizerd
    Au contraire ... As we all know, BCNM stands for Burning Circle Notorious Monster.
    Most people I know think of all those different things when they hear BCNM.
    I said that already, so there isn't really any au contraire about it. If most people you know think of all those differnt things when they hear BCNM, how come on every site (including BG-wiki) does it have a section for BCNM and KSNM when you say they should come under the same thing?
    As I pointed out before "technicaly" it's not correct but it's just become one of those things. Personaly I couldn't see them removing the KSNM section and putting them all under the BCNM section, which is why I think it makes more sence to add new sections for ENM and ISNM and such; or avoid confusion altogether and have an instanciated battle section. (See post above.)

BCNM would be the group title for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Shuemue

Why not just call them "Battlefields"? That would cover everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Zarath

It be nice to have a different between Major Game Events and Instantiated Battles, cause one your usually doing a set of things in the former, while these are you're fighting a specific thing in a specific battlefield in the latter.
    I think you mean Instanced Battles, since Instantiated Battles would be abstract Battles that are supported by concrete examples..

THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shiroe Blackrose
    FFXIV Server
    Diabolos
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Turambar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shuemue

Why not just call them "Battlefields"? That would cover everything.
    Because that would be too easy.

Old Lady Harem of the House of Weave
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mne Jing
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

Beware of loading down quick links. You want it to be quick, not spend 5 minutes trying to find something in what is supposed to be an easy way of getting information.

Banned.

BG Level

Ah yeah, BCNM, KSNM, ISNM, and ENM should all be battlefields. I am all for it!

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Where are my Quicklinks? Q_Q

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by BRP
    Ah yeah, BCNM, KSNM, ISNM, and ENM should all be battlefields. I am all for it!
    So are Dynamis and Einherjar and Limbus, technically. That's what SE calls them... battlefields.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

yeah... but in Dynamis, Limbus, and Einherjar you get rewards during battles. Whereas BCNM/KSNM/ISNM/ENM all have rewards ONLY at the final treasure.

Banned.

BG Level

I'm working on this now, there is a improved(well, imo!) format laid out in the other forums that has been agreed on by a couple people, but an admin needs to mess with it I think. On this new quicknav Battlefields represents your basic BCNM-type events and Battle Systems represents things like Salvage, Dynamis, and Limbus.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Goddess
    yeah... but in Dynamis, Limbus, and Einherjar you get rewards during battles. Whereas BCNM/KSNM/ISNM/ENM all have rewards ONLY at the final treasure.
    I just meant that SE has officially referred to Dynamis, Limbus, Einherjar, etc. as battlefields.

Also, you don't get rewards during Einherjar, you get them after the boss is dead and you open the chest.