Closed Thread
Page 10 of 65 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 60 ... LastLast

Thread: EVE Online - RIP VileRat     submit to reddit submit to twitter

i'm awesome.
    BG Level

Re: EVE Online

Quote Originally Posted by Shuemue
    I haven't done any modifications to my ship yet, but I did figure out how to buy Navigation and start learning it, few minutes to go.

I'm assuming you can only learn one skill at once, and that you continue learning even while logged out?
    Yup, you will need to buy ammo soon because you'll run out eventually and realize "wtf my guns aren't shooting anymore!" like I did during a mission. I actually died because I had no idea why my guns wouldn't activate and didn't know I could just warp out in the middle of fights haha.

Yep. Start the skill and go about your usual schedule. You can check how much time is left on the EVE website in your "My Character" section. You just use your game username/password to get into the website. If you want to learn more about the game to make it easier, just read the EVE forums. Ask questions in the "New Citizens Q&A" section for veteran advice, etc etc.

And your ship is called a Rookie ship. Weakest ship in the game, so.. you could train up your frigate skill and get into something more powerful to make missions easier.

I figured out the running away thing, haven't seen anywhere that shows my ammo reserves though. *looks*

Are better ships affordable? I don't want someone to give me money that they'd miss if I didn't play past the trial.

i'm awesome.
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Shuemue
    I figured out the running away thing, haven't seen anywhere that shows my ammo reserves though. *looks*

Are better ships affordable? I don't want someone to give me money that they'd miss if I didn't play past the trial.
    You will get a frigate as you progress through the missions I think, you can move into that and use it for a good amount while you learn skills.

Mostly 400k and under, pocket change in EVE, lol.

Edit: Ammo is in your cargo. One of the buttons in you UI in the middle of the screen is what you need to press to open it up. Or double-click some empty space while docked.

Err... to train to the next level of Caldari Frigate it'd take nearly 17 days. >_>

Is it already at Lv4?

Yeah, it's at level 4, this is my dude.

http://www.adsoft.org/images/eve.jpg

You don't need to get Frigate to V yet. So don't bother. Just train up what you want to during your trial, if you don't it'll just be wasted time you could've spent making the game more fun for a nooble :3

Just train up guns or missiles or drones or whatever, and get into a nicer frigate.

Training Navigation to 2 at the moment.

I just learned Afterburner, but my shitty ship hasn't got enough power to fire it up. I'll go mission and earn some cash.

Renegade Philosopher
    BG Level

Train destroyers to level 1 so you can use a destroyer instead of frigate for level 1 missions. It makes the missions much easier and you end up making back the money pretty quickly.

I'm confused now. My default ship is an Ibis, but now I appear to have a Condor in my inventory too.

This game is odd.

Reward from a mission you did.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiro
    Reward from a mission you did.
    Sell it and buy a Merlin!

Quote Originally Posted by Quicklet
    Train destroyers to level 1 so you can use a destroyer instead of frigate for level 1 missions. It makes the missions much easier and you end up making back the money pretty quickly.
    Cheapest destroyer is a million, I have 200k.

Merlin is the best frigate as far as I'm concerned. Two turret points, two missile points. I had one up until I got into a Caracal (Cruiser).

I need to earn like 50k more to buy my Merlin, so not long :D

Renegade Philosopher
    BG Level

I made the money back in about 1-2 hours of running missions once I got a destroyer.

Quote Originally Posted by Quicklet
    I made the money back in about 1-2 hours of running missions once I got a destroyer.
    That's great, but when I only have 25% of the purchase price, I won't be buying one.

Whoever sent me money, thanks <333

Closed Thread
Page 10 of 65 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 60 ... LastLast