Closed Thread
Page 11 of 65 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 ... LastLast

Thread: EVE Online - RIP VileRat     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Groovebox

Re: EVE Online

Quote Originally Posted by Shuemue
    Quote Originally Posted by Quicklet
    Cheapest destroyer is a million, I have 200k.
    I made the money back in about 1-2 hours of running missions once I got a destroyer.
    That's great, but when I only have 25% of the purchase price, I won't be buying one.
    I just sent you 2.5m

If you continue to play, I'll hook you up with more

Gracias! I'm gonna buy that Merlin and some better guns, should make the next few missions a breeze.

If I don't stay, I'll try to remember to liquidate and send you anything left over.

Groovebox

Gracias! I'm gonna buy that Merlin and some better guns, should make the next few missions a breeze.

If I don't stay, I'll try to remember to liquidate and send you anything left over.
    Don't worry about it lol, if you don't stay it's no biggie... 2.5m is really nothing. You can always buy a cruiser skill book and get yourself something larger... but honestly, the Merlin will do fine for lvl 1 missions and maybe even lvl 2 missions with the right skills/fitting.

I can afford an Osprey cruiser now, it's up at 2.6m... is it worth blowing my whole wallet on it and leaving myself just 100k to equip it?

Would I be better buying the destroyer for like 1m and having cash left for weapons etc?

Scratch that, the training is 450k too, it'll have to be the Destroyer. I'll scam more money from you guys if I stay

i'm awesome.
    BG Level

I can afford an Osprey cruiser now, it's up at 2.6m... is it worth blowing my whole wallet on it and leaving myself just 100k to equip it?

Would I be better buying the destroyer for like 1m and having cash left for weapons etc?

Never move up into a ship where you have to spend everything just to fit it. You want to preemptively train all the skills you'll need for the ship and whatever you'll fit it with.

For example, right now I'm just using the top frigate for Gallente and training my Connections skill to rank 3. Once it hits 3 I'll be able to run level two missions(will have 2.0 standing with Caldari Navy) and so I'll move up into a Cruiser. I've also spent time training the skills I'll need to use the vexor best, like Drone Interfacing and Hull Upgrades. That way, when I move into my Cruiser sometime in the next day or so I'll be able to fit it out well with some Warrior IIs.

I just bought something, it took the money but didn't give me the item

Renegade Philosopher
    BG Level

Did you buy it in a station other than the one you were in? Check your assets and see if it's listed at another station, you might have bought something that's a few jumps away.

It was 9 jumps away, does that matter? I don't know what I just did

/wrists

Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

IIRC I started with a Kestrel (Missile Boat) then moved to a Caracal, then to a Ferox. I skipped a lot of shit, but I had the money for it from higher-up missions from better agents. I quit though a while back at ~6million SP. Maxed alot of Missile Launcher Operations, but never felt the need to return to the game due to some DRAMAZZZZ.

Wait, my assets list makes it look like I have storage at each different place. Do I have to travel to each one to access it?

Old Merits
    BG Level

Sadly yeah.

Oh and Magus I'll ask them to invite you, you have to go send them an app or something though.

This game has a lot of potential.

Online now, name is Recon Three. Send me a message if you wanna leech missions for some moniez or w/e.

I'm trying to figure out how to equip my destroyer >_>

Renegade Philosopher
    BG Level

Go to the station where it's docked at, go into ITEMS, right-click on the destroyer and there should be an option "Assemble Ship". After that, you can right-click on it and the option "Make Active" should be available. Doing that switches you from your current ship to that ship. Once you make it your active ship you can start fitting it with stuff. If you want to use any of the stuff from your current ship, you may need to un-fit it from your current ship before you switch to the one you want to switch the items over to.

Yeah I've got that far, I'm just running around buying cheap weapons and stuff, there's obviously not a whole lot I have training for.

go go light railgun I and light missile launcher I

Of course now I've run out of power and have 3 railguns offline

i'm awesome.
    BG Level

Might want to look into some recaps or whatever they are called, they are little modules that increase the rate your cap recharges.

Trying to figure out ways of getting more stuff online, but it's not making a ton of sense.

I trained and added a reactor control unit, but the power increase wasn't huge. Am I missing something that'll let me equip my ship better? Do I have too many guns?

Closed Thread
Page 11 of 65 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 ... LastLast