Page 13 of 65 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 63 ... LastLast

Thread: EVE Online - RIP VileRat     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Re: EVE Online

@_@ Ouch.

NEVER CARRY ALL YOUR EGGS IN ONE BASKET. EVE RULE #1 >:O

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ylSiHqQA5AA

:> Best EVE video I've seen so far.

Edit: Another good one, hate the music though. - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWDToagK3WE&NR=1

Edit: Lolz. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VzpOlsp7 ... re=related

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

There was a story about EVE online a long time ago about this kid that built a corporation called ZZZZ Best (named after the famous 18 year old Barry Minikow's company, who bilked millions of dollars from investors on Wall Street by forming a dummy corporation) that stole billions of ISK from players over a very long period of time. After he stole all this money, he transferred the money to a new character but became bored with the game and gave all the money to a newbie player that was asteroid mining and quit. It's a very old article and hard to find.

I love war.

Quote Originally Posted by Blood Company
    2008.04.02 03:59
    numbers based on battleclinic data

Kills: 10
    isk dmg: 515.363 m

losses: 5
    isk dmg: unknown from lack of posts

kills: hurricane, myrmidon, osprey, pod, merlin, kestrel, moa, brutix, badger 2, hulk

losses: nighthawk, raven, thorax, megathron, ares

it was a close fight but please keep in mind that this was a 30 v 225 fight. and we were always outnumbered by at least 8 guys in local. So although they may have edged us out by a bit on isk dmg this was still a bad ass job on our part. -BC

181 killers:
    jdog1404
    dreska
    blood company
    recon three <- Me!
    jacunski
    dramunga
    judes23
    Bolded everything that involved me! 'Cause I have a big head for owning a bunch of people in a Heavy Assault Missiles fitted Drake, lolz.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Some of the newer players may not have heard of Thekiller8, but he did a bunch of flash EVE films that were damn good, especially the RMR one (Miss the days of The Big Blue) - http://www.student.ru.nl/martindeviller ... tgame.html

That Raven lost was pretty ouch, hate how expensive the CCC Rigs are on top of the cost of the Raven and the Arby Launchers/T2 Stuff. 0.0 is really fun and killboards are great to record your kills/losses, especially the big capital ship kills

Btw, anyone in the drone regions? Wondering how things are going in there and how it is to rat/make ISK up there

Yeah I haven't watched those movies in a while. I wonder if he still plays.

i'm awesome.
    BG Level

Groovebox

Quote Originally Posted by Maguspk
    http://www.student.ru.nl/martindevillers/rmrnstuff.html

Made me LOL hard.
    That was really funny lol. I think when I first tried eve it was during the release of RMR.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

Well picked this up again, gave my old mission runner to a friend and playing with a low sp PvPer character atm.

After pvping, never going back to PvE. Yaaaaar ftw.

http://pointofnoreturn.griefwatch.net/? ... ot=Eleskia

Got a jump clone with a couple of ishkurs down in 0.0 so usually pop down there and pop the 950k bounty rats for a day or 2 for funds. Make anywhere between 5-10 mil an hour, and made around 200 million in officer drops over the last week.

i'm awesome.
    BG Level

I hardly understand your post Ins, explain.. I want to make that kind of money.

Quote Originally Posted by Maguspk
    I hardly understand your post Ins, explain.. I want to make that kind of money.

5-10 mil an hour from bounties

Each belt spawn has a 'cycle' of ship types, usually ending with a triple battleship spawn and starting out with all cruisers. Look up 'chaining' on the EVE forums for an explanation.

But, you can get rare spawns that can drop cool stuff. "Dread Guristas ___", "True Sansha _____" items. They sell for good $$$

I need to get a dominix setup near my corps 0.0 spot for some good ratting. Don't really feel like taking that hulking thing 20+ jumps, partly through low sec

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

0.0 ratting is one of the best forms of income, some of the bounties on non-officer BS range upto around 2 mil, officer spawn ships have amazing bounties, been sometime since I last saw one but an officer-cruiser could probably have a bounty of around 15 mil, not sure of a BS bounty. In a good system with a lil luck, getting something like 15-20 mil just off bounties is achievable, a lot of ppl dual-box accounts, have 1 killing the rats, another to loot the wrecks and salvage them, can refine the loot and either sell or use the minerals/salvaged components.

The downside with it is that you need a good tank, a good ship (Ravens are one of the best, some of the HACs are decent for it) and be in friendly alliance space.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Edimir
    The downside with it is that you need a good tank, a good ship (Ravens are one of the best, some of the HACs are decent for it) and be in friendly alliance space.
    You don't need a good tank. Play smart and you never get hit. With my ishkur i take 3 Blaster II's & 5 Hobgoblin II's for DPS. If you fly a small ship you need a MWD to get as close to them as fast as possible, once you orbit the cruisers and BS at 500m (MWD off) you won't get hit =)

I rat in some places people never dare to go, like pipes leading into 0.0 direct from High sec etc, with a small ship if a ship pops into ya belt, you're usually in warp by the time they try locking.

Yeah, Zhais. You should come to Providence. Join a channel called InflatableHouse and they'll get you a jump clone down there. I just got one a few days ago, so I'm about to haul some shit over there (implants, ratting ship/gear, etc) and live there for a bit to make some extra money. I've got about 382M on me right now 'cause I sold my Raven and Rokh. So I dunno what I'm gonna rat in honestly. Might try it in a Drake or something.

Got a true sansha spawn on sunday, dropped a medium station beam pulse laser blueprint that sells for 25M or something.

i'm awesome.
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kiro
    Holy fucking shit, I wet myself.

This is why I initially started playing EVE, to do this kind of shit... but without a Corp things become totally boring so I deactivated(my corp disbanded).

Aw, you coulda' joined my corp. D: That's what Zhais did.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiro
    Aw, you coulda' joined my corp. D: That's what Zhais did.

and I've lost three Ares because of it!

Rofl, you have? At least you took down that Hyperion. Since I joined this corp I've lost 2-3 Crows, 2-3 Ravens, and 2 Drake.

i'm awesome.
    BG Level

I'd reactivate if I had a corp with sec owned that I could chill in. Missions are fucking boring and rating sounds more fun, especially if I can just Incursus tackle for one of you or something to rat quicker.

Closed Thread
Page 13 of 65 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 63 ... LastLast