Closed Thread
Page 17 of 65 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 ... LastLast

Thread: EVE Online - RIP VileRat     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Everybody's Favourite Nobody
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

My friend told me about this. I don't play EVE, but the espionage and shit is hilarious

Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

Quote Originally Posted by Kiro View Post
    Super necro bump.

BoB disbanded today. GoonFleet then swooped in, created a corp/alliance with the same name and stole their ticker.

That is all.
    l o l

Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by Kiro View Post
    Super necro bump.

BoB disbanded today. GoonFleet then swooped in, created a corp/alliance with the same name and stole their ticker.

That is all.
    LOL. Okay. I quit a LONG time ago, but even I find that hysterical.

The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

idk what any of that means but i too will enjoy a hearty laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by tyven View Post
    idk what any of that means but i too will enjoy a hearty laugh.
    Basically.. imagine your HNMLS battling another HNMLS on the same server for 5-6 years. Imagine your LS disbanding over some petty arguement between your leaders. One leader crosses the other by logging on their account and breaking the shell, or stealing the LS bank or whatever. Now imagine them trying to kiss and make up only to find out that your rival HNMLS has stolen your name.

Etc etc. With EVE it's ten times more complicated though. There are resources, sovereignty between other corporations and alliances stretching throughout millions of other systems, all that good shit. Then factor in the amount of money involved, blah blah blah. Shitstorm.

The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

whats a ticker? also if they stole bob's name cant bob just steal their name since they had to give it up? i enjoy drama between guilds no matter the vidya

Ticker is like.. a stock market sign for your name. Corporations and alliances have shares in stock, taxes members have to pay sometimes, etc etc. And no, you can't really steal a name back once someone else has taken it, you can only try something as close as possible to the original.

i'm awesome.
    BG Level

Pretty sure a member of Goonswarm infiltrated BoB and disbanded the Corp after looting their isk and stealing like 6 titans. It wasn't some petty argument or something it was just a really well executed job from the inside is how it was told to me by someone who plays very often.

Nah, some Goonswarm guy was "recruiting" and a BoB director came in and bitched about how he was tired of everything, gave out director-type information to the Goon person who then proceeded to fuck BoB in the ass from the inside out. BoB disbanded, and the rest of what I said happened.

ExcaliMod
    Paper Towels? Who needs paper towels, Under the sink they go!

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I think I want to give this game a whirl. Seems right up my alley

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

If I had to quit FFXI this would be my next game I move on to.

Just in general, how easy/bad is it to start so "late" into the game?

I read in magazines/reviews it's possible to start large scale wars very easiy. I really like that idea lol.

Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

Because everything is real time, you'll never be better then someone who started before you in terms of character progression.

Let's go Red Sox!
    BG Level

I tried to give EVE another shot when they did the 5-day free reactivation thing about a month ago. I remember quitting initially because it just felt like I was ridiculously far behind people that started before me, and taking a year off really only compounded that issue. Suffice it to say, I didn't reactivate when my five days were up.

Starting now doesn't really matter when you can buy timecards, sell 'em for 500-600M, and buy a 15-20M skillpoint character. If you're willing to put the money into it I guess. But SP really isn't that much of a game-breaker honestly. I've been killed by players with 5-6M SP because they specialized in something that locked my ship down, and they just picked me apart slowly. But if you have 6M SP and go up against someone with 20M+, you're fucked.

Just gotta pick your battles.

Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

SHOULD I PLAY FOR A MONTH OR TWO Y/N

I quit as well for the same reason as most others do. Even at 20mill SP there are those so far ahead, that it doesnt matter what you do, you die.

Quite sad, as its an awesome game.

As for whether you should play?

Sure, give it a whirl, they have a free trial. But dont expect to ever be the best unless you buy a 100mill SP char with a few hundered trillion ISK

Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Well, tbh.. it's as realistic as a space sim/mmo can be. I mean.. if there are pirates out there (I was one) who prey on the weak to rob them/extort them, wouldn't you pick on the weaker people? I know I sure as hell did.

I quit around 30-35mil SP. There was tons of PVP MMO typical drama bullshit when I stopped playing. This was almost a year ago. If I still played, I dunno where I'd be.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I tried the trial of this a few months back and messed up or something during the tutorial and I just said "fuck it". But on /v/ some eve threads have been popping up and I may try this again. Are you always in your ship are you able to run around somewhere to meet people?

This thread is making me want to play again, but I don't have time

Although, I WOULD have tech II heavy drones when I start playing again... mmmmmmm delicious.

Closed Thread
Page 17 of 65 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 ... LastLast