Closed Thread
Page 5 of 65 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast

Thread: EVE Online - RIP VileRat     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Re: EVE Online

Quote Originally Posted by Akiyama
    Is that a Raven in the first picture, Kiro? If so, lolRaven. That thing is a magnet to get popped. So big, dumb, slow, and weak as shit when ya get a couple people to sap your cap/web/warp scramble. You'd be fucked. D: Nice new ship though!
    Yeah I know it's pretty easy target, but it has made me a lot of money. The thing is a beast for missions, and it was easy to get with skills.

This new ship though is kinda hard to get used to since I can only use standard missiles on it (light missiles). I've been so used to cruise missiles, torpedoes, and heavy missiles it's weird doing so little damage. But I've been touching up my missile skills a bit to increase the damage per missile. I think I do about 95 or so damage with these light missiles, if I cap up the standard missile skills I think I can get up to 150 or so. Factor in how goddamn fast this ship is right now and I'll be pretty annoying to the bigger ships.

I've heard people getting their Interceptors up to 3600M/s though, so that's going to be my goal for this ship. I'm satisfied with how fast it is now, but I've barely done anything to it so far and I'm disgustingly fast. Another month or so and with enough patience and ISK I can probably get close to 3600. I'd be satisfied with 2500+ though.

And.. when I finish skills required to Cloak. LAWL HAY UNSTOPPABLE MEBBEH.

Edit: Lawl, been reading up on Interceptors. Apparently I can get up to 12km/s. People have gone faster though.

Oh curse you people. Now I want to get back into EVE, too. Inties are made of win, awesome, and fun in a can. And they're also the quickest tech2 ships to train for. Oh man I miss my Crusader, even though Malediction is better for pvp (awesome tackler). Zipping around faster than missiles fly, in a ship that literally bristles with guns ... But alot's changed, I'd be lost if I started anew.

Quote Originally Posted by Force-Attuned Krogoth
    Oh curse you people. Now I want to get back into EVE, too. Inties are made of win, awesome, and fun in a can. And they're also the quickest tech2 ships to train for. Oh man I miss my Crusader, even though Malediction is better for pvp (awesome tackler). Zipping around faster than missiles fly, in a ship that literally bristles with guns ... But alot's changed, I'd be lost if I started anew.

I'm working on getting into an AF soon hopefully... <3 drones and the ishtar or ishkur, whichever, looks nice. 5 Hammerhead IIs on a frigate prz.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kiro
    Edit: Lawl, been reading up on Interceptors. Apparently I can get up to 12km/s. People have gone faster though.
    'Ceptors are fast, there natural speed is more or less than 500, depends on the one you get and your skills - although the speed of them is the only defence they have from being insta-popped. I think a Crow could possibly hit around 15km/sec with a named MWD and Nanofibres, but that'll cost a ton. Another fast ship for its size is the Stabber/Vagabond, fastest cruiser and the Vagabond has a popular fitting setup where it can outrun some 'ceptor's, problem is that its Minmatar and noone wants to pilot a ship that looks like its been made in a scrapyard

Raven's are basically the best ships for money making (Ie. Missions or NPCs), although in fleet battles, your probably better of using one of the so called "Sniper" BS's or using those missiles skills in a Caracal.

Re-activated my accounts recently, was nice to see new content and a more ships, although I'm not prepared to pay over 700 million for a harderned BS just yet

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Zhais
    Quote Originally Posted by Force-Attuned Krogoth

I'm working on getting into an AF soon hopefully... <3 drones and the ishtar or ishkur, whichever, looks nice. 5 Hammerhead IIs on a frigate prz.
    Aye AF are great fun if used correctly. Had one before i went back to WoW. Before you even think about flying get 2 mil or so in drones, alot of naviagtion at level 4 / 5, make sure you can armor tank well, and gunnery skills come in very useful. Bumped into an active tanked Drake (lol poor guy) before i quit, his heavys were doing around 10 damage a missile. Needless to say, when he ran out of cap he went pop ^.^

Quote Originally Posted by Edimir
    'Ceptors are fast, there natural speed is more or less than 500, depends on the one you get and your skills - although the speed of them is the only defence they have from being insta-popped. I think a Crow could possibly hit around 15km/sec with a named MWD and Nanofibres, but that'll cost a ton. Another fast ship for its size is the Stabber/Vagabond, fastest cruiser and the Vagabond has a popular fitting setup where it can outrun some 'ceptor's, problem is that its Minmatar and noone wants to pilot a ship that looks like its been made in a scrapyard

Raven's are basically the best ships for money making (Ie. Missions or NPCs), although in fleet battles, your probably better of using one of the so called "Sniper" BS's or using those missiles skills in a Caracal.

Re-activated my accounts recently, was nice to see new content and a more ships, although I'm not prepared to pay over 700 million for a harderned BS just yet
    Yeah, speed is the Interceptor's only defense. I've been ratting in 0.0 and running Lv4 missions like crazy in my Raven just to be able to afford the nice things for my Crow. All my "necessary" navigation skills are at 5. My highest speed as of last night was 6500KM/s. I've still got a ways to go with fitting. Only have two Overdrive Injectors T2s when I could have three (I've got a T2 inertia stabilizer in the 3rd OD slot). I can fit two polycarbon rigs, but I've only got one, etc etc.

I'm having issues with fitting some of my gear, so I've been training everything related to increasing my cap and reducing the usage my stuff needs to run. Gonna dink around with NOS and a webber, but I'm most likely going to go for pure speed, T2 launchers with navy light missiles, and that'll pretty much be it.

My Raven is basically a shield tank right now, with my missile skills I don't even come in contact with the enemies while mission running since I can target from about 150km away or something near that. T2 BCU out ass, mission specific hardeners, invuln and a gisti XL booster. Fun stuff I guess, but I always go back to my 'Ceptor.

Kinda tempted to train Amarr frigate to Lv5 and try out the Malediction(sp?) since it's faster and more powerful than the Crow.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRR RRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHH

MY INTERCEPTOR GOT BLOWED UP.

NIGRA TOURNAMENT WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

dit: The picture quality blows. First picture is 83.1(?) M/s, max on that ship was about 230 or so. This new ship, without an afterburner active is 600 M/s. With the afterburner on it caps at 1390 M/s.
    Heh... Fit an MWD. I've seen the discussion between here and where you posted that, but those ships are made to be fast, if you fly that in most anything without an MWD you are asking for a swift death; the entire defense of that ship is around its agility and speed, and its a lot harder to hit a baseball flying in a 15km circle around you at 5km/s

Was flying mine today at 6500m/s I think today, in fleet setup... Fleet of 30 or so of our guys vs. 75 or so other dudes in more expensive ships, blew up probably a dozen, and we lost 0 Love eve online, ha. Especially Pirating in it.

Speeds get outrageous though, not so much since recent patches but people used to istab and nano up Battleships to get them going 10-20-30km/s... yeah, km... A battleship going that fast is outrageous, even if its for pure bumpage, that hitting anything at that speed will instantly send you 50+ km away, screwing anything up you were intending on doing.

Yeah I HAD an MWD on my Inty. Cost me a fuckton of money too. -_-

Groovebox

WTF @ Clone Grade Gamma?

Someone is fucked when they get podded.

I smell a shop. But that's pretty awesome anyway.

http://ineve.net/skills/character.php?c ... UwODYzNzk5

currently has the most skill points of any character in Eve, and I think has been playing for 4 years. Not quite one hundred mil yet and still a LOT of skills untrained.

shopped image is probably the max skillpoints which would take a looooong time

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I remember making a stupid Eve Haiku thread over there, but Pann locked it after the forums stretched.

http://myeve.eve-online.com/ingameboard ... adID=30244

I started playing before Beta, but gave the account away to one of my friends that got screwed over by someone I introduced to him. The guy I introduced sold my friends account without asking him. I'm not sure if it's still maintained or not, I never really kept up after I gave it to him.

I had a ton of skillpoints racked up while I was playing FFXI, but I doubt the account is kept to date anymore =(. I did like the fact that everyone was on the same server, anything in the forums actually reflected the true state of the universe. Controlled regions were changing all the time and corporations joined with one another and enemies were made all the time. I thought it was great trying to keep up with everything. I liked knowing who our suppliers were so when we were system clearing we'd know when to look the other way.

I have a few really old videos I made from like 2003, I think they've still got it listed under the community created videos at the VERY bottom of their main site. You can see the old UI still, lol. I used to pirate with Space Invaders and MoO for a while and started Beta and Retail in a corporation called Black Storm before I moved to them. I fucking LOVED fleet battles and small group play, especially with Ventrilo/Teamspeak. It seems that many people weren't using that yet when Retail was launched, so the advantage was considerable.

NOV 2003 UI

Eve Trinity Trailer

Welp, today sucked. My corporation is at war with two others. I lost my Raven AND my Caracal in... 2 hours. Lolz. My Raven was expensive. ; ;

Welp, today sucked. My corporation is at war with two others. I lost my Raven AND my Caracal in... 2 hours. Lolz. My Raven was expensive. ; ;
    I'm still waiting for action

I'm guaranteed a (hopefully) good corp once I get up to 6mil SP, but that's still a month or two away ;;

until then, still just care-bearing away. Gonna work on another NPC corp's standings because the location of Fed Navy level IV missions suck ass. all the positive standing agents are either in a major market hub, or .4/.2 space :\

Old Merits
    BG Level

Anybody still play? Me and a friend started playing (second time for me, first for him).

Another day or so before I can train cruisers, I swear it used to be shorter than 2 days to get frig level 4 Q_Q

I'm on right now, and I've got Zhais on my buddy list. Name is Recon Three.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Cool I'll add you later

Groovebox

Add me, name is Smooth Jazz.

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 65 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast