Quote Originally Posted by Kiro
    I've been the sugar daddy for Magus/Fallso so far... >_>
    I never got sugar from you!

Groovebox

Re: EVE Online

wtf, I gave Magus some sugar too >.>

Shuemue, I'll juice you up with some ISKies. What's your in-game name?

I'm yet to log in... I've been too distracted by RL and random trolling, I'll give it a whirl in the morning though.

I'm looking forward to it, I know *nothing* about the game. I have no idea about classes and so on, it'll be really nice to just blunder into it and see what happens.

Go through the tutorial the sexy robot lady makes you do in the beginning. It WILL make the game easier to learn. It's not one of those tutorials you can skip and learn everything that was in it 2 hours later.

i'm awesome.
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Groovebox
    wtf, I gave Magus some sugar too >.>

Shuemue, I'll juice you up with some ISKies. What's your in-game name?
    You're the only person who's given me money, not even my RL friend who plays has given me money even though he says he can make like 20mil an hour easily.

I did stumble upon a huge wreck in .4 sec yesterday though. Zhais happened to be on and I was giving him the play by play. I got 2 Ogre IIs, which won't sell for more than like 350k wtf?, and a bunch of other shit worth about 800k-1000k. It was lucky, I made like 6 mil in the span of 5 minutes on my way back from a mission. I used it to buy Logic (advanced Intelligence learning skill) and I'm currently doing the rank 3 on it since Intell is one of my weaker stats and a primary for alot of what I'm learning atm (hull upgrades, go).

But yeah, I still need money to buy the rest of my advanced skills, wtf Kiro if you're going to say you gave me money you better actually give me money!

@Shue, the game is really complicated but it's much easier if you just bug friends with questions. I did this for about a week after I started, both here on the boards and with my RL friend and learned a fuckton. Even still, there's alot I've yet to touch and alot of skills I have no idea about but for the most part I have an idea of what I'm going for and going to be doing for the next few months. There are no classes, just ships and your character (race/bloodline/specific skills, etc) but anyone can essentially do anything since all the skills are open to all the races. I think the most important thing you need to know before you create your character though is to make sure all your stats are fairly equal. I made the mistake of letting my intell start at a measly 5 which now that I look back I wish I had taken 2 points out of will and thrown into Intell to speed up some learning. So yeah, just make sure all your skills are equal, don't worry about charisma too much.

Yeah I'll definitely play through the tutorial at least once, I like to know wtf I'm doing. I just don't want to do any serious research before I start so that I can try to figure stuff out myself, even if I end up starting over on a fresh trial because I fucked up.

Can I paint my ship pink?

Quote Originally Posted by Shuemue
    Yeah I'll definitely play through the tutorial at least once, I like to know wtf I'm doing. I just don't want to do any serious research before I start so that I can try to figure stuff out myself, even if I end up starting over on a fresh trial because I fucked up.

Can I paint my ship pink?

You really can't 'fuck up' in two weeks.

The game lets you train down any branch you want. In the end, if you played for like 10 years, you could have all skills unlocked and maxed out if you so wish.

and no painting of ships

Quote Originally Posted by Maguspk
    I did stumble upon a huge wreck in .4 sec yesterday though. Zhais happened to be on and I was giving him the play by play. I got 2 Ogre IIs, which won't sell for more than like 350k wtf?, and a bunch of other shit worth about 800k-1000k. It was lucky, I made like 6 mil in the span of 5 minutes on my way back from a mission. I used it to buy Logic (advanced Intelligence learning skill) and I'm currently doing the rank 3 on it since Intell is one of my weaker stats and a primary for alot of what I'm learning atm (hull upgrades, go).

Always check advanced market details when selling tech II stuff. See what people are selling for, and create a sell order instead of selling on the spot. Just make sure all your orders don't end in 24 hours

Play the market. It's a really easy way to make a lot of money off people with too much money on their hands.

LOGGING IN AND CREATING A CHARACTER, COVER ME!

I'm at work. YOU'RE ON YOUR OWN!

Groovebox

LOGGING IN AND CREATING A CHARACTER, COVER ME!
    Post your in-game name, i'll be on later and I'll give you some moneyz

Shuemue in game, don't need any money yet, I have nfc what I'm doing.

Well, I do, but I don't know how to buy stuff, I'm too busy getting used to the interface.

Okay my ship fucking sucks, I got gangbanged by a bunch of pirates that I'm meant to be hunting.

Rofl. @_@;

I figured out how to fix my ship, so I went back for round two.

Shue 5-0 Pirates

Victory!

This game is kinda fun, I don't appear to have levelled up or anything though.

i'm awesome.
    BG Level

This game is kinda fun, I don't appear to have levelled up or anything though.
    Priceless, so innocent it made me laugh.

Eve is weird, there are no level or experience points, just skills that you learn one at a time. Now at first this seems like utter shit, wtf one skill at a time and some skills take upwards of days just to get into higher ranks? Yes, but it's alot better considering you can just logon for brief periods of time and run missions/rat and make some isk or go pvp and then logout. Also, it means if you have the skills and the money you can do it. No need to grind or anything you just need to buy what you want and do it!

I lost some fights early on when I didn't know what I was doing but now that I learned Gallente should be tanking on armor and such I fitted myself for that. I fitted some small armor repair modules on my low slots, an afterburner on my medium slots and 2 railguns on my high slots. All of those except the railguns can be found in missions, the railguns are pretty cheap off the market so if you can use them I'd recommend them and some Uranium Ammo (buy like 5-10k).

I haven't done any modifications to my ship yet, but I did figure out how to buy Navigation and start learning it, few minutes to go.

I'm assuming you can only learn one skill at once, and that you continue learning even while logged out?

Closed Thread
Page 9 of 65 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 59 ... LastLast