Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Sea Torques
    BG Level

Re: Timelines - The Kingdom of San d'Oria

Awesome read, great work Elmer.

11.862 – The Royal Knights rush reinforcements to Fort Karugo-Narugo, helping Windurst to repel the Beastmen threat there.
    This sounds like that scene in the WotG trailer. Doesn't the exp storyline take place in 864? Hopefully this means that flashback cutscenes will be much more in-depth than just panning the camera around a zone, like almost every flashback cutscene outside of the the Serpent General quests.

If Atomos is the reason we get to go back in time, it's probably been around a lot longer than just the Crystal War. In the quest "A Timely Visit", an Elvaan takes shelter from a storm in Ordelle's Caves around the year 784 and wakes up in our time, but I don't remember the rest of the details of the quest, it's been a long time.

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Quote Originally Posted by Kensaki
    Well this is suppoused to be written by historians correct? Wouldn't you find it odd if it was the duke's kid brother doing all the work? Especially when you think about RoZ. If so why didn't just Eld'narche drop the charade and take direct control instead of using his brother as a puppet?
    Why would he do that? It would ruin his plan of getting rid of restoring Tu'Lia. He needed the Shadow Lord, and needed the Shadow Lord to die in order to clear the noise of the Crystal Line. Or something like that <_<

On the subject of the Timely Visit quest, I'm pretty sure they explained it as the Scepter Royalius that had the ability to travel through time, or was it Ordelle's Caves? Or was it the combination of both of them. Not saying it wasn't Atomos but just food for thought

Speaking of food for thought- a common theory is that the elemental stars in the sky are the actual planes where the celestial avatars reside (and by common theory I mean I think BRP posted it once), so that if the Gordeus star went supernova, that would explain why Alexander now needs a coporeal form to take control of since his real body is dead.

At least it makes sense to me

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Argent Dawn

Quote Originally Posted by Rocl
    Well this is suppoused to be written by historians correct? Wouldn't you find it odd if it was the duke's kid brother doing all the work? Especially when you think about RoZ. If so why didn't just Eld'narche drop the charade and take direct control instead of using his brother as a puppet?
    Why would he do that? It would ruin his plan of getting rid of restoring Tu'Lia. He needed the Shadow Lord, and needed the Shadow Lord to die in order to clear the noise of the Crystal Line. Or something like that <_<
    I think we misunderstand eachother. <_<

What I mean is why would Eld'narche be doing all the audiences, summons and stuff if he wanted to be seen as just the duke's little brother instead of having Kam'lanaut doing it? It's like how he portayed himself as the duke's kid brother that wanted to play with <insert girls name I can't remember atm> while Kam'lanaut was giving you the mission and was apologetic about his brother disturbing the meeting.

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

I could of sworn the Duke said that Eld'Narche was much more than a little kid or something when he investigated the magicite

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Argent Dawn

I could of sworn the Duke said that Eld'Narche was much more than a little kid or something when he investigated the magicite
    I'm really shady on my memory of that. You may be right.

Just sounded really wierd for a history book to say Eld'narche did all that(We the players knew he was the puppet master ofc, but did elvaan historians?). when Kam'lanaut is creditted for uniting the alliance.

Just sounded really wierd for a history book to say Eld'narche did all that(We the players knew he was the puppet master ofc, but did elvaan historians?). when Kam'lanaut is creditted for uniting the alliance.
    I don't think they knew he was the real power behind Jeuno, but if Eald'narche shows up in Sand'Oria for a meeting with the Papsque, they're going to write down, "Eald’narche has an audience with Papsque Shamonde."

Ironically, it almost makes more sense that he traveled and delegated orders so much, because as Kam'lanaut's right-hand man, he would be carrying out the stuff that Kam'lanaut is too busy to do or cannot leave Jeuno for.

Kam'lanaut gets all the credit because he is officially recognized as the Grand Duke of Jeuno. So when Destin responds to a summons from Eald'narche, it's probably more like, "C'mere, my brother wants to talk to you."

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Argent Dawn

Quote Originally Posted by Elmer the Pointy

I don't think they knew he was the real power behind Jeuno, but if Eald'narche shows up in Sand'Oria for a meeting with the Papsque, they're going to write down, "Eald’narche has an audience with Papsque Shamonde."

Ironically, it almost makes more sense that he traveled and delegated orders so much, because as Kam'lanaut's right-hand man, he would be carrying out the stuff that Kam'lanaut is too busy to do or cannot leave Jeuno for.

Kam'lanaut gets all the credit because he is officially recognized as the Grand Duke of Jeuno. So when Destin responds to a summons from Eald'narche, it's probably more like, "C'mere, my brother wants to talk to you."
    Yeah you have a point I'll have to admit. Just struck me as odd at first.

We built this city
    We built this city on cock and stooooooone

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

Probably so that if anyone found out they were up to some shady business, he could deny everything, blame his brother, and maintain control of Jeuno.

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Porkchop
    Quote Originally Posted by Spira
    btw.. some of your date formatting is screwed up.. where u get running numbers in front of the date... it starts from

857 – Ferry service between Selbina and Mhaura is established.

8.858 – The Shadow Lord’s Army clashes with the Orcish Empire in the Northlands.

I think those are supposed to be months maybe probably.
    oh THATs what it is?

lol for some reason it didn't occur to me that might be the date.. it also did seem kinda weird considering so many date entries before it was only year.

Banned.

BG Level

Oh, I think the goldrush in San d'Oria is the one that got Mayer, the first president of Bastok, interested in coming to the Middle Lands.

Black Belt
    BG Level

After his skirmish with Windurst, before crosses the Jeuno Strait once again, the Warking Acheufagais took a handful of knights up to Uleguerand Range. There, he joined up with some soldiers who had been stationed in the remote region. Using the height difference to his advantage, Acheufagais was easily able to overtake the invading Orcs. He then flung 1,000 Orcish soldiers from the cliff to their death, obtaining a decisive victory.
    God, that remind me of the scene in 300...

Very nice :D SanDOreo poweh / Im assuming that boy in the WoG trailer then, is Rochefogne? Hed be 12 years old in 862 (when the trailer takes place)
    Rochefogne has black hair, and he pretty much lived in Tavnazia until he destroyed it.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

I apologize if this has been mentioned before (couldn't see it elsewhere) but...

9.863 – The Shadow Lord is sealed.
    868 – The kingdom’s monetary unit, the Noit, is abandoned in favor of Jeuno’s currency, Gil. {The Currency Union}
    Does that mean that the Noit will be the currency in Sandy while we are there during the Crystal War?

Sagacious Sundi

On the subject of the Timely Visit quest, I'm pretty sure they explained it as the Scepter Royalius that had the ability to travel through time, or was it Ordelle's Caves? Or was it the combination of both of them. Not saying it wasn't Atomos but just food for thought

Speaking of food for thought- a common theory is that the elemental stars in the sky are the actual planes where the celestial avatars reside (and by common theory I mean I think BRP posted it once), so that if the Gordeus star went supernova, that would explain why Alexander now needs a coporeal form to take control of since his real body is dead.

At least it makes sense to me
    I remember BRP's Theory of the Elemental Stars, and I like that + your Gordeus idea.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Kujata

Quote Originally Posted by Freysi
    I apologize if this has been mentioned before (couldn't see it elsewhere) but...

9.863 – The Shadow Lord is sealed.
    868 – The kingdom’s monetary unit, the Noit, is abandoned in favor of Jeuno’s currency, Gil. {The Currency Union}
    Does that mean that the Noit will be the currency in Sandy while we are there during the Crystal War?
    it should be, but iirc SE said we're still gonna be using gil in the pime taradox

Sagacious Sundi

Just because gil wasn't the usual thing, doesn't mean it won't be used. Perhaps noit/Bastok currency/Windy currency will serve a different purpose, like CP/IS/AP/etc.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raze Azrael
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Blackrock

Quote Originally Posted by Sagacious Sundi
    Just because gil wasn't the usual thing, doesn't mean it won't be used. Perhaps noit/Bastok currency/Windy currency will serve a different purpose, like CP/IS/AP/etc.
    or they will be like Emperial Currency...

But th poblem is ... arent those the Dynamis Currency
    Sandy: Noit= Bronze Piece, etc
    Windy: Mumu= Shells
    Bastok: Byne= Byne Bills...

so maybe thats unlikely... unless we can buy those with CP or w/e

Sagacious Sundi

Didn't realize noit were their ancient currency. Yeah, so maybe an Imperial currency-like thing, although I remember SE commenting on this.

S N K
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Therin
    So Vrtra was trapped in 831.

The expansion takes place in 862.

Can I get like. One of Ranperre's guards by the door.

Trade him a Cloud Evoker-esque item that grants you access to within.

18-man Ouryu-like BC vs. a slightly weaker Vrtra (less HP, same stats, no pops, just summons).

AFK, jerkin.
    You would..

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g1...301200524a.jpg

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Elmer the Pointy

Yeah you have a point I'll have to admit. Just struck me as odd at first.
    Spoilers for Sandy missions.

The Papsque's goal was to get a member of the royal family to unsheathe the Lightbringer because Eald’narche told him that it would open the gates of paradise. This was literal though, because it would have wiped San d'Oria off of the face of Vana'diel. Eald’narche was quite the little bastard.

Quote Originally Posted by Izzy
    Holy christ windurst was unstoppable lol
    It wasn't the Windurstian EMPIRE for nothing. Heh heh heh..