Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    If you stopped to actually learn something you might not post these uninformed posts.
    BG Level

Accounts Banned & Special Task Force Report (09/25/2007)

Accounts Banned (09/25/2007)

Accounts Banned (Sep. 25)

We would like to report the termination today of multiple accounts held by players involved in the usage of third-party tools or cheats, or engaged in RMT (Real Money Trading) activities.

Based on the results of our investigation, around 7,050 PlayOnline accounts were terminated while around 1,030 accounts were temporarily suspended.
    Additionally, we have increased the number of mass bannings against certain PlayOnline violations in order to prevent illegal acts.

Details of the violations are as follows:

- Usage of tools that allow enhanced character movement.

August 30, Approx. 80 cases
    September 5, Approx. 330 cases
    September 14, Approx. 250 cases
    September 21, Approx. 210 cases

- Usage of tools that circumvent game mechanics with respect to the timing of ability use, etc. in certain areas or at points where Notorious Monsters appear.
    September 21, Approx. 30 cases

- Using cheats to automatically repeat a particular action.
    August 30, Approx. 1,150 cases
    September 6, Approx. 1,500 cases
    September 12, Approx. 1,400 cases
    September 19, Approx. 1,200 cases

- Gil and item exchange for real world money.
    September 25, Approx. 750 casess

- Instances of areas or monster monopolization.
    August 30, Approx. 100 cases
    September 6, Approx. 330 cases

- Usage of synthesis and auction houses for RMT activities.
    September 25, Approx. 680 casess

- Accounts from people that were previously confirmed to have RMT connections, or that had violated the user agreements but re-subscribed to PlayOnline.
    September 19, Approx. 70 cases

The termination of these accounts has led to the removal of approximately 2.6 billion gil from circulation.

We would like to remind players that as well as adversely affecting game balance, the use of third-party tools or cheats can also have consequences that are not immediately obvious, such as introducing damaging viruses, and comprising the security of private account details. Usage of third-party tools will not be tolerated within FINAL FANTASY XI, and we will continue to severely penalize any players found to be in violation of the PlayOnline Member Agreement.

As we continue to ensure a fun and balanced environment for FINAL FANTASY XI, we hope that our players enjoy the game as it was intended and take care to avoid involvement in activities that violate the PlayOnline Member Agreement.

Thank you for your continued cooperation and understanding.
    http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/polnew ... 1347.shtml

If you stopped to actually learn something you might not post these uninformed posts.
    BG Level

Special Task Force Report (09/25/2007)

Special Task Force Report (09/25/2007)
    Today's report will outline our actions conducted from August 28, 2007 to September 25, 2007 in dealing with players violating the user agreement, as well as details on the activities, results, and goals of the Special Task Force.

Click here for details on the Special Task Force's activities in dealing with players violating the FINAL FANTASY XI user agreement.
    Special Task Force activities and future plans

As illustrated in graph 1 below, hunter (*1) activities temporarily increased in May, but were significantly reduced as a result of our intensive efforts.
    We are continuing our activities in dealing with the use of synthesis and auction houses for RMT (*2) and, as a result, a total of 680 accounts have been banned this month. As we continue to deal with many of the problems related to RMT (*3), the FINAL FANTASY XI community is steadily heading in a healthy direction.

However, while the number of hunters has greatly decreased due to our large-scale efforts in dealing with them since the end of May, the number of characters engaged in the use of cheats to automatically repeat particular actions (specifically illegal fishing) has increased.
    As was mentioned in last month's report, we believe the reason for this increase is due to RMT groups having moved to methods of collecting gil with lower-level characters.

Since the end of last month, we have been strengthening our focus on dealing with characters involved in the use of cheats to automatically repeat particular actions (specifically illegal fishing). The results of our actions can be seen in Graph 2 below.
    As seen in the graph, while the number of characters involved in illegal actions decreases immediately after our actions, because illegal fishing can even be performed by lower-level characters, they tend to return rather quickly. Due to this, when looking at the graph's numbers, it may appear that the problem is not improving, but each time we act against such players, the number of accounts returning decreases. As a result, the overall number of players involved in the use of these cheats is on the decline.
    Also, when considering that a total of 5250 accounts were banned in the span of a month, it becomes clear that the number of violators has significantly decreased. We plan to continue to strengthen our efforts in dealing with these problems.

http://www.playonline.com/pcd/topics...348/2348_3.jpg

Matters of concern within the community

In the following section, we will be explaining the Special Task Force's direction and plans in dealing with matters of concern within the community.

- Players are putting their characters in locations outside of Goblin Bounty Hunters' movement range and fishing with machine-like movements.
    We are planning on extending the Goblin Bounty Hunter's movement range and route in the Valkurm Dunes in the next version update. We will also be coordinating the placement of Goblin Bounty Hunters in new areas and extending their movement range and route according to reports provided by FINAL FANTASY XI users.
    If you have any information regarding this subject, please use the "Report to Special Task Force" mail form.

- Suspicious groups are buying up all the materials in the synthesis guilds in San d'Oria, Bastok, and Windurst.
    A large number of the cases where all the materials in a synthesis guild are purchased ultimately end up in the hands of members involved in the use of synthesis and auction houses for RMT. We are aware that countermeasures in dealing specifically with players engaged in the use of synthesis and auction houses for RMT would be effective. We have been engaged in seriously dealing with the above problem since last month and expect to gradually solve these problems within the near future.

- Characters are still using third-party software to perform actions and abilities at impossible timings. I read in a recent report that the use of such tools has decreased. Isn't the Special Task Force dealing with this problem?
    This particular problem shifts the violator in question from a player involved in RMT to a regular player. In actuality, the overall use of such tools has drastically decreased and, compared to when the Special Task Force first started, the number of violations has significantly declined.
    Of course, even if the user is not involved in RMT, the use of cheats and unauthorized tools is prohibited and we are currently continuing our efforts in dealing with the issue.

- I would like the Special Task Force to deal with illegal activities more frequently.
    We are aware that it is more effective to deal with illegal activities at a higher frequency and have been working towards shorter intervals between our actions since the Special Task Force was first formed.
    However, we only deal with illegal activities after first investigating the issues and determining whether they violate the user agreement or not. Because of the time allotted for these investigations, we unfortunately cannot deal with illegal activities more frequently than we do at the moment.
    Instead of making our actions more frequent, we intend to perform more diverse inspections regarding unauthorized software, character connections with RMT, and finding characters engaged in illegal activities more swiftly.

- Some characters that may be involved in RMT are continuously defeating certain monsters over and over again. Isn't the Special Task Force dealing with this?
    Recently hunters have been moving from areas such as Tu'Lia, that require relatively higher-level characters, to actions such as material-collecting, that can be even performed by lower-level characters. At the end of August, we strengthened our activities in the Buburimu Peninsula, which had been a hub of hunter activity, and a total of 430 accounts were banned.
    We are planning on expanding the range of our activities according to the information provided by FINAL FANTASY XI users. If you have any information to provide, we would greatly appreciate it.

The Special Task Force relies on everyone' information to help keep FINAL FANTASY XI an enjoyable environment, and we appreciate your continuing support and cooperation.

Report to Special Task Force

*1, Hunters
    Characters who kill Notorious Monsters, clear quests, and obtain items over and over again with the sole purpose of gathering gil, which is then handed off to RMT groups.

*2. Use of synthesis and auction houses for RMT
    Actions involving selling large quantities of in-game items for gil, which is then traded for real money.

*3. RMT
    "Real Money Trading." Selling game data for real money.

Warning about unauthorized access through spyware

Recently there has been an increase in damages caused by unknown third-party access to PlayOnline accounts where items and gil are lost, and characters are deleted.
    As many of you may be aware, harmful programs known as viruses and spyware are common on the internet and, depending on the kind of program, your computer could become infected by simply viewing a website. Viruses and spyware are believed to be one of the primary causes of recent unauthorized access to PlayOnline.
    The following are a few countermeasures in protecting against such harmful programs.

- Do not access websites with unknown or suspicious content.
    - Do not download software from unknown or suspicious websites.
    - Periodically perform Windows Updates and keep Windows updated to the latest version.
    *Refer to Microsoft' official website for more detailed information.
    - Periodically update your web browser to the latest version.
    - Do not use external tools not approved by Square Enix under any circumstances.
    - Always use the latest antivirus software.

We appreciate your understanding and cooperation in your diligent management of your PlayOnline account.

http://www.playonline.com/pcd/topics...48/detail.html

Re: Accounts Banned (09/25/2007) etc

MUST BE FIRST TO POST NEW AND IMPORTANT INFORMATION FROM SQUARE ENIX!

Damn I lost

Oh well.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

Re: Accounts Banned & Special Task Force Report (09/25/2007)

Recently hunters have been moving from areas such as Tu'Lia,
    This made me lol.

Oh man, I hope some of the Hades RMT were hit by this. Come on baby!

They're getting quite good at this now, aren't they?

Re: Special Task Force Report (09/25/2007)

Correct me if I am wrong, but Graph 2 indicates that implementation of "measures" invariably leads to an increase in fish bots, which then subsides for apparently no reason at all?

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

moved from black soles to armored pisces(sp) making way more gil now

oh and we still here thats weird

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Delekii
    Correct me if I am wrong, but Graph 2 indicates that implementation of "measures" invariably leads to an increase in fish bots, which then subsides for apparently no reason at all?
    lol I just noticed the same thing as well, those are some awesome measures. I think *probably* some dolt just put the square at the wrong place

Quote Originally Posted by Oxx

Kinda surprised you're still here too.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Shuemue
    Quote Originally Posted by Oxx

Kinda surprised you're still here too.
    Guess thats why we still have emergency maint >.>

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Quote Originally Posted by Gathzel
    lol I just noticed the same thing as well, those are some awesome measures. I think *probably* some dolt just put the square at the wrong place
    The downward trend signifies that the overall number of incidents are down, Graph1 shows this basically as a "smoothed" graph or averages shown, where Graph2 would show the actual numbers for the samples taken (every 2.5 days more or less o_O?).

*Side note* some of the consumable craftables are kinda being worth making again

blax n gunz
    BG Level

- Suspicious groups are buying up all the materials in the synthesis guilds in San d'Oria, Bastok, and Windurst.
    A large number of the cases where all the materials in a synthesis guild are purchased ultimately end up in the hands of members involved in the use of synthesis and auction houses for RMT. We are aware that countermeasures in dealing specifically with players engaged in the use of synthesis and auction houses for RMT would be effective. We have been engaged in seriously dealing with the above problem since last month and expect to gradually solve these problems within the near future.
    This made me laugh hard. Hasn't this been happening since launch?

Quote Originally Posted by Correction
    This made me laugh hard. Hasn't this been happening since launch?
    No...since the day after launch. Nevertheless, if this was a race to end cheats and exploits, the RMT were well into the 5th gear about to downshift to 4th because they hit a Carbuncle while SE is just bringing it into 3rd trying to decide if they should hit the dead Carbuncle or signal and go around it.

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

No.. it never increases, it may go up, but doesnt increase over the original mark.

Botters @100%
    SE Attack 1 - Botters go down to 50%
    Time passes along, new botters pop up and rise back to 80%
    SE Attack 2 - Botters go down to 40%
    Time passes along, new botters pop up and rise back to 70%
    SE Attack 3 - Botters go down to 30%
    Time passes along, new botters pop up and rise back to 60%
    SE Attack 4 - Botters go down to 20%
    Time passes along, new botters pop up and rise back to 50%
    Etc.

WASTE OF CURRENCY
    I CAN'T I CAN'T I CAN'T

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Izzy Izumi
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Quote Originally Posted by SephirothYuyX
    No.. it never increases, it may go up, but doesnt increase over the original mark.

Botters @100%
    Etc.
    They drew their graph wrong, it should have looked like this:

http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/8791/rmtgraphnn2.png
    When the counter-measures are activated, the drop should be INSTANT, not a gradual downslope like the one they listed.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Bro Teampill
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

It's good to see they're evolving their strategies in dealing with these guys. It's also nice that they're communicating with us the impact they're having. As a side note, I wish they would have tacked "Unit" onto the end of "Special Task Force." Would have been perfect.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Izzy
    Quote Originally Posted by SephirothYuyX

Botters @100%
    Etc.
    They drew their graph wrong, it should have looked like this:

http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/8791/rmtgraphnn2.png
    When the counter-measures are activated, the drop should be INSTANT, not a gradual downslope like the one they listed.
    They should put the dot on the peak, not on the valley, because it takes process to ban everyone

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Take a finite number of samples at regular intervals (i.e. 2 days). When every second sample is taken on a ban-date, you'll get the above SE graph with linear interpolation.

A bar graph would have been better on this.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Graph 2 is really faulty , and should have been like this.
    Good job Delekii.

http://home.arcor.de/sepuku/aktionen.jpg