+ Reply to Thread
    Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    WoW Realm
    Aegwynn

FFXI windows vista home preimum

I am not sure what the problem is.. but I just got a compaq with nivida 6100 SE card in it and the pc has win vista home premium.. preinstalled. I tried to install win xp pro.. got errors... but ffxi runs but I have it stall/crash a lot.. is it the video card or whats the deal here. Anyone else have this problem.. It is rather annoying.

Sad panda,

Pinkie cat

Pandemonium
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Re: FFXI windows vista home preimum

So... are you running XP now or Vista? What kind of errors did you get? What's wrong with FFXI? Need moar details.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Caprese Dionir
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Nvidia and ffxi have always had minor graphic glitching when certain effects were shown in the game; Vista by itself isn't the problem except that it makes your computer use a lot more power to run than an XP machine would.

As the sticky refers to an Nvidia card with Windows Vista has caused a lot of people lag problems in FFXI, but this combination seems to be somewhat worse to users with Intel chips.

As to the installing XP errors, if you try to install XP while vista is running, it won't let you, downgrading isn't allowed. If you booted from the XP disk and still got errors then what seems like a good possibility is you got a machine with 2 hard drives instead of 1, and they were arrayed in RAID0, which pretty much means the space of both is added together to look like a virtual "big" hard drive. In the majority of cases, Windows XP will require the RAID drivers for that motherboard from a floppy disk (which can be a pain in the ass since most new computers don't have floppy disk drives) or you'll get an error along the lines of" "Setup could not find any valid hard drives on which it can install Windows"

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    WoW Realm
    Aegwynn

my computer has 2 hard drives it looks like o.0.

I just down loaded the updated drivers for my ved card. so far not to many crashes. Other than that the system is okay.

I almost want to just go get my kids thier own little tv and hook up the xbox full time heh

pinkie cat