Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
    Banned.

BG Level

How you can help! (aka grunt work)

Some people, especially moderators, have their own little pet projects along with their normal duties. This thread is for people to request basic things that probably take up a lot of time that they don't have because of them doing other stuff. (May I remind everyone, proofreading is also a nice service to BG!)

For me:

-All of the current entries(the "Details" part) in the History page's timeline need to be the color red.

-Redirects for all Zilart and Promathia missions as such: ZM # and PM #-#. (i.e. Zilart Mission 4 would be ZM 4 and Promathia Mission 3-3 would be PM 3-3).

Re: How you can help! (aka grunt work)

Quote Originally Posted by BRP
    -Redirects for all Zilart and Promathia missions as such: ZM # and PM #-#. (i.e. Zilart Mission 4 would be ZM 4 and Promathia Mission 3-3 would be PM 3-3).
    done, donno what you mean by the first one tho

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

every content page that hasn't been edited to remove [[Category:Translation]] from needs to have [[Category:Translation]] added.

this tentatively includes stubs, but maybe not.

(this is a fuckton of work, as a warning)

I may make a template to do this, since {{trans}} is faster to type than [[Category:Translation]]. if I do, would people like me to make it similar to the stub with a comment to the effect of: "If you are fluent in english and Japanese please contact a sysop if you would like to help?" or not?

For this wiki we're using the convention where if an item has an abbreviation, we use it for the page name.

So, all the items that have abbreviations for their names (like Shaded Specs. for Shaded Spectacles) need redirects from the full name to the abbreviation. So in this example, on the http://wiki.bluegartr.com/Shaded_Spectacles page, add #REDIRECT [[Shaded Specs.]] (already did)

Almost every item with an abbreviation will need this. If you don't know what the abbreviation is (like Hecatomb Leggings) do a search for the full name, and the first result or two should be the right page.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Can't that sort of thing be automated? Just export the POLUtils item info, parse out the abbreviated name versus full log name, and write a script to make a page named for the full log name, and make the contents of said page the redirect to the abbreviation.

Just put a condition in the script to ensure the full name isn't the same as the abbreviated name before it makes the redirect.

It probably could, but we're working on automating the item pages themselves, let alone redirects for them. I think a little manual labor here would be best

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

The only downside to the manual labor bit is that as new items are continually patched in, people have to be on the ball on manually adding redirects for each and every one of them. There's bound to be ones that people miss. With an automated routine as part of some auto-collect script, you could not only add new items by script, but add their redirects along with it so you aren't depending on people to catch every single abbreviated item that needs redirecting.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Could we change the Quest template so that it displays which Quest zone you would find that Quest under your /quest menu.
    I know most are obvious, but some arn't and it would be nice.
    Cheers.

Banned.

BG Level

WM#-#
    WM #-#
    BM#-#
    BM #-#
    SM#-#
    SM #-#
    AU#
    AU #

Lots of work!

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

WM#-#
    WM #-#
    BM#-#
    BM #-#
    SM#-#
    SM #-#
    AU#
    AU #

Lots of work!
    cop and zm are done?

Banned.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Amele
    WM#-#
    WM #-#
    BM#-#
    BM #-#
    SM#-#
    SM #-#
    AU#
    AU #

Lots of work!
    cop and zm are done?
    yip yip yip

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by Amele
    every content page that hasn't been edited to remove [[Category:Translation]] from needs to have [[Category:Translation]] added.

this tentatively includes stubs, but maybe not.

(this is a fuckton of work, as a warning)

I may make a template to do this, since {{trans}} is faster to type than [[Category:Translation]]. if I do, would people like me to make it similar to the stub with a comment to the effect of: "If you are fluent in english and Japanese please contact a sysop if you would like to help?" or not?
    Maybe I'm reading this wrong but I'm confused. Should new pages in english include the category:translation or no?

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

yes.

all new english pages (and old ones that haven't had it removed) need the Category:Translation tag to note that it's a candidate for translation into japanese.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Ok I see now, thanks just wanted to make sure before sticking it on new pages.

Another thing that needs to be done: crafting pages! Alchemy is basically finished, and it looks like Hellfury is working on the smithing page (keep at it!) but the other ones need to be done. This should preferably be done by someone with knowledge of the actual craft, as I saw a number of errors, incomplete and missing synths on the alchemy pages that are out there (example: BULLET SYNTHS DON'T HAVE A x66 HQ LIKE ARROWS DO NUBS!)

Anyway, could really use some help on these, as it should bring a lot of hits from other wiki once its finished (I know all half of what I used it for was synth skillups >.>)

If you're gonna get involved, remember it is a fairly time consuming process. Check out http://wiki.bluegartr.com/Template:Craft and http://wiki.bluegartr.com/Alchemy for how they should look.

EDIT: and for what I added before about the redirects, unless/until we get an automated process going I'm not asking nor demanding a complete set. Simply if you see one thats missing (say, searched for an item and didn't get directed there immediately) add the redirect. For god's sake I didn't mean spend hours doing all of them >.>