Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Chocobo Food and breeding     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Chocobo Food and breeding

Right now I am about to finish up with getting Discernment to First Class. I want to switch to raising its Strength while I finish perparing another Chocobo on a mule to breed with this one. I noticed that the Care Plan for Str as an adult will not effect Discernment, but I am unsure what food I can use that will effect Str without impacting my Discernment.

Second I would like to know if anyone has any good links to chocobo breeding results. I am given the impression that High Discernment Chocobos will lead to a red chocobo chicks.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Re: Chocobo Food and breeding

Quote Originally Posted by Excalin Garisk
    Right now I am about to finish up with getting Discernment to First Class. I want to switch to raising its Strength while I finish perparing another Chocobo on a mule to breed with this one. I noticed that the Care Plan for Str as an adult will not effect Discernment, but I am unsure what food I can use that will effect Str without impacting my Discernment.
    Greens, Greens are good for affection which helps with the Care Plans. Greens don't lower stats.

I am given the impression that High Discernment Chocobos will lead to a red chocobo chicks.
    Color has nothing to do with stats. Color is determined by "genetic" information, thus red parents are likely to produce red children, no matter which stats are being raised. Although there is a theory that high Discernment in the parent will lead to a higher chance of the chick having the parents color.

I have raised more than four Chocobos using the same strategy with the intention of high Discernment, none of them spontaneously turned a color other than yellow (the parents color, same parent set for all Chocobos).

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

KI choco board has good info on it as people there tend to play with this stuff alot.

Btw I read the topic title as Chocobo food and breastfeeding <_<

Quote Originally Posted by Lordwafik
    KI choco board has good info on it as people there tend to play with this stuff alot.

Btw I read the topic title as Chocobo food and breastfeeding <_<
    You have selective reading for a chocobo fetish? >.>

Guess Ill breed till I get both abilities and just start from scratch on my mules to try to find colored chocobos to breed

I was told feeding more then one of those greens would give it a tummy ache.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Guess Ill breed till I get both abilities and just start from scratch on my mules to try to find colored chocobos to breed
    You can't get two abilities via breeding, a Chocobo can only inherit up to one.

I was told feeding more then one of those greens would give it a tummy ache.
    A sufficently depleted chocobo can eat two Azouph Greens or three Gysahl Greens (don't know about Sharug) without any problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Frenzy
    You can't get two abilities via breeding, a Chocobo can only inherit up to one.
    Can you show me where this source comes from?

I will have to double check with my saved links at work on the source, but one of the two guides I printed out states that the chick can be born with up to two abilities.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Can you show me conclusive proof that they do get born with more than two abilities? And I don't mean one solitary guide.
    I have raise about twenty Chocobos, non of them had more than one ability, I've also never ehard of a Chocobo born with two.