BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Re: Tango with a Tracker (quest)

Did uh..PLD/WAR BLM/NIN BLM/NIN I believe, was a long time ago.

iirc we had to wipe and rr for the final one with low #.

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by SathFenrir

Remember strat? lol, PLD vokes..BLM nuke, sleep nuke sleep?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Ceberoth
    Quote Originally Posted by SathFenrir

Remember strat? lol, PLD vokes..BLM nuke, sleep nuke sleep?
    Tango is the DRK + THF correct? Not all 3? If so I voke pet, since it can't be slept, flash DRK -> sentinel -> BLM sleep the THF nuke -> sleep DRK down -> nuke / sleep THF down, think we wiped here right after / as THF was dying to a nasty whirl claws.

pet reset, we rr up unweaken -> kill.

For the all 3 BC it was uh... PLD/WAR BLM BLM SAM/WAR, same overall strategy, had SAM meikyo one down real quick.

Again I'm shady, only done the weapon BC once in like the past 3 months, Y's scythe and stopped again lol

3 blms can win, time thundaga3, manafont, blizzaga3, if you die get right up and cast another ga3.

Kaeko
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

I do the 3 mithra version of this BC weekly for X knife duo with a THF friend. You can do it without having to reraise (it gets tricky to RR when you have the DRG pet later on because it has weird aggro rules). Basically there's a huge pillar in that BC so you can kite 4-5 mobs there easily with a good THF in regen gear. I just pick them off solo while she kites everything. I assume it would work for the 2 mithra version.

Couple of things to watch out for.

They call each other to perform skillchains with each other, so hate can get messy and change in an instant. Even if you have never touched 1 of them, if the other calls SC on you, the other follows suit until it attempts a WS or you wait it out long enough for them to give up.

Sleep works but requires elemental seal to land. Also, all sleeps on the mithras only last 1/2 duration maximum (sleep II only works for 18.5 game minutes as opposed to 37 game minutes).

They have roughly 4,000 HP each. I can three shot them with freeze 2 > burst 2 > thunder 3.

I believe if you kill X, X's Rabbit becomes non-aggressive if you wipe and reraise.

Bind works pretty well and lands often even from a BLM. Gravity lands but it will wear almost immediately on the mithras so it's not worth using (even on ES). If you want to attempt to solo 1 as a BLM try this... "Pull" off the kiter with Freeze 2 > Bind > Burst 2 > ES Sleep > Thunder 4. They all cast stuff so you can get off a 3 or 4 spell during the cast if it's long cast. Watch X b/c it will use Utsu (would need ga3)

If you have the DRG (Z?), the pet does not return to base camp in event of a wipe. This is not good because it will sit on top of the last guy that died probably and will aggro immediately upon RR. Even worse, when it aggros, it automatically links anything else that's in the BC to you. Then the aggro is zone based so it would wipe the entire party too.

There's a video of a RDM soloing the 3 mithra version on stage6.

New Merits
    BG Level

RDM and SMN are both strong here too, anything with 2hr magic damage.

Tango is much easier than Requiem of Sin because the mobs won't have Pro/Shell, and any Elemental Seal sleeper should buy you enough time to cut the group down to manageable size. Requiem is the same concept but requires either more people, more Reraise, or more ingenuity since you start with 5 enemies.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Three or more BLMs should do the trick for this seires of BCs. Obviously the more BLMs the easier it is. My group has had some pretty crappy luck. Doing Requim of Sin for like 3 or 4 months has only netted us one weapon (Scythe). Our THF is getting pretty emo over the drop rate and empty chests are pretty annoying!

New Merits
    BG Level

Our THF is getting pretty emo over the drop rate
    Ya, any thread about this fight should have the obligatory disclaimer:
    Make sure your friends are okay with zero loot and likely exp loss for 3 or 6 or 12 months before any gratification.

Motherfucking
    NOSTRADAMUS

Vamos los Perds!

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Wulfgang Amadeus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Tango is a joke if you have anyone with Striders, Skadi, Herald's or even flee. We had our Gaiters BLM get initial aggro and kite the Rabbit + Flying Rat around the rock. RDM ES Sleep IIed one mithra, NIN and I dropped the other before sleep wore, then killed 2nd mithra; pets fell shortly thereafter.

Been meaning to go for Requiem for a while but tough to get all the people together. Anyone who has done it, would it be fairly easy for me to run in on RNG with Powder Boots + Skadi's Jambeaux, get aggro from all, and kite as the RDM BRD NIN PLD pick off the mobs one by one? I don't forsee any issues with this. It's either that or I go DRK and Souleater + Octave zerg two of them down asap; just afraid some gay SC will get off or something and drop me.

New Merits
    BG Level

Anyone who has done it, would it be fairly easy for me to run in on RNG with Powder Boots + Skadi's Jambeaux, get aggro from all, and kite as the RDM BRD NIN PLD pick off the mobs one by one?
    I wouldn't recommend melee dmg strategy with fewer than 2 ES Sleepers. You could kite the pets away, then have PLD + NIN melee one of them while RDM solos another with 2hr but I can't predict what will happen hatewise in that situation, they /assist after a sister uses WS. The maximum time RDM could buy you would be 30 seconds (Sleepga) or 45 seconds on one (Sleep II). Not sure PLD+NIN could do ~4500 dmg in that time frame.

I do the second fight with all three of them about once a week for a THF friend of mine. Our setup is SAM SAM WAR/SAM THF WHM/BLM BLM. Thf gets initial agro, flees the pets away, each SAM and the WAR voke one of the mithras, WHM does ES sleepga on them. Then the melees burn them down using 2-hrs, one per mob. Before sleepga wears the BLM does ES sleepga II on whichever ones aren't dead yet, then we kill the pets. We did the same thing with the first fight, only it was even simpler since there were only 2 mithras to kill. Not the smallest group, but it works well for us, and it usually seems easier to find melees for things rather than trying to get a group of BLMs together.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

Manaburn for this one and Requiem of Sin is way too easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Bratt
    Manaburn for this one and Requiem of Sin is way too easy.
    damn right it is, my LS goes with 4-5 BLMS a week (if we go) and we can pretty much 1 shot all the mobs with 1 Thundaga3, 2/9 on X's Knife.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fitz Everleigh
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by ReddwarfX
    2/9 on X's Knife.