BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Kujata

Re: Timelines - The Federation of Windurst

these timelines make me wish WoG were set way before the crystal war, when Windy was conquering 1/2 the world fighting Elvaan and Bastok was like Deadwood

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Kyreth
    Interesting to note Windurst had guilds that shut down, too. (Namely, leathercrafting.) Maybe having a "balance of nature" ranger leading the Mithra had something to do with that?
    the mithran tanner npc in the leather guild already mentions that the guild was shut down during the great war and that she one day planned to reopen it.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

From their names, I'm assuming that all of the Star Sybil in the past (and present) have been female. Is this just a tradition, or is there a deeper meaning behind it? It's especially surprising with so much mention of "Patriarchs."

Sagacious Sundi

Whoa, thanks a whole bunch, Elmer!

They mention Samariri. She created the Poroggos supposedly, right?

Also, some parts of the Yagudo confuse me...
    They say Oztroja is the native city of the Yagudo, the Far Easterners said they resembled the Tengu, and a ToAU cutscene calls the Yagudo in the Far East Tengu, I think. Do they really originate in the east, and them being native to Mindartia is like how Native Americans aren't really native? Or they originate in the west and some travelled to the east and were called Tengu (due to resembling the mythical creatures)? Or did they sprout up in both?

01 C.E. – Without warning, the star of Gordeus goes supernova, lighting up the night sky for an entire year. The people of Vana’diel believe this to be the advent of their Goddess.

Approximately 200 – TaruTaru begin immigrating to the continent of Quon.

217 – A village is built around some ancient ruins and named Windurst.

219 – Magic is discovered by Rimirara, a young TaruTaru girl.
    This also confuses me. Do you mean Mindartia? It makes sense, but "immigrating to the continent of Quon" seems out of place with the rest of this section.

Anyway, thanks again!

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Quote Originally Posted by ronin sparthos
    Isnt Dragon's Aery a zilart zone? That will be the excuse why we cant hunt Fafhogg =/

No Zi'tah is a major downer as well.
    Considering it looks like we'll go back to Lufaise (so the screenshots look like at least) I wouldn't discard all RoZ zones in WoG yet

Sagacious Sundi

Considering the Tribune had an article (one of the Josea ones) about pilgrims travelling to Li'Telor right after the war, I wouldn't be surprised if it's accessible in WoG. Kuzotz, Elshimo, Movalpolos, and Bibiki have reasons for not being accessible, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Sagacious Sundi
    Also, some parts of the Yagudo confuse me...
    They say Oztroja is the native city of the Yagudo, the Far Easterners said they resembled the Tengu, and a ToAU cutscene calls the Yagudo in the Far East Tengu, I think. Do they really originate in the east, and them being native to Mindartia is like how [b]Native Americans aren't really native?[b]
    When I put "native," it was to denote that they were there before the Taru.

Also, fixing names.

the mentions of hypno mage and silent mage gave me a stiffy. not really but it was interesting.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Fantastic work Elmer, much appreciated.

When they say she "ascended into heaven"- is there a star for her? (Like the Celestial Avatars and some other notables "taken into heaven".
    It's more like the Taru believe she attained Nirvana, or passed into the next life, rather than "Rimilala dies."

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Sho
    Always wanted to know why Yagudo knew Eastern arts-- I'm sure alot of other people will be pleased at this part of the timeline as well. It also makes sense why Shanttoto was so urgent to be one of the first to make contact with Aht Urhgan when The 2nd Age of Judgement began to occur. Also... was Lehh Habro stated to be a Mithra? If so, that's damn interesting for a Mithra to teach the Yagudo theocratic military arts...
    I believe the 'east' being referenced in the timeline would be the Far-East and not the Near-East of Aht Urhgan.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Myrle
    Always wanted to know why Yagudo knew Eastern arts-- I'm sure alot of other people will be pleased at this part of the timeline as well. It also makes sense why Shanttoto was so urgent to be one of the first to make contact with Aht Urhgan when The 2nd Age of Judgement began to occur. Also... was Lehh Habro stated to be a Mithra? If so, that's damn interesting for a Mithra to teach the Yagudo theocratic military arts...
    I believe the 'east' being referenced in the timeline would be the Far-East and not the Near-East of Aht Urhgan.
    Yes, the Far-East is referenced several times in ToAU though. Our Near-Eastern buddies are at war with the folks in the Far-East.

Also, I'm thinking that there weren't any Yagudo in the Far-East originally, but after forming the pact with the Eastern folks some of the Yagudo probably moved over that way, and stayed.
    When they say “people who resemble Tengu”, they probably mean these tengu and not Yagudo.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Charismatic
    Quote Originally Posted by Myrle
    Yes, the Far-East is referenced several times in ToAU though. Our Near-Eastern buddies are at war with the folks in the Far-East.

Also, I'm thinking that there weren't any Yagudo in the Far-East originally, but after forming the pact with the Eastern folks some of the Yagudo probably moved over that way, and stayed.
    When they say “people who resemble Tengu”, they probably mean these tengu and not Yagudo.
    Yes certainly the Far and the Near East are at war, but I was refering given by a certain NPC from the Far East in Chains of Promathia.

Specifically: You learn about the Far-East from Tenzen at the end of the CoP storyline. His country is going to war with we can now presume to be Aht Urhgan.

The Far East is like an iceberg plotwise- we keep seeing chunks we think are huge, then you realize they're all connected together to something much bigger...

Gawd, I'm looking forward to when we actually get to adventure in the Far East and see the rest of the Empire going there.

The Far East is like an iceberg plotwise- we keep seeing chunks we think are huge, then you realize they're all connected together to something much bigger...

Gawd, I'm looking forward to when we actually get to adventure in the Far East and see the rest of the Empire going there.
    This post brought up a line of throught for me: Would you prefer it to be two expansions with two separate storylines that maybe twine together at the end (like it was for the Center Lands with RotZ and CoP) or would you prefer they try to make it all into one huge storyline, maybe with some tie-ins to CoP and ToAU (through Tenzen and the war/Gessho)?

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

8.862 – The Parliament of Patriarchs dispatches an envoy to the Southern lands.

12.862 - A large amount of reinforcements arrive from the Southern lands.
    hai2uSouthernLands

I might be dumb enough to delete my email accounts
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Elmer the Pointy
    To commemorate the 500th anniversary of the discovery of magic, a grand festival is held in the Federation’s capital. From every clan and region TaruTaru mages gathered, dressed in extravagant robes and bright-colored tunics. The main celebration took place in Windurst Walls, where magicians competed, showing off their unique magical skills. Records of the festival indicate the performance of incredible feats, such as Black Mages transforming chairs into Chocobos, and White Mages creating a sun in the night sky.
    I want my chocobo making magic and my sun making in the night sky magic, asap.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Did anyone else see the references to the early attempts by Zonpa-Zippa at creating artificial soldiers prior to creating the Cardians and think, "These are going to be monsters in WotG"?

Sagacious Sundi

Quote Originally Posted by Hashmalum
    Did anyone else see the references to the early attempts by Zonpa-Zippa at creating artificial soldiers prior to creating the Cardians and think, "These are going to be monsters in WotG"?
    I'm given the impression that there were only ten total, so I don't think they'll be regular monsters, if that's what you mean. Help you on a mission and possibly be a boss fight? Probably.

Also, Elmer, are you 100% sure it's supposed to say they migrated Quon and not Mindartia in the Age of Beasts section? It just seems so out of place.

Quote Originally Posted by Sagacious Sundi
    Also, Elmer, are you 100% sure it's supposed to say they migrated Quon and not Mindartia in the Age of Beasts section? It just seems so out of place.
    You are absolutely right, I just put Quon without thinking. Fixed it