+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: NFL Week 5 Picks     submit to reddit submit to twitter

The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

Re: NFL Week 5 Picks

Quote Originally Posted by Mizango
    I don't see Johnson as the # 2 receiver in the NFL, but as I said earlier, to each their own. Newman is the second best corner in the NFL? Who am I to tell you different. People outside the confines of Dallas, such as myself, may see that completely different. Go ahead, tell me next about how Romo is a hall of famer and how he will surpass Manning, Marino and Favre in every conceivable record in history.

Cowboys fans are notoriously good at hoisting their own into the stratosphere of the Gods. I'd expect nothing less from any Cowboys fan. I didn't mean to ruffle your proverbial feathers there champ just giving my "Opinion", which is the Cowboys suck and Newman is definitely not the number 2 corner in the NFL.
    the douchebaggery continues, and thats fine i understand you just dont like dallas fans and that too is fine, but i already stated besides TO and Newman, dallas doesnt have any top 5 players at their respective positions, so everytime you make a comment saying dallas fans thinking crayton is the next rice or that im going to say romo is better than manning, marino, or favre you just come out looking like a twat. i respect your opinion, and thats fine, im actually interested to see who you might think the best corner in the league is next to bailey. but its plane to see you dont respect my opinion or you wouldnt make snide little remarks about dallas fans.

The Mizzle Fizzle of Nikkei's Haremizzle

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

See that's where you're wrong; I do indeed respect your opinion. Its just that I like enraging Dallas fans more. Call it douchbaggery if you will, I call it fun. It's all out of love man, nothing but love.

"A rose by any other name would smell as sweet."

Right?

Edit: Carolina > Dallas. *wink

The Optimistic Asshole
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

I think Johnson is probably the 3-5th best WR in the league, but, without a doubt, he'd be the first or 2nd (harrison) WR I'd want if I were to build an NFL team. Next to no drama on a team littered with with it. Spends nights in the stadium watching film, and works harder than anyone else on his team.

Cake Mix

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by Tyche
    I think Johnson is probably the 3-5th best WR in the league, but, without a doubt, he'd be the first or 2nd (harrison) WR I'd want if I were to build an NFL team. Next to no drama on a team littered with with it. Spends nights in the stadium watching film, and works harder than anyone else on his team.
    No joke. With all the stunts he pulls, he does it for good publicity and he's no where near TO status as far as making his team look bad. He does it for him, as well as his team. That and his celebrations are funny.

Been Here Longer Than you
    BG Level

Newman the 2nd best CB in the NFL? You got to be kidding me...

The Anti Miz

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Weltall
    Newman the 2nd best CB in the NFL? You got to be kidding me...
    magnificent contribution to the thread =D> perhaps you can shed some light on your point of view?

BG Level

In no particular order

CB's better than Newman?

1. Samuel
    2. Bailey
    3. Dre Bly
    4. Clements
    5. C. McCallister
    6. Pacman

= to Newman:

1. Delta O'Neal
    2. D. Hall
    3. R. Mathis
    4. Woodson

If going by stats solely, C. Finnegan is better than him as well. Try contributing without being a complete homer. There is no way in hell Newman is the second best CB in the NFL. He isn't even in the top 3-5 in the AFC ffs. NFC ftl.

1 - Romo is a top 5 QB this year with his weapons on offense. He looks like a kid during recess just having fun, and hes up there this year.

2 - ocho cinco is dirty, as is housh (my best reciever =/). both are top 10 in the league, as far as big time plays goes chad is there with moss and smith this year, with others perhaps (burress has been nice).

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

IMO Terrence Newman is one of the best CB's in the NFL right now. Everytime I watch him play, he reminds me of Deion Sanders. He's super quick, he's one of the better tackling corners, if not the best. Newman has hops, I've seen him outjump Roy Williams (WR from Lions). Deion Sanders when he played shut down his side of the field so QB's would never throw it to him. Terrence Newman does the same thing, you can look at the record books, his stats, but you can't go by those numbers since QB's don't throw it on Newman. Well you can but, the only way you can really see how good Terrence is, is by watching him play. He's covered the best of the best WR's. But yea, 5'11 Newman won't be able to defend 6'4 Moss in the red zone. Watch the Bills game this week and you'll see what I'm talking about. It's going to be Lee Evans vs Terrence Newman(his first start even though he's still now 100%), which is going to be a good match up.

Oh and this is why the Dallas Cowboys are playing so good.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_5rSKJ9I5Q

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Andarvi
    1 - Romo is a top 5 QB this year with his weapons on offense. He looks like a kid during recess just having fun, and hes up there this year.

2 - ocho cinco is dirty, as is housh (my best reciever =/). both are top 10 in the league, as far as big time plays goes chad is there with moss and smith this year, with others perhaps (burress has been nice).
    Imo:

1. Johnson - catches everything, short, medium, deep, slants, cross, etc. Also not afraid of taking big hits; gets right back up.
    2. Harrison - best route runner ever in the NFL (Save maybe Cris Carter?)
    3. Moss
    4. TO/Andre Johnson
    5. Boldin/Holt

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Everyone always overlooks Andre Johnson. Curse of the Texans I suppose.

Indeed, its hard to assess the quality of a WR at times because their productivity is so reliant on their QB. Chad has Carson, Moss has had Randall/Tom, Marvin/Peyton, Holt/ Warner, TO McNabb/Romo. Please give Andre johnson or Boldin those types of QBs and that would be interesting.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Andarvi
    Indeed, its hard to assess the quality of a WR at times because their productivity is so reliant on their QB. Chad has Carson, Moss has had Randall/Tom, Marvin/Peyton, Holt/ Warner, TO McNabb/Romo. Please give Andre johnson or Boldin those types of QBs and that would be interesting.

I agree 100%.

BG Level

Boldin is an absolute beast already.

To be fair, I don't live anywhere near Dallas and even i know that if you ask any NFL coach or top WR they will tell you Newman is the most underrated CB in the NFL. That being said, you can't compare him to Bailey / Samuel / Clements because he mostly just covers the slot. I don't think he is the #2 CB in the NFL but he covers the slot WR better than any other CB in the league. His ability to shutdown the slot WR lets his defense give safety help to the other two CBs on passing downs, which in turn gives the pass-rush more time to get to the QB.

While Newman is not straight up the 2nd best CB in the league, he is by far the best player on his team and is more valuable to his team's defense than a Clements or Samuel would be.

Cake Mix

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

I agree about Boldin. He's already a beast. Give him a QB like Manning, Brady, or Carson and good god. He'd be an unstoppable force.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

The Anti Miz

BG Level

stuff
    dont give me that homer shit, if marion barber werent in my sig you guys wouldnt even know i was a dallas fan, in another thread i talked about how terrible roy williams is, not something a homer would do, and i absolutely praised brian westbrook, also not something a homer would do for a division rival. the fact that you think dre bly is one of the top 6 corners in the league completely throws out any mirage of football knowledge you might have had. that guy gets beat more often than my dick. saying charles woodson is on the same level as newman is just as laughable considering woodson isnt the best corner on his own team. and anyone thats known deltha oneal since he came into the league would know that hes been a career disappointment. the sad thing is youve probably never even seen newman play, he doesnt make highlite reals and hes not a house hold name, but just like scrockstar said, ask any coach or wr in the league and they will tell you newman is the most underrated CB.

NEWSFLASH: interception totals dont make a top corner. a top corner doesnt routinely get beat, a top corner doesnt lead the league in pass interference penalties. a top corner can take his receiver out of the game, a top corner can line up on either side of the field including the slot, a top corner can play the run as well as a safety. guess who the only corner on your list is that can do all those things... CHAMP BAILEY.

corners you didnt list that are better than half the ones you did:
    IN NO PARTICULAR ORDER

antoine winfield
    Nnamdi Asomugha
    Charles Tillman

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by tyven
    stuff
    Stuff
    I was going to add Winfield to the list, but I haven't seen him play enough. Yes, I know INTs =/= best CB. Thrown at/Passes Defended/Tackles/Sacks/Interceptions/Speed does. You keep on preaching Newman, and I will keep taking the other guys. Newman is good, but not nearly as good as you're making him out to be. Try the AFC Cowboy's fan. I can't wait for the Pats(I hate them btw) to stomp a mud hole in Dallas' ass.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by tyven
    stuff
    Stuff
    Try the AFC Cowboy's fan. I can't wait for the Pats(I hate them btw) to stomp a mud hole in Dallas' ass.
    i lol'd