+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: NFL Week 5 Picks     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Been Here Longer Than you
    BG Level

Re: NFL Week 5 Picks

Deleted

ExcaliMod
    Paper Towels? Who needs paper towels, Under the sink they go!

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Anyone have a video of that hit Clark took today. Easily the most vicious looking hit this season so far.

The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Tekki
    Anyone have a video of that hit Clark took today. Easily the most vicious looking hit this season so far.
    http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter?season=20 ... e_id=29266 @ 00:57

Saint Daahan Von Quitter the 1st
    Patron of Yin

BG Level

Dallas Clark was kicking and screaming in pain. It has to be one of the biggest hits I have ever seen in the NFL.

E. Body
    BG Level

I love bye weeks - better chance to get a perfect score.

I got the KC & NO games wrong, but if dallas wins, i'll be 12/14 on the week and reclaim 1st place in my pickem league

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Hardest hit in the NFL? Watch more Sean Taylor. Mike Sellers had a good hit the other day too:

Sellers:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUVJrLrLHPg

The Anti Miz

BG Level

sellers is such a truck, i remember week one he dragged three dolphins for about 5 yards. and week two he ran over dawkins. i met him at dulles town center last year and the guy is the size of a house, i just couldnt believe it.

I'm leaving in about an hour to go tailgate for tonight's MNF game. I need to be good and drunk when the Cowboys slaughter my Buffalo Bills.

The Mizzle Fizzle of Nikkei's Haremizzle

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Norelco
    I'm leaving in about an hour to go tailgate for tonight's MNF game. I need to be good and drunk when the Cowboys slaughter my Buffalo Bills.
    lol Nice. At least BBQ and Beer can mask the pain for a while. Either way I'm envious, I hope you have a good time.

Quote Originally Posted by Mizango
    lol Nice. At least BBQ and Beer can mask the pain for a while. Either way I'm envious, I hope you have a good time.
    Why thank you, very much. It's not often that Buffalo gets night games so I plan to have a good one tonight. And believe it or not it's 84 in Buffalo today...in October.

The Mizzle Fizzle of Nikkei's Haremizzle

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Mizango
    Why thank you, very much. It's not often that Buffalo gets night games so I plan to have a good one tonight. And believe it or not it's 84 in Buffalo today...in October.
    That's insane. lol

BG Level

It was 94 at the Titan's game I was at yesterday. It was 103 on the field.

E. Body
    BG Level

I need some trade advice. My current team in a 12man keeper/auction league:

QB: Drew Brees, David Garrard
    RB: Edgerrin James, Willie Parker, Maurice Jones-Drew, Fred Taylor, LaMont Jordan, Dominic Rhodes
    WR: T.J. Houshmandzadeh, Braylon Edwards, Donte' Stallworth, Bernard Berrian
    TE: Todd Heap
    K: Nick Folk
    DEF: Minnesota

I have three trades I have proposed/am considering -- which of these is best in my favor?

1) Willie Parker & Bernard Berrian --For-- Torry Holt & Marshawn Lynch
    2) Willie Parker & Todd Heap --For-- Antonio Gates & NWE DEF
    3) Edgerrin James, Willie Parker, & Todd Heap --For-- LaDainian Tomlinson, Marques Colston, & Kellen Winslow

Which of these should I take? As of right now, my 2 players I will keep are Maurice Jones-Drew and Edgerrin James. Lynch or Tomlinson would replace one of those players as a kept player, while the 2nd trade is more -short term- given that I have 6 decent runningbacks, 4 of which are starter quality.

EDIT: I'm 2-2, likely will lose this week.

The Anti Miz

BG Level

willie parker not finding the end zone most of the year and a healthy davenport getting goal line carries is hurting me in a league as well but you might want to hold on to him. 7 extremely weak run defenses are still on the steelers schedule so you can get a little hope from there.

how many receivers and RBs can you start a week? the third trade will still leave you really weak at wide receiver and if you are in a league where you run 3 wrs it could hurt. but you would instantly be improved at RB and TE. if you think braylon edwards will stay at his current rate of play then i say pull the trigger, housh, edwards, tomlinson, mojo, jordan, and winslow is a pretty nice roster. but if you feel edwards and housh are both over achieving then take the second trade antonio gates has outscored parker and heap combined all year not to mention you will add an extremely nice def. to your roster to pair with minnesota, you will be able to find a favorable match up most weeks. lamont jordan has been a steal in most leagues, and if his back isnt dinged up too bad and he doesnt lose too many carries to rhodes you can look at him as a #2 fantasy back.

E. Body
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by tyven
    do et
    thanks for the advice. I don't see Housh or Braylon really slowing down. Braylon has put up 9 receptions for over 200 yards and a score going up against Baltimore & New England, playing against Chris McAllister and Asante Samuels. I traded for Braylon earlier before the games began (I had the option of getting Chris Chambers of Galloway, and I decided to take Braylon) because I believe in the whole 3rd-year-WR thing, and they gave Derek Anderson the job under center. A bad result of doing the Tomlinson trade would be that I'm going to have 3 bye players in week 7, two of which are from this trade alone. Thankfully, I'm deep at RB to replace Tomlinson for that week. The league starts 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 W/T, 1 K, 1 D. As of right now, because the team with Tomlinson has no 2nd running back, I am going to offer less than both Edge & Parker. My number 1 option is to get Holt & Lynch, although as you mentioned, I would really like to get my hands on Gates, who's been playing like an elite WR. The owners of Harrison, Fitzgerald, Chad Johnson, and other stud WRs are unwilling to make any trade, and the top WRs I can go after right now are Torry Holt, maybe Plaxico Burress (same FF team as Holt), Roy Williams, and maybe Reggie Wayne.

Some other options I have in terms of trades, are trading Willie Parker for Cotchery or Moss and Ben Watson, although Parker plays some extremely soft defenses in upcoming weeks. His toughest week is week 14 v. NWE, and the second is week 17 @ BAL, which isn't even on our ff schedule. I can also do a trade most likely, sending Parker for Roy Williams (and maybe get Lee Evans out of it as well).

EDIT: I might be able to do a 1-1 trade of Parker for Owens. Any thoughts?

BG Level

I didn't read the posts after his, but take:

3) Edgerrin James, Willie Parker, & Todd Heap --For-- LaDainian Tomlinson, Marques Colston, & Kellen Winslow

LT is going to find the endzone more than Parker+James combined. Todd Heap is not living up to what he should be, and Winslow is a big improvement over him.

Things to look at:

1. Cleveland is throwing the ball. Jamal Lewis just got injured, which means they will be throwing it even more.
    2. Cleveland WR core is starting to live up to their draft positions. This will get Winslow open even more often.
    3. EVentually Colston has to do something? I say that, but he keeps killing me every week. Maybe you can use Colston as future trade bait?

DO IT !

Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Totally Tyr. LT's getting warmed up, Colston will do something soo.. but Winslow. He's not going to do as hot as people are thinking. Just because the Browns lost their main running attack, it doesn't mean they'll be getting him the ball a lot. Remember that defenses now know that all the Browns will be able to do is throw the ball, meaning they will counter that with the blitz and heavy coverage. If anything, they'll be shut down easier. While they had Jamal Lewis, they could go off the play action pass a lot, so keep that in mind. I'm sure he'll still get the ball more than Heap though, since McNair is having issues.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Oshi-fake punt

Ironing this Thread
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Quote Originally Posted by Insanelol
    Oshi-fake punt
    This is gonna be one hell of an upset, holding them at the 1 and then getting a int-return for a td lol.

LOL romo

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast