Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Mee Deggi     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Tonko

Mee Deggi

Lottery off of any Yagudo in the courtyard and respawn aprox 1 hour?

Anyone had much experience camping this lately?

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Re: Mee Deggi

Mee and Quu still use their old placeholder, however they don't spawn in place of it.

PH respawns 5h:07m ingame after it dies. Mee and Quu can spawn 2h:00 to 7h:00 after the PH is killed. Hence it is possible for both to be up at the same time.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by In Flames
    Mee and Quu still use their old placeholder, however they don't spawn in place of it.

PH respawns 5h:07m ingame after it dies. Mee and Quu can spawn 2h:00 to 7h:00 after the PH is killed. Hence it is possible for both to be up at the same time.

Really? I had read that the NM will spawn in place of PH. 5hours (in-game) after the PH dies. Good to know that it can spawn 2-7hrs, though. Which sounds right.

Another question regarding this: Does the PH alternate between Drummer and Interrogator? I mean that for individual NM spawns. Inside the window for the NM, will the PH change? I haven't really camped this guy before and I was there the other day. I saw a Drummer walking in the water and tracked his ToD and 5hrs later an Interrogator would spawn and vice versa.

Tonko

Talk to me as if I've never camped this NM before (because I haven't) and have no idea what you just said (and I don't)

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

I haven't personally seen this happen, but I've heard several reports of it so

Anyways how I always did it was; Wide Scan- the Yagudo below the two on the island in the middle was a lottery between the two that weren't on the island (and that one is the PH!)

e.g. Island Yagudo: NIN SMN
    PH: SAM BRD

Does that make any sense?

Oh, and it usually took 2-4hr to pop for me, though I did go a good 6 hours once (*'-')/

Tonko

ty Rocl, that helps alot. Good to know which one is the PH, but it can span anywhere in the circle around the island?

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

I have a ton of experience, in the form of going 0/60+ on both Mee Deggi AND Quu Domi. Good luck, this place sucks total ass.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Uhh, they are 2 completely different NMs in completely different areas that have no connection with each other at all, of course they can both be up at the same time.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

If you camp without widescan, the PH is the only one that will walk in the water, correct? I just recently read this info and curious if this is how you pick out the PH without WS, if anyone can confirm. Thanks

that's good info, i alway's hated camping mee deggi

what's the exact on stray mary!! I usually just kill every damn sheep in sight if i'm ever farming rams but i heard osmeone say once, that you have to kill the sheep in the south part of the map and she pops in the north part (hence stray mary). I've never actually seen her pop when i was trying to make her pop though, only when i was randomly going through the area.

shed some light, i want a mary's horn and have no money!

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by Turtlesoup

Uhh, they are 2 completely different NMs in completely different areas that have no connection with each other at all, of course they can both be up at the same time.
    I believe what he was referring to was that now Mee Deggi can spawn while his PH is alive

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Serefina Solfyre
    FFXIV Server
    Odin
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Recently camped Mee Deggi as DRK/WAR, I never killed a single placeholder, and it always spawned within two hours from last death (except on the 8th pop, which yielded my kotes!). On some "rounds", I am fairly sure that neither me nor my rivals killed any of the yagudo, and he still spawned.

Mee Deggi's spawn places are very variable; to account for this, I ran around in a circle whilst spamming tab. It gets old fast, but got me 6/8 claims. As for whether to do it in the water or on the raised platform, it's up to you. Each has advantages and disadvantages.

I got mine during the summer and I can say for sure it doesn't have anything to do with place holders. Just can pop 1-3ish hours after it died last.

Demosthenes11

ok basically what everyone has been saying.
    Go 75job/25thf(at least) for flee imo. It's not as helpful as it used to be here, but it's still helpful nonetheless (and no, TH doesnt affect drop rate). The PH is is the only yagudo in the room that will walk fully into the water (some walk on the edge of the water). It will never be a herald or oracle. Can pop whenever is what im hearing, I chose to kill the old PH anyways. Pop a flee randomly and hope you get lucky. It can pop anywhere in the room (besides middle island) and has nothing to do with where PH popped or where it was killed. I've even seen it pop on the bridge leading up to middle island. Best bet is to walk in circles around middle island imo and hope you are faster/luckier than others around you. Drop rate is about 1/8~10

Good luck! I went 0/12 on Mee and 0/5 on Quu before the rare/ex patch, 1/1 the same day post patch :D. Hope you get lucky too!

I Have The Clap Again
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Raen Ryong
    Recently camped Mee Deggi as DRK/WAR, I never killed a single placeholder, and it always spawned within two hours from last death (except on the 8th pop, which yielded my kotes!). On some "rounds", I am fairly sure that neither me nor my rivals killed any of the yagudo, and he still spawned.

Mee Deggi's spawn places are very variable; to account for this, I ran around in a circle whilst spamming tab. It gets old fast, but got me 6/8 claims. As for whether to do it in the water or on the raised platform, it's up to you. Each has advantages and disadvantages.

That can't be right its a big room and still has a ph someone was killing it. I remember the old days when rmt would bot this those s.o.b.'s would kill Mee and go to Quee and I'd still be standing there with my thumb up my ass ....

Quote Originally Posted by \"Demosthenes11\"
    ok basically what everyone has been saying.
    Go 75job/25thf(at least) for flee imo. It\\\'s not as helpful as it used to be here, but it\\\'s still helpful nonetheless (and no, TH doesnt affect drop rate). The PH is is the only yagudo in the room that will walk fully into the water (some walk on the edge of the water). It will never be a herald or oracle. Can pop whenever is what im hearing, I chose to kill the old PH anyways. Pop a flee randomly and hope you get lucky. It can pop anywhere in the room (besides middle island) and has nothing to do with where PH popped or where it was killed. I\\\'ve even seen it pop on the bridge leading up to middle island. Best bet is to walk in circles around middle island imo and hope you are faster/luckier than others around you. Drop rate is about 1/8~10

Good luck! I went 0/12 on Mee and 0/5 on Quu before the rare/ex patch, 1/1 the same day post patch :D. Hope you get lucky too!
    This is the best advice to get you a claim. It contains correct information and good advice. 1/35 camper here, so I speak from XPerience.

Space Pope
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

I've gone 1/5 since they last changed Mee Deggi. He does not have a placeholder, although people usually kill the yags in the room for fun and to avoid having to re-read their names every time they look.

Pop is always after 1 hour, usually at 15 minute increments, although he can be wily. I've seen 1:00 on the dot and other times he's popped at like 1:45 or so. I've sat in the room after killing him, with nobody else in the room, and he's popped without me killing any placeholders.

And you can solo him at 50 MNK. He's not hard, he's only like level 33 or so.

This NM has changed alot over the course of updates so some ppl have some half assed info
    In Mee's room the SMN and NIN type yagudo you see on the platform in the middle of the room are NOT the PH-type. The PH-type is the other 2 (BRD and SAM for Mee) that don't spawn on the platform. vice versa it for Quu. The PH pops right under the last yagudo standing on that platform in WS list. W/O widescan you can tell still. There will always be a PH-type and nonPH-type close to the 4 corners around the room in there spawn radiai. If you see 3 in around the same area odds are one is the PH(have to wait to tell which is right one w/o ws)Now this NM used to pop 5:07 game hours after PH died but now it can spawn ANYTIME after PH has been killed. Confusing but it is how it works now. I used to do this: 1.)Figure out the PH. 2.)Kill said PH. 3.) Scanspam/look4NM(depends which better atm ;X) 4.) PH re-spawned? wait 2 game hours before you kill it since NM could pop between now and then still(ty updates..) 5.) OK safe to go kill PH again. ._.

Just like to add they made this NM completely retarded with all the changes it has had. Wish it could be moved back to the old old way and be 1hr re-pop on the platform area since they didn't have claim delay when they first changed it to pop anywhere.>>---<<

edit; sorry forgot to mention, Yes the NM(ph) can pop ANYWHERE. Even on the platform like it used to always do.(long ago...)

Yea I can also confirm what shihei said (I won\'t try to quote as I surf this site on a proxy now, fucking work blocked bg!), there is no set amount of time after you kill the PH that Mee Deggi can pop. The PH (which again, shihei correctly explained how to identify with and without Widescan) can pop again (or pop as Mee Deggi) as soon as instantly after it dies, or as long as 15-20 minutes. I\'ve personally witnessed Mee Deggi spawn instantly as the PH died, I\'ve personally witnessed the PH and Mee Deggi up at the same time, and I\'ve personally witnessed the PH not spawn for over 15 minutes.

If you want my advice, kill all the Interrogators (sams) and Drummers (brds) in mee deggi\'s room and just keep running around the interior of the water (to maximize circuit speed) and keep an eye out for him. Don\'t try to WS, it\'s just too slow in a room this small.

If you\'re around alone at the camp I can personally confirm (again through experience) that JUST killing the PH (identified without ws by watching movement ((if it breaks a quadrant or goes into the deep water, it\'s the PH))) will spawn Mee Deggi. It\'s very rare for MD to spawn before an hour after last kill, but I\'ve (sound like a broken record) personally witnessed 36 minutes, and would say 45 minutes is the safe bet, but 1:00 is fine as you\'ll miss perhaps 10% of spawns if you have last TOD. Killing nothing typically results in longer spawn times (3-4 hours) while killing PH (or all int/drum) typically results in 90-120 minute respawns.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Some say the PH has to die, others say he will pop on his own. lol

Either way, just got to Quu Domi room and he popped not 2 seconds later. Got drop. :D